What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

coolhandjoe

And yet they are all wrong.......amazing that eh? smile.png

Assumptions are made on appearance (right or wrong) ..... you must agree to that.

Try it yourself if you don't believe me. Take a wander, with the photo, ask a few Thais.

I agree with you......and yet they would still all be wrong.

So what do we do? Go on a circular argument about the value of first appearance? That was the whole point of the photo, and I'm sorry if it has upset anybodies pre-conceived notions of Thai women.

Do first impressions count?........yes

Are they always correct?............no.

<So what do we do?>

Well, you could stop worrying about what other people think.

It took me years, but eventually I did realise that other people aren't better than I, and while they may have negative opinions, so what.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh...maybe she wanted to get the tattoo. Maybe she dresses the way she does because she wants to.

Hahaha how could a family "not allow it'? Come on...

It's like banging your head against a brick wall with some of you people. There are some people here that think nothing has changed in Thailand in 100 years.

"...you people"?

Are you saying that because I am African American?

Perhaps nothing has changed in 100 years in some peoples minds.

nice attempt at the race card, should make things interesting.

btw im jewish

Oh no not the race card! I'm a 1/4 Jewish, 1/4 Danish, 1/2 English have a African feature - my wife is 1/2 chinese, 1/4 Lao, 1/4 Thai and a discreet tatoo feature. This makes are kids look 100% caucasian they even have blue eyes!

i have a clubfoot and a harelip

It's been pointed out by others that this assumption that tattoo on lady = bar girl is wrong, however a lot of people here are not prepared to believe that.

Some of the guys on here have no idea that this forum is read by Thais on a daily basis, no idea that it is read by the partners of members on a daily basis, and no idea of how offensive and outright stupid some of the posts are.

Now we have guys lining up to say that my lady is a sex worker because of one photo.

Just asked my SIL (Skype) who is a Pattaya hooker ...... she says hooker too.

i swear, thais have the craziest names

• Like 2

I know a nun who used to be a prostitute. Been a nun for 5 years now, not uncommon, some prostitutes get to dislike men (as sexual partners). No rules about prostitutes not being allowed to join.

Same here, one of my ex's from my early days here, not quite a nun yet, but now spends three weeks living her local temple about every other month. And it's done her the world of good, a much more thoughtful person, pretty much has her anger management issues under control, seems to be trying to do the right things.

But too soon old, too late schmart, story of my life. . .

Assumptions are made on appearance (right or wrong) ..... you must agree to that.

Try it yourself if you don't believe me. Take a wander, with the photo, ask a few Thais.

I agree with you......and yet they would still all be wrong.

So what do we do? Go on a circular argument about the value of first appearance? That was the whole point of the photo, and I'm sorry if it has upset anybodies pre-conceived notions of Thai women.

Do first impressions count?........yes

Are they always correct?............no.

<So what do we do?>

Well, you could stop worrying about what other people think.

It took me years, but eventually I did realise that other people aren't better than I, and while they may have negative opinions, so what.

If I was worried what other people think I wouldn't have posted the photograph smile.png

However I do take your point entirely wai.gif

First impression......highly over-rated

It's been pointed out by others that this assumption that tattoo on lady = bar girl is wrong, however a lot of people here are not prepared to believe that.

Some of the guys on here have no idea that this forum is read by Thais on a daily basis, no idea that it is read by the partners of members on a daily basis, and no idea of how offensive and outright stupid some of the posts are.

Now we have guys lining up to say that my lady is a sex worker because of one photo.

I've just shown it to my Thai family and a few Thais floating around.

'What occupation do you think she has'. They all said hooker too.

Q: Pooying tee nee tam ngern arai ....... A: pooying kai dtua

(The small sample varied from young teen female up to grannies)

Have you asked her mum, I'm betting she will say hooker. It's not as if Thais have different ideas to us about tattoos. I would say, if anything, they were even more judgmental.

Edit

Just asked my SIL (Skype) who is a Pattaya hooker ...... she says hooker too.

PS

Shorts, irrelevant every female (and some guys) with attractive legs wears shorts, but in this case most would wear long trousers to cover that tattoo.

I'm with you 100% on this one. The others are wrong. Many women here have tattoos and they aren't/never have been sex workers.

Seems like there are a lot of uninformed, prude guys who have not seen the changes over the years.

• Like 1

I'm with you 100% on this one. The others are wrong. Many women here have tattoos and they aren't/never have been sex workers.

Seems like there are a lot of uninformed, prude guys who have not seen the changes over the years.

The Thai government must be also wrong then, cos she'll never be working for them.

Anyway TB has already told us she never worked in a bar, so all the posts about her are irrelevant as well as off topic. If this is turning into a 'reader's wife's legs' thread, can I post a photo of my wife's legs, she's never worked in a bar either and has prettier legs to boot.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

We should do a topic on piercings. I would imagine some of the same people would also insist that any women with piercings are/were sex-workers too.

With reference to the original topic, tatoos and piercings unfortunately not only are first impressions often wrong but a lot of posters seem to have forgotten, or ignored, that old adage "never judge a book by its cover".....

• Like 1

We should do a topic on piercings. I would imagine some of the same people would also insist that any women with piercings are/were sex-workers too.

With reference to the original topic, tatoos and piercings unfortunately not only are first impressions often wrong but a lot of posters seem to have forgotten, or ignored, that old adage "never judge a book by its cover".....

These are three of my daughters teachers. At least they told me they were teachers.whistling.gif

post-73727-0-62816400-1351606750_thumb.j

These are three of my daughters teachers. At least they told me they were teachers.whistling.gif

You forgot to tell us what they were teaching her!

My daughter is 40 years old so no telling. Some things you just don't talk to dad about.

PR/marketing for a new tatoo parlour in the mall.........thumbsup.gif

Not sure about thai bg's, but there were a lass in our village (in the noble land of my birth) who had rubber studs on her knees & elbows and a cash-box on her head. If memory serves me right, Back-entry Bertha was her name. wink.png

• Like 1

Do you mind maxme???

This is the General Forum!! This is where we get to vent all our spleen and flash our prejudices to all and sundry!!! You listen here young man, there is no Thai female related issue that we have not done to death!!! Thai men should count themselves lucky that we are here to expose their womenfolk as being vixens of the highest order.

I feel we should all get an award, or at the very least a nice long stay in an asylum coffee1.gif

ps How was your holiday?

Holiday and holiday, was tormented daily by a bunch of kids but if you count that as a holiday then I guess it was alright. As for the topic at hand,

I don't think it has been discussed properly. I mean honestly, I would even like to hear from a western woman how you spot one since they seem to be experts at this.

Just for the love of the debate... please enlighten a poorly educated man in this topic.

I feel we should all get an award, or at the very least a nice long stay in an asylum coffee1.gif

....and your definition of TV being??....., It's gotta be at least a virtual asylum... SAS, SEALS, millionaires, playboys, political pundits and bar-room philosophers, all fighting like rats in a burning sack, while at the same time offering each other life-changing advice to one another Definitely "One Tripped Over the Cuckoo's Nest"...... whistling.gif

• Like 2

Holiday and holiday, was tormented daily by a bunch of kids but if you count that as a holiday then I guess it was alright. As for the topic at hand,

I don't think it has been discussed properly. I mean honestly, I would even like to hear from a western woman how you spot one since they seem to be experts at this.

Just for the love of the debate... please enlighten a poorly educated man in this topic.

I'll take a guess that any western woman who lost her man to Thailand would call all thai ladies bar-girls (and worse). Hell hath no fury...
  • Like 1

Am I to understand that every member who posted with shock and horror at blokes hooking up with BG's married virgin nuns. Come on you lot, be it they worked in a bar, did tricks to pay for their Uni degree or belonged to the hosties mile high club what bloody difference does it make. If it is only the BG's that are the bad girls, their is a lot of female public servants, politicians and the like with skeletons in the closet. Maybe all the ex bar girls should have their foreheads tattooed so the high moralized element amongst us can truly recognise them instead of making unjustified presumptions based on looks, body art or clothing. I have heard it a million times over the past 40 years - my wife was the cook or the cashier or worked hard to put herself through Uni. Never the brush, just the broom handle. I don't know what makes me pewk more, your self bloody righteous or your bullshit. Get over it and get on with living.

Edited by ozall
  • Like 2

To all you guys slagging marriage...

Perhaps you were previously married to a cow or some other sort of beast.

I was a dedicated bachelor till I was 50. I lived in California in my youth and shagged all sorts of beauties 100s...In Thailand, I also had my fill.

So, when I met my wife I was ready to settle down, have a lovely companion, avoid herpes and not die of hiv.

Its real funny guys on this board - so many could not even attract and keep a woman.

Ah...sworn to fun, loyal to none!

The women in the bars I was meeting were nothing but problems. So you are welcome to them. Their ugly attitudes, garish tatoos, smoking, drugs, scams and bs trips. How much dont I need to pay for that?

Enjoy the Chlamydia

PS: I did not marry a bar girl if not obvious

Edited by bangkokburning
  • Like 1

I'll take a guess that any western woman who lost her man to Thailand would call all thai ladies bar-girls (and worse). Hell hath no fury...

Indeed they would mate.

They will also go futher and tell all their friends, family and anyone who will listen that all Thai women are BG's , trouble, man-grabbing etc

They will not employ a Thai women who is overqualified for a meanial job and prefer to employ someone less suitable purely because of her/friends pre-judgemental opinions of Thai women.

Therefore the Thai Women has to work twice as hard as here collegues to be accepted as an equal work collegue (but they'll never be 100% convinced because the thought of losing their husband plays ontheir insecurities).

They will probally go futher with their prejudices......

Indeed they would mate.

They will also go futher and tell all their friends, family and anyone who will listen that all Thai women are BG's , trouble, man-grabbing etc

They will not employ a Thai women who is overqualified for a meanial job and prefer to employ someone less suitable purely because of her/friends pre-judgemental opinions of Thai women.

Therefore the Thai Women has to work twice as hard as here collegues to be accepted as an equal work collegue (but they'll never be 100% convinced because the thought of losing their husband plays ontheir insecurities).

They will probally go futher with their prejudices......

it is about time, this thread was sorely lacking the requisite kick at the western woman, as a whole truly a flawed species

I was a dedicated bachelor till I was 50. I lived in California in my youth and shagged all sorts of beauties 100s...In Thailand, I also had my fill.

So, when I met my wife I was ready to settle down, have a lovely companion, avoid herpes and not die of hiv.

Its real funny guys on this board - so many could not even attract and keep a woman.

The women in the bars I was meeting were nothing but problems. So you are welcome to them. Their ugly attitudes, garish tatoos, smoking, drugs, scams and bs trips. How much dont I need to pay for that?

Enjoy the Chlamydia

Yes, I'm sure she's "special". smile.png

Enjoy the Chlamydia

Enjoy the Chlamydia

I didn't enjoy it all. I got it from a nurse first and a cashier at 7/11 second. Never got it from a bar girl.

But I am confused about one thing. Why would you think it necessary to add, "PS I did not marry a bar girl?" Who do you think cares? Does your wife read Thai Visa? In that case I could understand it.