Russian Restaurant In Bangkok?

Om85

Here you go.

http://en.wikipedia...._Russian_dishes

Too obvious?

I'd say start with some kind of pelmeni and borscht and go from there.

Anyway, I like it but I can live without it. It ain't spicy but both my grannies cooked it. coffee1.gif

In Pattaya, I like that you can get "related" cuisines such as Uzbek, Armenian, and Georgian (no, not the grits Georgia).

Edited by Jingthing

About the only Russian food I would ever eat is pelmeni, and that was only because it was the only thing my then Russian gf could cook (boil water, throw in the pelmeni and whatever spices are handy, sprinkle liberally with pepper and dip in chili sauce).

I should also say that this was whilst I was actually in Russia. I can't contemplate eating Russian food anywhere else in the world (or even in Russia, come to think of it).

Is surprising the lack of culture of the people in this forum, russian food is very delicious , and very different from one region to the other, have you ever heard of caviar, shashliks, borshch,kvass, lapsha,pirozhki,blini? is very good, and if you like spicy food just add the spices that you prefer and stop writing BS on Thai Visa thumbsup.gif

Caviar - check. Shashlik - check. Borscht - check. Kvass - check (some sitting in my fridge just now!!). Pirozhki - check. Blini - check...

My wife (Siberian) is a fantastic cook, but does her polmeni different to the boiling.. Pan fried with butter, served with sour cream.. delish!!!

• Like 1

Is surprising the lack of culture of the people in this forum, russian food is very delicious , and very different from one region to the other, have you ever heard of caviar, shashliks, borshch,kvass, lapsha,pirozhki,blini? is very good, and if you like spicy food just add the spices that you prefer and stop writing BS on Thai Visa thumbsup.gif

I thought tastes and opinions were allowed to differ on this forum.

Russian by any chance?

Not really a "Russian restaurant" but has a few Russian dishes, borsh, pelmeni, salat olivie, mors, herrings...The Red Pinn, in Bangrak - http://www.redpinn.com/ . From the website "International selection of soups, stews, steaks, fry-ups and other main courses as well as Tapas - from the original Spanish Tapas to small dishes from different parts of the world with a glimpse of North European touch - Marinated Herring, Cured and Smoked Salmon, Meatballs..." The food in general is good and the owner speaks Russian

• 4 months later...

How Russia can have a recommended kitchen. They have lived on water and bread for as long as I can remember.

And still do! Everyone wears ''shapka-ushanka'', drink vodka from the bottle and everyone is stupid, of course! And there is bears in the street ALSO!

What can you tell us about your history?

• Like 2

Personally, I find Russian food lacking on the whole. I do like pelmeni, solyanka, kotlety, winter salad, and blini, and their wild mushrooms are great, but most of the "Russian" food I like, such as plov and shashlyk are not Russian but rather from Asian USSR.

I think my favorite pelmeni is from the Urals, where they are stuffed with mushrooms and onions, not meat.

I do like beef stroganov, but that is not really a dish found in Russia often, and most Russians don't know what it is.

I find Georgian food extremely delicious for my tastes.

• Like 1

This thread got me missing some of my old dishes, so I made plov tonight. I wanted to make winter salad as well, but didn't have all the ingredients, so it was gazpacho instead (yes, a weird pairing, but they went well together.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bamboo restaurant serves Russian food after 8 PM. Sukhumvit soi 3 opposite Grace Hotel

Yep, and it's not bad. Actually the Grace itself used to serve Russian/Uzbek <deleted> in the coffee shop (having a Central Asian clientele parked there in numbers arranging, ahem, transactions) but I am not sure anymore. Haven't been there in ages.