German Tourist Attacks Local Journalist

britmaveric

Local journalist attacked by drunken German Tourist in North Pattaya.

A fascinating case now from Soi 2 in North Pattaya, a popular area for foreigners who enjoy the many beer bars which can be found there. Police arrived to find a heavily intoxicated man, identified as Mr. Jens Willy Lemnitz aged 51 from Germany, lying on the side of the road. The original call made to police indicated the man had failed to pay for food and drink at the Doy Beer Bar.

A group of journalists accompanied the Police and as they were recording the incident Mr. Lemnitz suddenly stood up and walked towards a journalist working for the Pattaya People organization and punched him in the face. He retaliated with a kick to the face of Mr. Lemnitz. Eventually Police managed to place Mr. Lemnitz on the back of a rescue truck and he was taken to Pattaya Police Station where he faces charges relating to a variety of public order offences and assault on the journalist.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 6th February 2006

A fascinating case now from Soi 2 in North Pattaya, a popular area for foreigners who enjoy the many beer bars which can be found there. Police arrived to find a heavily intoxicated man, identified as Mr. Jens Willy Lemnitz aged 51 from Germany, lying on the side of the road. The original call made to police indicated the man had failed to pay for food and drink at the Doy Beer Bar.

A group of journalists accompanied the Police and as they were recording the incident Mr. Lemnitz suddenly stood up and walked towards a journalist working for the Pattaya People organization and punched him in the face. He retaliated with a kick to the face of Mr. Lemnitz. Eventually Police managed to place Mr. Lemnitz on the back of a rescue truck and he was taken to Pattaya Police Station where he faces charges relating to a variety of public order offences and assault on the journalist.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 6th February 2006

taking the heat of the Brit lager louts for a few days......... :o:D

-Pattaya City News

Monday 6th February 2006

Bout time..... :D

-Pattaya City News

Monday 6th February 2006

I agree with the assault on the journalist, in the end, what was so spectacular about a drunk german? Was it really that interesting to know what happened. It's easy, he got drunk and obviously stupid and failed to pay his bill. The journalist was just there to immortalize the glorious moments of the police in it's effort to pick up a smacked down drunk man, is all this show worth a journal event???

Edited by alexth

I knew it!!!

He and Elvis rent a condo in Pattaya....

Could shave his mustache to Hitler style? :D

... :D

hspotted2mi.gif

:o

1966, did I miss one worldwar started by the germans?

what was 1966???

1918, 1945, 1966 and now 2006. :D

Ho hum, will they ever learn? :D

1966?

Noel mixed something up. He refers to a footballgame were England won the Worldcup over Germany with the help from a russian referee.

Looks like they can't win anything without foreign help... :D:D:D

:o:D:D

1966?

Noel mixed something up. He refers to a footballgame were England won the Worldcup over Germany with the help from a russian referee.

Looks like they can't win anything without foreign help... :o:D:D

The referee was infact Swiss.

It was the Russian Linesman who had particularly very good eyesight and saw that the ball which had bounced off the bar went over the line for a genuine goal....and then Hurst blasted the ball into the net to make it a convincing win.. England 4 West Germany 2 :D:D:D

"1918, 1945, 1966 and now 2006.

Ho hum, will they ever learn?"

Glad you mentioned the football game, because I couldn't remember the frogs surrendering in 1966 either (but they probably did SOMEWHERE..).

---------------------------

A drunk falang asleep in the street is hardly news, but when the news people show-up at the scene you don't really know what took place yet. It was assumed to be news since they got the call about someone refusing to pay and draw a straight line to a falang laying in the street? Might be some news there, so take the pics first and figure out the story as it goes along. It becomes news after the assault.

~WISteve

This is still bull**it, I don't see any news in a farang lying down drunk on the street. I can't realize how could somebody wake up in the night, just to take a picture with a drunk person...

I would really like to take that journalist for a drink sometimes and show him what could happen after a few drinks...I saw people doing even more crazier things after a few drinks

Almost forgot, I have a message for that journalist:

GET YOURSELF A JOB...A REAL ONE!!!

This is still bull**it, I don't see any news in a farang lying down drunk on the street. I can't realize how could somebody wake up in the night, just to take a picture with a drunk person...

I would really like to take that journalist for a drink sometimes and show him what could happen after a few drinks...I saw people doing even more crazier things after a few drinks

waiingjapoh3rc.gif

waiingjapoh3rc.gif

Dutch, are you a journalist? Speak if you have something to say, it's a free forum

1966?

Looks like they can't win anything without foreign help... :o:D:D

The referee was infact Swiss.

It was the Russian Linesman who had particularly very good eyesight and saw that the ball which had bounced off the bar went over the line for a genuine goal....and then Hurst blasted the ball into the net to make it a convincing win.. England 4 West Germany 2 :D:D:D

And btw, both officials arrived on time... :D

but it is still not "normal" german behaviour to sleep in the streets and beat journalists.....

It would'nt of been news until the guy hit the journalist would it?

The journalists here sometimes go around with police late at night, its how they get their stories. :o

GET YOURSELF A JOB...A REAL ONE

Where? in a bar? taxi motobike driver?

He has a real job. :D

-Pattaya City News

Monday 6th February 2006

These sad Oz blokes still have a huge chip on their shoulder.

They've never forgiven us for getting rid of all the undesirable elements from the UK and shipping them off 10000 miles away.

Add to that the fact that we've been giving them rugby lessons and cricket lessons and you almost feel sorry for the poor sods!

Just to add to the number of Krauts getting defensive in this thread:

England lost to Germany in 1970, 1982 and 1990, not to mention the many occasions they didn't even qualify to play in the world cup. :D

I still remember the night in 1990, I stayed in South London and didn't dare to go out. German cars in the street were vandalised, people threatened and beaten up. Brit hooligans undoubtedly RULE! :o

Anyway, no sympathies for Mr. Lemnitz from me, btw the name indicates he's a Polish immigrant. :D :D

Edited by zzap

England lost to Germany in 1970, 1982 and 1990, not to mention the many occasions they didn't even qualify to play in the world cup. :D

I still remember the night in 1990, I stayed in South London and didn't dare to go out. German cars in the street were vandalised, people threatened and beaten up. Brit hooligans undoubtedly RULE! :o

Anyway, no sympathies for Mr. Lemnitz from me, btw the name indicates he's a Polish immigrant. :D :D

Nice collection,

but the last thing what I can remember was a 5:1... :D 5 for the wrong... :D:D

Anyway, no sympathies for Mr. Lemnitz from me, btw the name indicates he's a Polish immigrant. :D:burp:

Nice collection,

but the last thing what I can remember was a 5:1... :D 5 for the wrong... :D:D

Yes you are right it was the 2002 world cup qualifier played in late 2001.

Germany 1 England 5......now that`s what I call another thrashing :D:D:D