Thai Man Nabbed With 16 Tiger Cubs In Truck

webfact

More deserved bad publicity for Thailand unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

I would disagree, everybody who cares already knows about this problem in SE Asia, arrests means Thailand is tackling the problem.

Nobody took money to look the other way. clap2.gif

No. but they will be onsold by those doing the arresting no doubt.

A point that nobody seems to be asking is where did the 16 tiger cubs come from in the first place. For such an endangered species, that is a lot of cubs! The OP suggests it is unlikely that they came from the wild, so who is successfully breeding them?

What also appears strange is the fact that the animals were picked up in Bkk unless they are being bred there or have arrived from overseas. It would seem a strange route to smuggle into Bkk overland just to ship them out again, doubling the chances of getting stopped.

Find the source, you'll learn the destination............thumbsup.gif

Just Sayin'

• Like 1

A point that nobody seems to be asking is where did the 16 tiger cubs come from in the first place. For such an endangered species, that is a lot of cubs! The OP suggests it is unlikely that they came from the wild, so who is successfully breeding them?

What also appears strange is the fact that the animals were picked up in Bkk unless they are being bred there or have arrived from overseas. It would seem a strange route to smuggle into Bkk overland just to ship them out again, doubling the chances of getting stopped.

Just Sayin'

One way would be to DNA test the cubs, the results probably would point to how closely they are related, I am assuming they are 3-4 litters.

There should be a international DNA database of all captive tigers, also obtaining DNA of wild tigers could in future help to identify if tigers (or products of tigers) were bread in captivity or the likely area they were pouched.

• Like 2

The battle is being lost as regards preserving our wildlife and natural enviroments. This is a worldwide problem, not only pertaining to Thailand.

Unless something positive is done in protecting and preserving nature, with real resources and enforcements, than for the next generations there will be virtually nothing left.

That`s the reality.

A serious problem in this country. Alack of respect for just about anything and anybody. It starts in the family and schools and will take generations to chnage this kind of cultural attitude. mad.gifmad.gif

and with the Police not willing/able to enforce the law...

Edited by Nickymaster

Death penalty for animal smuggeling!

Yeah right...you totally lost every perspective!

This is not just animal smuggling, these are sacred ENDANGERED Species!

Just imagine someone kidnapping your children and all your relatives kids and selling them

to be tortured death and simmered slowly being cooked alive to create a more delicious taste,

I think that you would see REVENGE as the only perspective. Selfish Human....

• Like 2

Death penalty for animal smuggeling!

Yeah right...you totally lost every perspective!

This is not just animal smuggling, these are sacred ENDANGERED Species!

Just imagine someone kidnapping your children and all your relatives kids and selling them

to be tortured death and simmered slowly being cooked alive to create a more delicious taste,

I think that you would see REVENGE as the only perspective. Selfish Human....

How is your tesco- handwashing- girlfriend doing?

The OP suggests it is unlikely that they came from the wild, so who is successfully breeding them?

<snip>

What also appears strange is the fact that the animals were picked up in Bkk

The Tiger Temple in Kan ??????? as they breed tigers there.sad.png

Not saying that they came from there, but it is close to BKK. whistling.gif

Just thinking out load folks coffee1.gif

Win

Edited by Kan Win

• 4 months later...

Interesting timing a bust of this size. Just as the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora {CITES} sits in Bangkok for the next 8 days. It may come up for discussion me thinks.

Interesting timing a bust of this size. Just as the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora {CITES} sits in Bangkok for the next 8 days. It may come up for discussion me thinks.

The arrest happened last October, old news.

No offence and all that, but I thought we only promised to do something with the ivory trade, look into shark fin (soup) and the fish from which we make wallets.

What this with close attention to nice, cuddly animals? Next someone will complain about our dogs having too much freedom walking around.

Just Sayin'

First place I would look for the origin of the cubs would be the Sriracha Tiger Zoo. That is a LOT of cubs, way beyond what any guy could raise in his backyard....They were caught with their hand in the cookie jar a couple of years ago selling a lot of tigers to China, so clearly they know the process. I suspect a classic Thai police rubber truncheon interview with the driver would quickly reveal where they came from..... :-)

"He said he only talked to them on the telephone not in person," Lieutenant Colonel Kusol Pongbunchan, chief investigator of the local district police told AFP.

Someone left the tigers next to a bin for him to pick up? Who exactly was he bringing the tigers to, and how was he going to collect his money?

I once watched a copper put a boot into the face of a drug dealer he caught. Shut the dealer right up. There are ways to make him talk.... Thailand is no stranger to them....