What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

coolhandjoe

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am no expert but my experience is that under 25 Thais do in fact have a fairly decent level of English.

Where oh where are you meeting these people?

Out of the say 2000 Thais I've met between 15 and 25 over the past few years, maybe twenty can hold a conversation above the stock 20 sentences starting with "where you come from"?

• Like 1

@noob7, cheesy.gif you really are a noob.

Late in life l decided to have a tattoo whistling.gif , told the mrs, she went w00t.gif

'' If you do that then l will have your name tattoo on me''. Sooooooo, got my tattoo, and she has a very small tattoo discretely placed. smile.png

i am no expert but my experience is that under 25 Thais do in fact have a fairly decent level of English.

Out of the say 2000 Thais I've met between 15 and 25 over the past few years, maybe twenty can hold a conversation above the stock 20 sentences starting with "where you come from"?

"Where oh where are you meeting these people?"

I can only assume you were never a Premier account holder with HSBC.

Would it also be safe to assume you have had no dealings with either Aberdeen or ING in Thailand?

Would I also be correct in assuming you have never visited the Sindthorn building on Wireless Rd?

Plenty of well eductaed young Thai professionals with excellent English skills, a friends daughter has just been offered 40k per month to work with Toyota, she is 22 and speaks English and Japanese.

By the time these youngsters progress up the corporate ladder many of them are earning salaries most farang here can only dream of.

We must mix in differing social circles.

• Like 1

I agree with the comments about the language abilities of the so- called "normal girls" but those who say these girls have no tattoo's and never go to bars without their families are talking out of their dry one.

I live in Samut Prakarn and there are plenty of ladies out with their friends, some with tats, all sharing a bottle of whiskey and are easily approachable if if your Thai is good enough...mine sucks though rolleyes.gif

Always so much nonsense written on here when threads about Thai ladies, be they bar girls or not, are started

• Like 1

Would it also be safe to assume you have had no dealings with either Aberdeen or ING in Thailand?

Would I also be correct in assuming you have never visited the Sindthorn building on Wireless Rd?

Plenty of well eductaed young Thai professionals with excellent English skills, a friends daughter has just been offered 40k per month to work with Toyota, she is 22 and speaks English and Japanese.

By the time these youngsters progress up the corporate ladder many of them are earning salaries most farang here can only dream of.

I've met a thousand Thai English teachers and none of them can speak English. Doctors one out of 10. Bankers, 1 out of 100. Bar girls in Pattaya about 80%. Reality check here. To be honest the PM (the elected one) went to school in the US and her English is poor at best.

• Like 2

I agree with the comments about the language abilities of the so- called "normal girls" but those who say these girls have no tattoo's and never go to bars without their families are talking out of their dry one.

I live in Samut Prakarn and there are plenty of ladies out with their friends, some with tats, all sharing a bottle of whiskey and are easily approachable if if your Thai is good enough...mine sucks though rolleyes.gif

Always so much nonsense written on here when threads about Thai ladies, be they bar girls or not, are started

Nobody's saying these girls don't exist, and of course if that the type you like go for it.

For those looking for honest sincere girls that aren't going to ask too much in exchange for the honor of a few years' companionship, I'd recommend avoiding them, just as a practical way to increase the odds.

For the ones I prefer, they have never and will never touch alcohol and the same is true for most of their family, because there's usually a couple raving alkies among the male relatives.

We certainly do; congratulations on your current prosperity, and I hope your acquaintances help you keep it rather than siphoning it away.

But nothing you've posted contradicts anything I've said; please don't try to tell anyone that such people are in any way representative of mainstream Thailand, you're talking about very rarified circles, probably top 1%.

I certainly wouldn't be trying to score with any of these girls myself, just not to my taste even if they'd consider accepting my bald fat old poor ass, which of course they wouldn't.

Nobody's saying these girls don't exist, and of course if that the type you like go for it.

For those looking for honest sincere girls that aren't going to ask too much in exchange for the honor of a few years' companionship, I'd recommend avoiding them, just as a practical way to increase the odds.

For the ones I prefer, they have never and will never touch alcohol and the same is true for most of their family, because there's usually a couple raving alkies among the male relatives.

We certainly do; congratulations on your current prosperity, and I hope your acquaintances help you keep it rather than siphoning it away.

But nothing you've posted contradicts anything I've said; please don't try to tell anyone that such people are in any way representative of mainstream Thailand, you're talking about very rarified circles, probably top 1%.

I certainly wouldn't be trying to score with any of these girls myself, just not to my taste even if they'd consider accepting my bald fat old poor ass, which of course they wouldn't.

No one is that dense to think they represent Thai the average women. The guy is just tooting his horn for anyone who will listen.

No one is that dense to think they represent Thai the average women. The guy is just tooting his horn for anyone who will listen.

Ssst, let him do..............he's an English teacher. Edited by jbrain

It doesn't matter one bit where you met the woman you love. Even if you first met her by pointing her out to a mamasan in some bar...you can find the real thing anywhere.

When people make ignorant judgments based on the woman's profession, in this case, when that profession is the oldest in the world, it carries the assumption that the opposite is true -- if she is in a great job and well educated, she will be an amazing wife and partner. We all know that's not always true.

What it all boils down to is you. If you marry a woman because you truly connect, communicate well, treat each other with respect and all those other romance-novel criteria, then you'll probably do OK. If, on the other hand, you marry her because she's a good cook, a spinner, looks good on your arm or any of the penthouse forum criteria, then you might be heading down a rocky path.

• Like 1

mostly 20-30 yo uni educated Thais in Bangkok.

@noob7, cheesy.gif you really are a noob.

Late in life l decided to have a tattoo whistling.gif , told the mrs, she went w00t.gif

'' If you do that then l will have your name tattoo on me''. Sooooooo, got my tattoo, and she has a very small tattoo discretely placed. smile.png

Name tattoo? Even discreet, bad choice! Is saying more about the Mrs., as it should, methinks!

Do you know, how many young beginners in the bar girl business, the girls with the idea/dream, that the first long term customer becomes the husband, are going for this name-tattoo? Do you know, how difficult it is, to change 'Peter' or 'Michael' into a flower, or a Butterfly (another bad choice, but better as a name, anyway), so that there still is a chance, later, to find a "my wife worked only cashier in a bar" husband?

Neither I have problems with Farangs, married to a Thai lady, nor I have problems with Thai ladies with tattoos.

But we have to look at one simple fact:

In Thailand, tattoos are a male thing. And even there, the acceptance is as lower, as higher the social status is.

A lady with a visible Tattoo is for almost all Thais a prostitute. She has to be, because a 'good' girl isn't doing this.

Ask you Mrs., if she has shown her Tattoo to her mother and grandmother!

if not, ask her why. If she did, what was mum saying?

Our influence is not the best. You can see, better hear that every day. Not only bargirls getting rude, talking to others. In english and thai, as soon, they are longer together with Farangs. The difference, you can hear, as soon they talk to Mama, Papa, .....!

Thailand need another 50 years, to let tattoos become a accepted (more or less) 'gem' on ladies. the 'superstars' will do their best, to force it. But still, a Dragon on the back, how nice it may look, will show others only, what they wanna see in that. In special, if the girl is very pretty, and speaks lao-thai.

Edited by noob7

Ssst, let him do..............he's an English teacher.

You are so far off the mark, never have been and never will be a TEFLr.

There is at least one teacher on here and it aint me.

I was talking about the poster who replied to your post.

so my wife speaks english, do people learn to read and write english in bars as well.

dont often see bar girls walking around wth pens.

her father and brothers speak english to, and write, perhaps they are barman.

wake up people, bg have limited terrible english, thats why they work in bars because they are uneducated.

I think they learn to write English on cell phones and you do see every bar girl walking around with a cell phone. They sleep with cell phones and even .... with the cell phones on. Actually there are best selling books written just for bar girls about English and other languages.

Yes, I have heard that there are bargirls who will sleep with anything if the price is right.

Ssst, let him do..............he's an English teacher.

You are so far off the mark, never have been and never will be a TEFLr.

There is at least one teacher on here and it aint me.

I was talking about the poster who replied to your post.

Ok no problemo.

I can understand where the bitterness jealousy and resentment comes from, you have just explained it.

We dont all live in some one buffalo town in the middle of nowhere.

My experiences come from living in Bkk and Chan.

so my wife speaks english, do people learn to read and write english in bars as well.

wake up people, bg have limited terrible english, thats why they work in bars because they are uneducated.

I think they learn to write English on cell phones and you do see every bar girl walking around with a cell phone. They sleep with cell phones and even .... with the cell phones on. Actually there are best selling books written just for bar girls about English and other languages.

Yes, I have heard that there are bargirls who will sleep with anything if the price is right.

Aint that the truth, go visit the chamber of horrors thats the Nana Plaza, full of the shakers and movers of Bangkoks creme de la creme.

Aint that the truth, go visit the chamber of horrors thats the Nana Plaza, full of the shakers and movers of Bangkoks creme de la creme.

If you say so.smile.png Some things and some people just ring true, ya know. I believe you.

Lots of superficiality in Thailand. Do what you think makes you happy and never regret it as I'm sure superficial people can't advise any better.

Lots of superficiality in Thailand. Do what you think makes you happy and never regret it as I'm sure superficial people can't advise any better.

brilliant reply !!! seconded !!!

They learn to read and write English in High-school ..... often quite well.

But none of their teachers can speak a word ..... they learn to speak English when they are employed as sex workers in 'foreigner bars'.

But as for meeting in bars, every girl I have ever had sex with in my life was met in or through a bar.

Wife in UK 25 years plus, met in a bar (spoke good English).

Wife in Thailand 5 years plus, introduced to by her prozzie sister who i met in a bar (wife, not a word of English).

Do I have a problem with girls in bars, not really.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Considering that many western men marry girls that they met in western bars, what's the big deal? Also, it's not the midle ages, so chances are the female will have slept with as many guys as the guy will have slept with females before they got married.

This subject is just so hypocritical.

Thai bargirls, on the whole, are not crack whores that have sex with dozens of men a night.

Thai bargirls who have multiple men a night are not available 4 marriage. The y dont want the pay cut...................lol.

Its no wonder the bargirls that do marry are kinda hard to look at...............lol.

• Like 1

What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

No big deal really, it's just that they, in most cases look more hot or sexy (a requirement for the kind of work they do) than the average girl you meet in the street. And this could be a reason people marry them.

cheesy.gif

i must have all this time gone to wrong bar

everyone girl i see in most case in Pattaya or in bar in BK is the most very ugliest i ever seen in my life, i then say to myself ,must go look on street in suburb to see any good looking normal girl clap2.gif

Most Bar girls are not very good looking,but what they are is easily available. If you want a really good looking Thai girl, you've a far better chance of meeting one shopping in tesco or working in some shop or office.The problem you then encounter is if you can't speak Thai,how do you break the ice, and if you can communicate in Thai will she be happy with a cold introduction, just the same as in the west.

funny how most of those elderly guys who marry Thai girls NEVER marry a prostitute, always a "cashier" or some other occupation involving a bar.

Glad to see you've used the word MOST,but this is the same for the younger chaps, most of those also finish up marrying Pros, may not have been B/G's. May have been freelancers or

Girls who had occasionally in the past, gone out to earn a little extra. I personally know of

At least two girls who now have a farang husband/boyfriend, who have no idea what they used to get up to.