Dating Women In Chiang Mai Is Not That Hard.....

LawrenceChee

Dating women in Chiang Mai might be easy, but it's not easy for a farang woman to find the right guy. There's too much competition.

Rene, as farang women we are in a different category, so there isnt much competition. The problem lies instead with not as much decent material for US to chose from...

Dating women in Chiang Mai might be easy, but it's not easy for a farang woman to find the right guy. There's too much competition.

That's a fallacy. We all have our charms—for the right person. We just have to accentuate the positives. Besides, look at it this way: if you are a redhead, do you really want to date a guy who has a fetish for blonds?

T

How can a Western woman compete within a culture where the women treat their men like Kings in exchange for security for extended family? A 60 year old man being waited upon hand and foot by a 25 year old woman with little or no demands other than supporting the extended family? It's a 'contract,' with roles that need to be fulfilled by both sides to maintain that contract. (Obviously this is not something that covers EVERY relationship between Thai women and Farang men! Please don't assume I meant it to be so. It's just a generalization.)

Western cultural values and expectations are very different. Western women expect more from their men than just security. And Western culture values those 'other' expectations more than Thai culture. They spawned the concept of 'Jewish American Princess' as well as 'Prince Charming.' Interesting stereotypes, but the reality is that if Prince Charming really loved Cinderella, he wouldn't have had to check every other woman's foot to know who she was...

• Like 1

How can a Western woman compete within a culture where the women treat their men like Kings in exchange for security for extended family? A 60 year old man being waited upon hand and foot by a 25 year old woman with little or no demands other than supporting the extended family? It's a 'contract,' with roles that need to be fulfilled by both sides to maintain that contract. (Obviously this is not something that covers EVERY relationship between Thai women and Farang men! Please don't assume I meant it to be so. It's just a generalization.)

Western cultural values and expectations are very different. Western women expect more from their men than just security. And Western culture values those 'other' expectations more than Thai culture. They spawned the concept of 'Jewish American Princess' as well as 'Prince Charming.' Interesting stereotypes, but the reality is that if Prince Charming really loved Cinderella, he wouldn't have had to check every other woman's foot to know who she was...

Little known fact:

In the Kingdom of Far, Far Away, as a result of journalists' request under The Freedom of Imaginary Information Act, it has been revealed that Prince Charming had a foot fetish. He was well aware of Cinderella's identity and whereabouts but pretended otherwise so he could spend years fondling every young female foot in the kingdom. Well, every left foot anyway, though when he came across a particularly delectable pair, he'd try the slipper on both—saying with a slobbery, lecherous grin, "Just to be sure." When he and Cinderella finally married, it was, for the Prince, an anti climax.

T

• Like 2

Cinderella could have been a little more assertive / pro-active herself. And then, staying with her evil step-mom when she could have gone off to Pattaya and make decent money.

Not my kind of girl.

As for how Western women compete, they tend to have other assets that are very interesting to the right guy.

Rene, as farang women we are in a different category, so there isnt much competition. The problem lies instead with not as much decent material for US to chose from...

dont take the bait. rene123 is an old bald-headed man masquerading as a woman.

women treat their men like kings here? where did you read that? lol, maybe 25 years ago.

How can a Western woman compete within a culture where the women treat their men like Kings in exchange for security for extended family? A 60 year old man being waited upon hand and foot by a 25 year old woman with little or no demands other than supporting the extended family?

women treat their men like kings here? where did you read that? lol, maybe 25 years ago.

Yes, I was already wondering if my wife missed a memo or something.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

How can a Western woman compete within a culture where the women treat their men like Kings in exchange for security for extended family?

We dont.

Because we dont want to.

We dont want to treat 60 year old men like kings at age 25 in exchange for security for the extended family.

We want closer matched relationships, where the basis is mutual respect and care.

The guys that are looking for that arent actually in our radar, so there is in fact no competition...the Thai girls are welcome to them. whistling.gif

• Like 1

How can a Western woman compete within a culture where the women treat their men like Kings in exchange for security for extended family?

We dont.

Because we dont want to.

We dont want to treat 60 year old men like kings at age 25 in exchange for security for the extended family.

We want closer matched relationships, where the basis is mutual respect and care.

The guys that are looking for that arent actually in our radar, so there is in fact no competition...the Thai girls are welcome to them. whistling.gif

Is this the time when someone usually says 'go home'.

(or alternatively, "enjoy being single")

An elderly Australian once said to me, "If you are offered a tray with a fresh crisp apple and a dried up wrinkled apple on it, which apple would you take?"

Unfortunately in CM that tray would contain 100 fresh apples for every old apple.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

yes, and of course we young fresh apples dont enjoy eating dried up wrinkled apples.
Many Thai ladies due to circumstances dont have much of an option tho, and have to take the wrinkled.
Of course, when you have a life partner that you care about, and you both grow into wrinkled old apples together, then hopefully you respect each other enough to preserve each other.

• Like 2

........SNIP......

Without an advanced degree in Sociology, I'd venture to guess that most men want that very same thing. I'd venture to guess that many of the older ex-pats in Thailand WERE married before moving to Asia, and didn't find relationships there where the basis was mutual respect and care.

Being unable to find it in the West, they came east and opted for the next best thing. But I'm just guessing.

yes, and of course we young fresh apples dont enjoy eating dried up wrinkled apples.

Many Thai ladies due to circumstances dont have much of an option tho, and have to take the wrinkled.

Of course, when you have a life partner that you care about, and you both grow into wrinkled old apples together, then hopefully you respect each other enough to preserve each other.

I'm fairly sure people many men still want the fresh apple (life partner or not).

About a week ago, my wife pissed me up so much that I drove mysef up to Chiang Rai. I turned off my phone for a day and night. During that interim, I met a middle-age woman who works in her coursin's hotel. We went out for lunch at the Boon Rawd Farm and a nice restaurant by the river. She's someone nice to talk with and makes heads turn when we go out. For a few days now, we exchange SMS for she wants to do some business apart from her boring job. For me, I'm a soft-heart. My wife could never bear me knowing another woman even on business. I'm at a dilemma if I should continue communicating with her behind my wife's back. She actually just went up to CR from CM 5 months ago and her parents own a 5 rai farm plot in San Patong where they live happily.

No: don't continue communicating with her behind your wife's back. Do it in the open! Will also send a message, and she gets to work through any jealousy issues. Win-win.

Next time though, drive or fly the other way. You're much less likely to fall in love in Pattaya. It's like when getting bored with Thai food; don't visit a fancy restaurant with nice wine, visit McDonald's and get burger & shake. Serves the same purpose, but much easier to go back.

Winnie, you clearly are a man in control, but do be careful comes next year which will be your second cycle of the 7-Year Itch. Don't fall in love with a stranger (Kenny Roger) particularly with girls in Pattaya.

I don't think I know how to fall in love again ever since I married my first ever girl friend when we were adolescents. Several cycles of this 7-Year Itch have passed and she's still my only wife.

I think I'll let our communication fade out. Who knows that she may even begin to like me while I definitely cannot make any commitments. It's not fair for her.

• Like 1

I'm fairly sure people many men still want the fresh apple (life partner or not).

Im sure older married ladies arent immune to the effects of a succulent fresh young apple themselves. The point is whether your respect your partner enough to just enjoy the view and not go take a bite.

Im sure older married ladies arent immune to the effects of a succulent fresh young apple themselves. The point is whether your respect your partner enough to just enjoy the view and not go take a bite.

Many men have poor will power.

When surrounded by beer, the temptation to have 'just one more' can become overwhelming.

If I were married to a crone, I would be perfectly happy (if not grateful) for her to buy the attentions of a younger man, hopefully using her money.

Thailand is the country of ultimate sexual freedom, do whatever with whoever you can afford, and good luck to all who sail in her.

The problem I see with most older married couples, is she no longer has any sexual drive, while he still does.

If you truly loved your partner, would you really be so keen to stop him participating in something he enjoys, that doesn't harm you?

Happily, I no longer have the desire to participate in all that nonsense.

I have friends, mainly male with a few female ones, and no desire to have sex or sleepovers with any of them.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

• 5 years later...

I would have to agree with you, OP and well said too.  It’s very easy. The women up here are amazing in many ways and are very open minded.  I’ve never had an easier time meeting such easy going, professional working women who are gentle in every way imaginable, especially the wallet.  Best of luck finding your ‘one’.

Anyone have much luck on the vast number of dating sites out there , im tired of bars this years due to sickness would be still nice to hook up with some chicks though and not have to sit in a bar all night , heard of a few but lots of bad reports   thx in advance

Edited by Sacott BKK

Anyone have much luck on the vast number of dating sites out there , im tired of bars this years due to sickness would be still nice to hook up with some chicks though and not have to sit in a bar all night , heard of a few but lots of bad reports   thx in advance

Forget the vast number. Thai friendly is the probably the stand out but more hookers on there than all of walking St, beach Rd and soi 6.
  • Like 1

seems like everyone missed it....this guy bragged about being with many women, not getting too attached, not getting scammed, seemed to know what games they play at bars, and acts like a nice guy because he knows he will dump them and move on......and then rambles about not getting mad as much.

use your head....this is typical insecure behavior and who would want such a lonely life?  oh yea, guys in Thailand.  

7 hours ago, madmen said:
7 hours ago, Sacott BKK said:
Anyone have much luck on the vast number of dating sites out there , im tired of bars this years due to sickness and work , would be still nice to hook up with some chicks though and not have to sit in a bar all night , heard of a few but lots of bad reports   thx in advance

Forget the vast number. Thai friendly is the probably the stand out but more hookers on there than all of walking St, beach Rd and soi 6.

Ha Ha thats alot of hookers -