What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

coolhandjoe

Holiday and holiday, was tormented daily by a bunch of kids but if you count that as a holiday then I guess it was alright. As for the topic at hand,

I don't think it has been discussed properly. I mean honestly, I would even like to hear from a western woman how you spot one since they seem to be experts at this.

Just for the love of the debate... please enlighten a poorly educated man in this topic.

I'll take a guess that any western woman who lost her man to Thailand would call all thai ladies bar-girls (and worse). Hell hath no fury...

Indeed they would mate.

They will also go futher and tell all their friends, family and anyone who will listen that all Thai women are BG's , trouble, man-grabbing etc

They will not employ a Thai women who is overqualified for a meanial job and prefer to employ someone less suitable purely because of her/friends pre-judgemental opinions of Thai women.

Therefore the Thai Women has to work twice as hard as here collegues to be accepted as an equal work collegue (but they'll never be 100% convinced because the thought of losing their husband plays ontheir insecurities).

They will probally go futher with their prejudices......

it is about time, this thread was sorely lacking the requisite kick at the western woman, as a whole truly a flawed species

These are personal experiences of my wife and there are more examples.

It was not a "kick" at western woman.

My Thai wife has many western women as friends and collegues.

The point i was making was that Thai women in falangland have to work twice as hard to be accepted because of pre-judgemental generalisations about them.

• Like 1

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be living a very sheltered life then if you know from the get go who you are and what you want.

For me life is more like a work in progress meaning who I am and what I want is changing over time based on various positive and negative experiences.

I didn't mean any predetermined mission in life overall, just before you embark on a project know what you want, be clear as to your goals, limits values etc and you greatly improve the chances of success.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don’t much care where--" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

"--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you’re sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

OK. fair enough.

I must've read more into it than you meant.smile.png

Yes you're right. I guess I just spend far too much of my time with either elite IELTS students or bargirls! I'll get my most recent bar-squeeze to do an IELTS Part 2 Speaking (can you suggest a topic?) and let you know her score!

OK, here's one should be easy:

Describe a special item you would like to buy. Be specific: talk about what it is like, when you think you'll be able to buy it, and discuss why you want it.
Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

To Modem

Newbie after 2 posts you jump in to attack the poster of the above pic.

You are a troll and a poor one at that.

More likely a long time poster who didn't want his usual username banned.

TB always comes across as totally gullible (like many nice guys).

Let's face it when the Thai gf is a bit of a 'wrong un' the foreigner bf is always the last to know.

(not saying this is the case here, just saying)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

To Modem

I'm not attacking the poster of that photo. I'm saying he should be wary of the "she's different" trap. It's a trap almost all of us have fallen for.

Edited by Modem
  • Like 1

To Modem

I'm not attacking the poster of that photo. I'm saying he should be wary of the "she's different" trap. It's a trap almost all of us have fallen for.

Even if she's not different who cares anyway?

I wouldn't with legs like that.smile.png

Even if she's not different who cares anyway?

I wouldn't with legs like that.smile.png

Everyone's gf/wife has legs like that, this is what Thailand is all about, girls with fantastic legs!

(my wife IS different, no tattoo)

Yes and once they open and dew forms on their petals a tattoo or no tattoo would be the last thing on my mind.

There's priorities you knowbiggrin.png

Edited by meom

Why should it matter to you if another couple met in a less classy bar?

Life's too bloody short......

I agree with you but just having read an article on a sister website about Pattaya and soi 6 girls I would have to draw the line there I am afraid!whistling.gif

To Modem

More likely a long time poster who didn't want his usual username banned.

TB always comes across as totally gullible (like many nice guys).

Let's face it when the Thai gf is a bit of a 'wrong un' the foreigner bf is always the last to know.

(not saying this is the case here, just saying)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

To Modem

Okay fair comment......I knew when I posted the photo it would attract comment, especially negative comments.

It's interesting seeing some of the reactions.

Holiday and holiday, was tormented daily by a bunch of kids but if you count that as a holiday then I guess it was alright. As for the topic at hand,

I don't think it has been discussed properly. I mean honestly, I would even like to hear from a western woman how you spot one since they seem to be experts at this.

Just for the love of the debate... please enlighten a poorly educated man in this topic.

I'll take a guess that any western woman who lost her man to Thailand would call all thai ladies bar-girls (and worse). Hell hath no fury...

Indeed they would mate.

They will also go futher and tell all their friends, family and anyone who will listen that all Thai women are BG's , trouble, man-grabbing etc

They will not employ a Thai women who is overqualified for a meanial job and prefer to employ someone less suitable purely because of her/friends pre-judgemental opinions of Thai women.

Therefore the Thai Women has to work twice as hard as here collegues to be accepted as an equal work collegue (but they'll never be 100% convinced because the thought of losing their husband plays ontheir insecurities).

They will probally go futher with their prejudices......

it is about time, this thread was sorely lacking the requisite kick at the western woman, as a whole truly a flawed species

Only guessing, but I reckon that almost all western male posters on TV would support that opinion. A lot of western men I know back home are also of that belief.

I believe a definate maximum measured area covered with tattoos as the indication of a BG is needed. Perhaps the bidding starts at 9cm^2 ? (Yeah I know some savages still don't use SI units, google it).

The color also must matter. Scarlet is a dead giveaway, of course. In fact. aren't birthmarks just genetic tattoo's. I'm starting to get the idea behind the Coroner's Special porcelain skin.

But how then can you verify the lack of tramp stamps, as with a good girl you won't even be sleeping in the same room before married ? Oh the shame of it, finding a butterfly on the back in wedding night. Drives a man straight to his mia noi's, surely.

Very complex it is, this Asian culture, mmmmmm...

Yup......complex indeed.....here's my lady

487207_458038534234474_489771726_n.jpg

Degree educated and working as a restaurant manager and ye gods!! ( well I suppose ye Buddha!! ) she has a tattoo on her left thigh !!!

Modern Thai women, just who do they think they are eh? coffee1.gif

Sorry, Theblether, In 25 years of Thailand experience I've never come across a Thai girl with a tattoo on her leg like that, who at some time wasn't involved in the sex trade,although, to be fair I don't know if I've ever met this particular lady,so possibly she's the exception.

A Thai education Degree means nothing,unless it's from Chula or similar university,and then again some people don't

Rate those universities very high.

This is correct. That tattoo is not "westernized", but just lo-so. Listen to normal Thai women how they gossip about such girls.

Who cares what some chattering class women think, as they probably have chicken legs, while the girl in the picture has amazingly fine pins. If I could look at pins like that everyday, I'm sure I could overlook a small tatoo. It's not like she has "I love satan" written there.

Here is Something to think about; The Thailand sex industry came of age during the Vietnam War employing thousands and thousands of women over a 15 year period.

You should read a bit about King Rama V, slavery in Thailand and the rights of men, to buy females as sex slaves.

Also you should think about, that foreigners are in statistics only about 10% of the 'visitors of prostitutes services in Thailand'.

The other 90% are the Thai males!

Also you should look in some rural areas, where the 'foreigner' is simple not available, as a customer, but still brothels are.

Like a friend of mine thinks, the 'foreigner' section of this business is the nicer part for all involved people.

The local part is a lot cheaper, and includes more pimps and sex mafia, as you probably can imagine!

A Thai man only marries a prostitute, to become her pimp!

Let me elaborate on my statement "coming of age" - Growing up and becoming far more affluent and prosperous.

Still you should read about the past in Thailand.

I was thinking into 'your' direction, when I was writing my first answer.

The GI's recreational service station Pattaya made the business easier, more valuable, and, as strange it sounds, more 'nice' (enjoyable) for the girls in reach of, at that time, almost only front soldiers with a lot of money, and only a little time, to spend. And no knowledge about, that they ever would have the chance, to come back, to the shangri-la'!

And this has shown to the whole world, what can happen, here. They added a new facet into the old game, but that was it.

The Americans didn't grow the business, they made it more public, only. The 'prostitution is not legal' law is from the 1960, I think. It was 'pushed' by the united nations. Think about, why that happened, before Pattaya was even chosen as recreational center!

But still it was (and is) only a minority, working that free in bars, with the fun, off friends around, bar bells, booth, and 'good' money, for giving the body.

Take a look at the big (chinese sex mafia) players in the business. Or simple at the majority 'pro'girl. They are 'f%$&*g for pimps. Do you think, the 200 baht, a local man pays to the pimp/bouncer of the whorehouse, will find the way into the pocket of the girl?

After 5-10 customers/day, maybe. She first has to earn the room rent, where she 'can' work and sleep!

Oh, and to the one post, estimating 5% of the Thai ladies are prostitutes:

There are (thai)official numbers from 2008 or 09, stating 2.5 million Sex workers to be expected in Thailand, 2 million of them woman!

Looking at the fact, that ~51% of the Thais are woman, 2 million is more, as 5% of them.

Also don't forget about the 'ex'-pros!

Edited by noob7

To Modem

Okay fair comment......I knew when I posted the photo it would attract comment, especially negative comments.

Having just seen the photo, who cares what some negative souls think. That's a nice body!

• Like 1

To Modem

Having just seen the photo, who cares what some negative souls think. That's a nice body!

As long the 'negative' souls aren't mum, dad, grandma's and grandpa's and other family members, don't you think?

As long the 'negative' souls aren't mum, dad, grandma's and grandpa's and other family members, don't you think?

I'd be extremely surprised if mum, dad, grandma's and grandpa's and other family members were posting on this thread!

Post modified to allow posting.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Do you call them each day to check what clothes they are happy for you to wear? What food to eat?

There is a word for people like you and it is also a female dog :)

(And no... I dont date BG's... Dont date people in Thailand actually lol)... I just hate mummys boy and extend that to your entire family lol

Do you call them each day to check what clothes they are happy for you to wear? What food to eat?

There is a word for people like you and it is also a female dog smile.png

(And no... I dont date BG's... Dont date people in Thailand actually lol)... I just hate mummys boy and extend that to your entire family lol

What Led You To Thailand ?

Posted by Jigger on 2011-11-11 08:18:34 in General topics

sex

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

@ post 433

Not all, just some voiciferious ones. Just shows their blinkered ignorance up for what it is.

Only people who have travelled the world and experienced a variety of different cultures and customs who are open minded individuals don't have that negativity towards people

So true.

The biggest lies of all are the ones we tell ourselves.

Self-denial and "rose-tinted spectacles" and "she's different".

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ...............

• Like 2

There is a word for people like you and it is also a female dog smile.png

You should talk to your doctor. The tabs aren't working any longer, methinks! cheesy.gif

Edited by noob7

nothing wrong with marrying a girl from a bar, there all honest princesses and angels, i learned that hear, people keep on saying there more trustworthy then normal girls.

not for me however, i never new this when i got my wife, to late now, if we finish maybe i will be fortunate enough now to use my new found knowledge and get a nice bargirl.

What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

You don't have to barfine her every day.

You don't?

Crickey - you mean my teerak's been scamming for the past forty-five years?

Now you tell me! What about forcing me to order a new drink every half hour, next you'll be telling me that isn't an essential part of Thai culture. . .

I just love how you can distort a statement. I have no personal experience in the matter and leave that to the professionals as I was talking about something ..different. coffee1.gif

Yes an extreme scenario, and you're right if we're sticking to the OP "meeting a girl in a bar", well back home of course such places don't have the same stigma they do here among ordinary people, so it becomes a lot less relevant

But to the extent people are talking about sex workers (which seems to be the case) I stand by the point I was illustrating - even the most explicit sex-worker here is generally much more likely to be a nice person that you can trust than the ones most punters would have encountered back home.

• Like 1

I just love how you can distort a statement. I have no personal experience in the matter and leave that to the professionals as I was talking about something ..different. coffee1.gif

Yes an extreme scenario, and you're right if we're sticking to the OP "meeting a girl in a bar", well back home of course such places don't have the same stigma they do here among ordinary people, so it becomes a lot less relevant

But to the extent people are talking about sex workers (which seems to be the case) I stand by the point I was illustrating - even the most explicit sex-worker here is generally much more likely to be a nice person that you can trust than the ones most punters would have encountered back home.

Probably more illustrated than I would have preferred you were.

That said here's my take on the thing, thinking a bar girl here is different from a bar girl in the west shows you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.

The exception in Thailand is whether or not the girl actually can communicate with you. Men who date women who know but little English, working in a not-so-inconspicuous bar, know exactly what they want and are heading into. Yet they are baffled every time the girl either cheat, lie or leave them.

Now crying it out on TV that a BG left the poor sod is just plain pathetic to me because either he never thought of this girl as a girlfriend or he knew exactly what she was and couldn't cope with the obvious.

There is definitely lack of words how I feel for guys like this.

This however doesn't mean that all girls working in a bar are what some people here assume they are. For some it's just a job, plain and simple and I really wish some people would spend a lot more time on their own relationships and problems instead of throwing looks at people, trying to figure out if this dark-skinned girl is either a low-educated farm girl or a hooker. If there is no other conclusion than these two, that means there is not much else going on in the heads of the people making these assumptions.

Regarding the tattoo thing is a farang made paranoia. Even back in the west the locals would look down on men or women who happen to have one since that either means that they belong to a biker gang or are drug addicts and these people bring their paranoia and uneducated presumptions with them on their holiday.

Edited by maxme

That said here's my take on the thing, thinking a bar girl here is different from a bar girl in the west shows you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Are there actually places in the West where you can have the " bar girl experience" similar as in Thailand?