Laptop Won't Connect To Lcd Tv

Smithson

My laptop is running Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm unable to connect it to my LCD TV. The laptop connects to a second monitor with out problems. I've tried playing with the resolution, no luck.

When I start the laptop, there is nothing displays on the TV, only the message "unsupported". The TV is a TCL brand, I've been able to connect other computers to in.

Any ideas? Thanks!

What cable are you using to connect between laptop and TV? VGA / HDMI ....?

It is the standard cable used to connect monitors and coms, think it's the VGA. Have connected several desktop to this tv without too much drama.

What is the Brand & Model number of the Laptop & TV?

Laptop is an acer E1 531, TV is TCL 32" (no model number).

Thanks!

Did you try <Fn> + <F5>

Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both

(Sometimes on some laptops there is a slight delay (quite noticeable) - so you must wait after pressing the keys each time to see the response)

Did you try <Fn> + <F5>

Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both

(Sometimes on some laptops there is a slight delay (quite noticeable) - so you must wait after pressing the keys each time to see the response)

I haven't done this exactly, but in the control panel there is an option to switch displays between monitors, which I've tried several times.

Did you try <Fn> + <F5>

I haven't done this exactly, but in the control panel there is an option to switch displays between monitors, which I've tried several times.

Give this a try. It will not do any harm. It just toggles the display > Laptop > Laptop + External > External > Laptop.

On HP this must be done. And in your manual too it says so > http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?modelId=4097

I had a netbook Fujitsu and connected this device from the vga with 3.5mm cable for sound to this device I purchased at Macro shop in Pantip, USed with netbooks or notebooks etc to connect to

Flat panel tv's works excellent few months purchased and sold my netbook and now selling this converter, watch your computer on the big screen tv, makes a big difference with all cables

HDMI cable VGA cable sound 3.5mm cable

I connected it to the hdmi of my Samsung 55 inch, the netbook had win 7 home premium.

if interested you can find on CR List Thailand for a fifth the price. or contact me if that is alright on this site? I don't need it I have my mac mini connected directly to the hdmi splitter to both of my room TV's. Here are the pics I have.

VGA TO HDMI ADAPTOR converter/box/vga cable/hdmi cable/receipt warranty, post-77994-0-85357500-1351268898_thumb.jpost-77994-0-33896100-1351268914_thumb.jpost-77994-0-36129800-1351268929_thumb.jpost-77994-0-66131600-1351268968_thumb.jpost-77994-0-09076600-1351268983_thumb.j

Did you try <Fn> + <F5>

I think the problem basic and about the resolution. Perhaps pre-set in windows. When you output resolution is too big for your TV or PC to handle you will get the ' no input' message even when you properly attached your cables and turned on the right buttons.

Good luck