What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

coolhandjoe

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people who don't care about anyone else marrying a bar girl go to such lengths to insist their girl is not a bar girl?

Perhaps trying to gain that elusive respect here on TV. You know, the thing that makes all other posters reply with a "Oh Great Oracle, The Founder of Unspoiled Women, The Temple of Truth, we Salute You".

There was an offensive banner about arguing in the internet that would fit very well here, were it not against TV posting guidelines.

Do you think that the Nun is in on a devilish scheme to snare theblether into believing his lady is a good girl?

Hmmm.......hard one that eh?

I know a nun who used to be a prostitute.

Been a nun for 5 years now, not uncommon, some prostitutes get to dislike men (as sexual partners). No rules about prostitutes not being allowed to join.

@TB

If you had posted that photo and had a survey, 'who thinks this girl is a sex worker' without providing any personal information, every one would have voted 'sex worker' and you know that. It's not just the fact she has a tattoo, but the size and placing and design all scream out one thing. Sorry, I gotta go with Tinfoilhat and ask, what on earth are you thinking?

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Do you think that the Nun is in on a devilish scheme to snare theblether into believing his lady is a good girl?

Been a nun for 5 years now, not uncommon, some prostitutes get to dislike men (as sexual partners). No rules about prostitutes not being allowed to join.

So the nun had the hots for theblether, reminded her of the good 'ol times ?

Yes, her mother hates it, teenage rebellion and a reminder of a difficilt time in their lives.

Who are we to judge?

To that extent I do not condemn any woman who has been involved in prostitution

No offense!

The mother said, she hates it, because of rebellion? Or because of the way, others looking at her daughter, not knowing, why she got it?

Have you tried to find that out? Ever asked your girl? Show her this topic, do some research yourself!

I do not judge or condemn.

If I would do, I had never this many conversations about everything else, except the sex work, with any of the sex workers!

I'm only pointing on facts and sights inside the big Thai community, that reflecting the 'Farang' view, too.. Can be, that I forgot the one or the other time, to use '....', but the op question is about bar girls and being together with / marry them.

And it's a valid point, methinks,that the majority of Tattoos on 'never hiding places on the body' are either on lo-so males or on real hookers!

The type of 'better 3x short, than 1 time long. Except it's a "I love her" in the eyes of the customer.

What means, every time you see a tattooed Thai lady, being together with a westener, they may have met at the mentioned location. Or she was 'working' around that locations. I even count the 7/11 around the corner of a bar area to this locations. No Isaan lady has to travel to Pattaya or Phuket, to work for 9000 Baht plus the 'advantage' of higher living costs! it's the option, to find a bf / hubby down there. Plus the chance for extra money, aside, if that isn't happening. The family will ask, sooner or later, for the one or the other 1000 Baht more/ month.

I know a lot of pretty girls, showing her tattoo in the bars/areas, but never ever will allow themselves, to show this tattoo to the parents and in their hometown. They have chosen the place of this 'rebellion/group' tattoo 'wisely'.

There are still elders out there, that don't wanna know, how the lovely care taking kid earns her money in reality. Or that the neighbors will get proved right.

And simple looking at this facts, there is still no way, in this years, a tattoo on a lady, shown like the one on the pretty leg of your girl, is accepted as a jewelery from the majority of the people, in this country. As long you aren't a superstar, and everybody knows, you have more money, than the guy aside you ever can provide!

It was the same, in the '1. world'.

For sure, the youngster are changing, to their own live style. But that will need another 2-5 decades, I guess. Till then, a easy visible tattoo is showing the class of the person. Together with a 'Farang'-man, from any age, it will always be seen as a kind of business deal.

As sad it is, it is almost every time true!

In case, you're seeing two very pretty girls, like your girlfriend, somewhere in a shopping area far far away from any hooker destination, which you would like to get in contact with: Why you would try it with the chosen one?

The girl, with the big tattoo and the hot pants on pumps, or the girl in the dress with the glasses and the notebook over her shoulder?

Everyone can answer this question, it totally doesn't matter, because the answer works always in both directions.

You (do not) chose the hot pants, b/c she may be a easy catch

You (do not) chose the notebook girl, because you think, she's a 'real good girl' (or not so easy to get in contact with)

btw: this 'notebook girl may have a beautiful big dragon tattoo on her back, or a snake. But she will never expose it, at places, it would lead to assumptions, that aren't appropriate for her or her family. Or her boyfriend/husband!

And the other can be a good girl, too. Maybe. But it's the spectator, first, who decides, what he sees. And the experience, you had with this.

@TB

If you had posted that photo and had a survey, 'who thinks this girl is a sex worker' without providing any personal information, every one would have voted 'sex worker' and you know that. It's not just the fact she has a tattoo, but the size and placing and design all scream out one thing. Sorry, I gotta go with Tinfoilhat and ask, what on earth are you thinking?

Na, if he had posted the picture for survey reasons, without any information: Pretty Ladyboy with 50/50 chance, methinks

I think the problem is that many guys marry somebody they don't know owing to the barrier in communication. The husband doesn't know enough Thai to realize that he is being ripped off. The only language the bargirl knows is lanuage used to extract cash.

The sex is usually great at first.

I have met women working in bars that would make great wives. I have met monsters who look like angels. Took me years of sitting in bars and speaking Thai to make the distinction, though.

Plus I'd say 85% of Thai bargirls already have a Thai boyfriend at home.

It's all a gamble. But that's, life.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Plus I'd say 85% of Thai bargirls already have a Thai boyfriend at home.

How dare you are, to call the 'brother', taking care the kid, b/f? It's many times the husband!

This girls are mostly taking birth control pills! Don't touch, don't fall in love to them. They are going for the extra money, without a condom, easily!

Next?

Still you didn't deliver answers to questions.

Perhaps 'next' is up2you?

But take your time, clear some fact's, before you assume further.

Your 'point' is one, not even proved by yourself, it looks like.

Our points are everywhere!whistling.gif

Next?

Still you didn't deliver answers to questions.

Perhaps 'next' is up2you?

But take your time, clear some fact's, before you assume further.

Your 'point' is one, not even proved by yourself, it looks like.

Our points are everywhere!whistling.gif

Sorry I wasn't aware that you were the grand inquisitor today. You'll be pleased to hear that she is reading this topic. You no doubt are delighted that your knowledge of modern Thai women is being absorbed by all and sundry.

@TB

I have to agree with Tommo on this one, but I didn't have the heart to say anything.

I understand that she wasn't a bg etc but first impressions are everything especially in Thailand.

@TB

I have to agree with Tommo on this one, but I didn't have the heart to say anything.

I understand that she wasn't a bg etc but first impressions are everything especially in Thailand.

I know that......maybe you're now starting to see the point smile.png

It's been pointed out by others that this assumption that tattoo on lady = bar girl is wrong, however a lot of people here are not prepared to believe that.

Some of the guys on here have no idea that this forum is read by Thais on a daily basis, no idea that it is read by the partners of members on a daily basis, and no idea of how offensive and outright stupid some of the posts are.

Now we have guys lining up to say that my lady is a sex worker because of one photo.

Okay.......if I wanted to I could request about 30 members who know my lady to step forward and ridicule you, including several female members, a couple of which that would shock you. Here's the problem.......the site seems to be anonymous.....it's not. Many people here know me and many know my lady and have done so for years.

Then we've had a whole lot of ballooning about tattoos where / good / bad / blah blah.........by so called experts.The vast majority of members don't contribute to topics as a certain camp of idiots take over and spout absolute garbage and regard it as the word of the Lord. That's what happens when you get trapped in sleaze, you become an expert on sleaze.

I met a guy recently who was on his 63rd trip to Pattaya, boy, was he an expert on Pattaya? He sure was.......he couldn't point out Chiang Mai on a map. He'd been nowhere else in Thailand but Pattaya or the Don Mueang Hotel back in the day.

So I'm not offended by anyone making the assumption based upon one photo.........I knew that was the reaction the photo would get, and once again we split into two camps.

Assassination Without Investigation v What Kind Of Idiot Would Assume They Know My Life.

Edited by theblether

@TB

I know that......maybe your now starting to see the point smile.png

OK point taken :)

I know her and her entire family very well for six years. Stayed with them many times, traveled in Thailand with them. There are many, many professionals who have tattoos who are not in any way sex-workers. A tattoo has nothing to do with what people do for a living.

You are right, it doesn't - directly, but its also true that the vast majority of sex workers in Thailand have tattoos, and that indirect correlation is not lost on the vast majority of people in Thai society - native and foreigner alike.

<its also true that the vast majority of sex workers in Thailand have tattoos>

And you know this because.............................................?

We can bring that down to statistics!

You walk around in a bar area, one like Patong/Bangla

You take a look at all the girls, you see, p.ex. in/under Tiger, in the bar area.

You get yourself two of these, decide the tattoo clicking with the stronger hand.

Digital_Counter_Classic_LL.jpg

And after half the way, you will have to change the hands, b/c the 'no-tattoos' hand is still powerful and waiting for another click, every now and then, but the other is tired already!

Don't use a cheap counter with 3 digits, only! i mean, for tattoo girls counting! For the other one, a pen and a kradatt will be enough, methinks

You appear to be another that believes prostitutes only inhabit farang areas. How many bar girls working in Thai clientelle bars have tats? Let's remember that compared to the Thai scene, farang oriented bars are statistically insignificant.

Post modified to allow posting.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

TheBlether, why did she get the tattoo on her leg?

And I am unclear why she would dress like that, be seen with an older faring and let everyone make the obvious assumption.

It's not classy or "modern" in the least.

It just seems like a poorly inked, nothing tattoo done to be part of the cool kids.

I'm surprised you posted this to be honest.

Teenage rebellion.......her father died tragically and she went mad for a while. Others have told me the story and she regrets to this day putting her mother through turmoil.

I agree it's needing redone, it's up to her to decide what to do about it.

As for the earlier question about the shorts, that's daywear, you'll see her wearing a dress most nights. Now surely we're not going down another road that young Thai women that wear shorts are tramps are we????

Thanks for the reasoned response.

I still don't really understand showing it off the way she is, as it isn't really a nice or "hip" tattoo, but I can't judge her for having it.

Perhaps you can offer to have it lasered?

TheBlether, why did she get the tattoo on her leg?

And I am unclear why she would dress like that, be seen with an older faring and let everyone make the obvious assumption.

It's not classy or "modern" in the least.

It just seems like a poorly inked, nothing tattoo done to be part of the cool kids.

I'm surprised you posted this to be honest.

Teenage rebellion.......her father died tragically and she went mad for a while. Others have told me the story and she regrets to this day putting her mother through turmoil.

I agree it's needing redone, it's up to her to decide what to do about it.

As for the earlier question about the shorts, that's daywear, you'll see her wearing a dress most nights. Now surely we're not going down another road that young Thai women that wear shorts are tramps are we????

Thanks for the reasoned response.

I still don't really understand showing it off the way she is, as it isn't really a nice or "hip" tattoo, but I can't judge her for having it.

Perhaps you can offer to have it lasered?

It's up to her......I'll pm you in a minute.

But you didn't answer any of the questions.

I'm not judging your girlfriend, more questioning why someone from a decent family would get such a cheap tattoo in such an obvious location, and why she dresses the way she does. What does her family think about it? What do you really think about it? Would you prefer she didn't have it?

My wife is from a decent family and there is absolutely no way she would ever get a tattoo, or her family would allow it.

And to be honest, she does pre-judge girls with tattoos.

Uhhh...maybe she wanted to get the tattoo. Maybe she dresses the way she does because she wants to.

Hahaha how could a family "not allow it'? Come on...

It's like banging your head against a brick wall with some of you people. There are some people here that think nothing has changed in Thailand in 100 years.

"...you people"?

Are you saying that because I am African American?

Perhaps nothing has changed in 100 years in some peoples minds.

It's been pointed out by others that this assumption that tattoo on lady = bar girl is wrong, however a lot of people here are not prepared to believe that.

Some of the guys on here have no idea that this forum is read by Thais on a daily basis, no idea that it is read by the partners of members on a daily basis, and no idea of how offensive and outright stupid some of the posts are.

Now we have guys lining up to say that my lady is a sex worker because of one photo.

I've just shown it to my Thai family and a few Thais floating around.

'What occupation do you think she has'. They all said hooker too.

Q: Pooying tee nee tam ngern arai ....... A: pooying kai dtua

(The small sample varied from young teen female up to grannies)

Have you asked her mum, I'm betting she will say hooker. It's not as if Thais have different ideas to us about tattoos. I would say, if anything, they were even more judgmental.

Edit

Just asked my SIL (Skype) who is a Pattaya hooker ...... she says hooker too.

PS

Shorts, irrelevant every female (and some guys) with attractive legs wears shorts, but in this case most would wear long trousers to cover that tattoo.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Have you asked her mum, I'm betting she will say hooker. It's not as if Thais have different ideas to us about tattoos. I would say, if anything, they were even more judgmental.

Edit

PS

Shorts, irrelevant every female (and some guys) with attractive legs wears shorts, but in this case most would wear long trousers to cover that tattoo.

And yet they are all wrong.......amazing that eh? smile.png

Edit

PS

And I'm very happy that they do wear short shorts, now that micro minis seem to have gone out of favour!

• Like 1

And yet they are all wrong.......amazing that eh? smile.png

Assumptions are made on appearance (right or wrong) ..... you must agree to that.

Try it yourself if you don't believe me. Take a wander, with the photo, ask a few Thais.

I agree with you......and yet they would still all be wrong.

So what do we do? Go on a circular argument about the value of first appearance? That was the whole point of the photo, and I'm sorry if it has upset anybodies pre-conceived notions of Thai women.

Do first impressions count?........yes

Are they always correct?............no.

• Like 1

I'm not judging your girlfriend, more questioning why someone from a decent family would get such a cheap tattoo in such an obvious location, and why she dresses the way she does. What does her family think about it? What do you really think about it? Would you prefer she didn't have it?

My wife is from a decent family and there is absolutely no way she would ever get a tattoo, or her family would allow it.

Uhhh...maybe she wanted to get the tattoo. Maybe she dresses the way she does because she wants to.

It's like banging your head against a brick wall with some of you people. There are some people here that think nothing has changed in Thailand in 100 years.

"...you people"?

nice attempt at the race card, should make things interesting.

btw im jewish

If you want to see BG's with tattoos, just check out Home Pro C.M. or Central mall in Phuket, where you will see older farangs shopping with their ex-BG wives from Issan, some covered in tattoos. They are easy to spot.

Tesco is also a good place to watch this. Their husbands doesn't seem to care, despite their outfit. sad.png

So what do we do?

Well, as you asked, I would get her to wear long or knee length trousers in future.

Hide all photos of her in shorts and never mention that tattoo to anyone ever again.

Alternatively

Get it lasered off ASAP, and if anyone asks, tell them she had a m/c accident.

But what do I know!

Edited by TommoPhysicist

"...you people"?

nice attempt at the race card, should make things interesting.

btw im jewish

Oh no not the race card! I'm a 1/4 Jewish, 1/4 Danish, 1/2 English have a African feature - my wife is 1/2 chinese, 1/4 Lao, 1/4 Thai and a discreet tatoo feature. This makes are kids look 100% caucasian they even have blue eyes!

So what do we do?

Well, as you asked, I would get her to wear long or knee length trousers in future.

Hide all photos of her in shorts and never mention that tattoo to anyone ever again.

Alternatively

Get it lasered off ASAP, and if anyone asks, tell them she had a m/c accident.

But what do I know!

keep on doing what your doing just have the kindness to keep her off the web.