Which 55" Tv For 50.000 Bath

guzzi850m2

Yes I know this have been discussed in many topics before but here we go (again).

I want a 55" TV for my living room in my house, my 36" Sony Bravia HD is still doing fine after about 5 years use (never broke down) but the time have come to upgrade. The Sony will go upstairs in one of the bedrooms.

Now HD channels have started on True and I find it awesome on my Sony, but it's too small. I have checked the best viewing distances on Goggle and I think 55" will be best for my set-up in the living room.

I don't want to spend more than max 50K bath and I want full HD, wi-fi, usb conn (hard drive with HD movies). 3D is not so important, still need the dam_n 3d glasses.

I have set my sights on Samsung's series 6 55" (6250 I think its called, new model) and it got all above features and cost exactly 50K bath.

I was also recommended Sony's HX750 series also 55", also all above features, price also 50K bath.

Both are LEDs, I have ruled out Plasmas, best in dark rooms, high power cons., heat and so on.

My plan is to bring one of my hard drives to the shop (Numchai, Pattaya) and watch 10 min from a HD movie on each TV and then take it from there.

Any thoughts and inputs most welcome and which TV would you buy if you had 50K bath to spend?

Why do you want wi-fi?

All the Samsung (and LG) internet features are a disaster that any PC (and most media players) can do better.

Sony are way behind the times, nothing exceptional from them at the moment.

In the end I went for the full HD Samsung 50" plasma for 26k.

My living room is very light, plasma is fine.

• Like 2

I would go for the Samsung series 7 myself.

I recently looked at a lot of brands and preferred Samsung and Panasonic.

In the end I opted for a Samsung because I got a killer deal on one.

Now that you have mentioned Samsung, I'd expect our resident Samsung

hater TongueThaied to come along and bag then againbiggrin.png

I also agree with TommoPhysicist, I think Sony have dropped the ball at the moment

with TV's and have been left behind.

Go with the Samsung, you won't be disappointed.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Thanks guys,

Now people are mention Plasma TVs again and there was an earlier topic about TVs as well and several posters also recommended Plasma TVs in that one, sooo.

They sell a top of the range 51" Samsung plasma for about 35k bath I think but maybe the one Tommo in post no3 bought to 26K bath is okay, can you play hard drives from yours without any problems?

Wi-Fi, well maybe not necessary.

Maybe it's better to spend "only" 25K bath for a good HD Plasma now as they start to sell Ultra HD TV's and 3D is too coming where you don't need the glasses then I can always upgrade 3 year down the road without watering my eyes too much.

They sell a top of the range 51" Samsung plasma for about 35k bath I think but maybe the one Tommo in post no3 bought to 26K bath is okay, can you play hard drives from yours without any problems?

Yes, but I don't use it as I have a WD Live Hub 1TB media player connected.

Two things I don't like about it, no headphone socket, only two HDMI inputs.

Apart from that it's great, I use it as my PC monitor too.

http://www.samsung.c.../PN51D530A3FXZA

(PS Specs on Samsung site wrong, only 2 HDMI inputs NOT 3)

Movies

Works fine with x264 MP4 stuff.

Works with my 16GB pen drive.

Works with my 2TB Buffalo hard drive.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Okay I just got my 51" HD Samsung Plasma TV (no 3d, but who cares), total damage was 24990 incl set-up in my house.

Oh man what a picture when playing a Blueray movie on the ext. hard drive and True HD is also very good.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys, I don't need the 3D before its properly developed (no glasses) and Wi-fi also not necessary at this stage.

I am now busy downloading blueray movies but they are very big files, app 10GB pr movie.

Thanks guys,

Now people are mention Plasma TVs again and there was an earlier topic about TVs as well and several posters also recommended Plasma TVs in that one, sooo.

Wi-Fi, well maybe not necessary.

Maybe it's better to spend "only" 25K bath for a good HD Plasma now as they start to sell Ultra HD TV's and 3D is too coming where you don't need the glasses then I can always upgrade 3 year down the road without watering my eyes too much.

I bought a few months ago 2 x LG 50" plasma Full Hd 3D.

1 smart tv ( with network ) for 27.500

1 without the network for 24.000

Both can play almost every file you throw at them through usb and the smart tv straight from your computer over the network.

Make a daytrip to bangkok and visit central world,paragon and panthip and you will be surprised what deals there are available at prices 25 % below Numchai's prices.

• Like 1

Why do you want wi-fi?

All the Samsung (and LG) internet features are a disaster that any PC (and most media players) can do better.

Sony are way behind the times, nothing exceptional from them at the moment.

In the end I went for the full HD Samsung 50" plasma for 26k.

My living room is very light, plasma is fine.

hmmm..when we bought our 37"? LG plasma about 6 years ago ( 19kbt) it seemed to have the best pic available from any angle or lighting.......

....has had some power up problems and is now retaining ghosts and getting permanent snow ghosting around the edges ... hardly effects my viewing pleasure though..none of the setup maintenance works so have been looking around...

.... last week saw a 51in Samsung ? plasma in Tesco for 19k bt.....probably buy one....

...since I only have one good ear ( which does not understand Thai) and poor eyesight, HD and super sound is of little value...

..was also wondering if I would get neck ache from taking in the whole pic from 1.5 metres...wife said "build a bigger house" smile.png

.... last week saw a 51in Samsung ? plasma in Tesco for 19k bt.....probably buy one....

FYI, that was a 430 (Series 4) so a 720p set and not "Full HD".

Obviously if you don not have any HD content then maybe this will be sufficient. I'd suggest you sped some time viewing it before purchase.

edited to add: Tesco has another series 4 on sale this week

http://www.tescolotus.com/showpromotion.php?lang=en&id=770&photoid=5333

post-9615-0-73341600-1351748023_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

Obviously if you don not have any HD content then maybe this will be sufficient. I'd suggest you sped some time viewing it before purchase.

http://www.tescolotu...70&photoid=5333

If I was you I would pay the extra 6000 bath and get the full HD, True have HD channels now, how many depends of which packet you have, download Blueray movies from the i-net, blueray player with blueray DvD, it is just awesome, you wont regret it.

Only thing I find slight annoying on my TV is the back glare, are now pulling the curtains behind the sofa when watching TV during daylight and thus eliminated the problem.

If I was you I would pay the extra 6000 bath and get the full HD, True have HD channels now, how many depends of which packet you have, download Blueray movies from the i-net, blueray player with blueray DvD, it is just awesome, you wont regret it.

Only thing I find slight annoying on my TV is the back glare, are now pulling the curtains behind the sofa when watching TV during daylight and thus eliminated the problem.

I would never, ever buy any TV which was not full HD - I have had a 32 and 40 Samsung, both series 5 full HD LCDs for a few years, but am considering the 51" Plasma HD 530 unit, just waiting for a sale. Having True HD/Platinum is definitely the motivating factor. I only mentioned the 720p sale unit at Tesco for/in response to David006.

Edited by lomatopo

I recently bought a 55in LG LED 3D TV, for exactly 50,000 baht. I think it's great and LED is better than plasma. If the have the True Visions HD service the picture is stunning. The 3D and internet is a bit of a gimmick but amusing now and again. Bought from Num Chai.

I recently bought a 55in LG LED 3D TV, for exactly 50,000 baht. I think it's great and LED is better than plasma. If the have the True Visions HD service the picture is stunning. The 3D and internet is a bit of a gimmick but amusing now and again. Bought from Num Chai.

That's why I didn't bother with i-net and 3D, I think my 51" HD Samsung is amazing value for 25.000 bath and when 3D and internet and super HD are better devoleped in perhaps 3 years time I will upgrade again.

Plasma or LED, well it's personal taste I recon, for best low budget HD TV I would say Plasma.

• Like 2

ta..will check it out....

That's why I didn't bother with i-net and 3D, I think my 51" HD Samsung is amazing value for 25.000 bath and when 3D and internet and super HD are better devoleped in perhaps 3 years time I will upgrade again.

Plasma or LED, well it's personal taste I recon, for best low budget HD TV I would say Plasma.

I agree with you Guzzi, plasma still rocks for picture qualty.

Regarding the 3D, two of my plasma's are 3D and however it's nice to view, there is not enough movies available yet, and I doubt it will improve in the near future.

Only good point is that my son loves it, and they don't mind to view the same movie over and over again.

I agree with you Guzzi, plasma still rocks for picture qualty.

Regarding the 3D, two of my plasma's are 3D and however it's nice to view, there is not enough movies available yet, and I doubt it will improve in the near future.

Only good point is that my son loves it, and they don't mind to view the same movie over and over again.

Watched my son's blue ray and HD tv in Canada..sort of nice but still can't see what difference it makes to a vanilla movie at home..I mean if you go to a good cinema or Cinimax yeah it makes a big difference..but at home watching mind numbing stuff Hollywood etc churns out why bother ??? just me I guess .I even like airline food???sick.gif

http://tv.about.com/od/highdefinitionhdtv/a/The-Dilemma-Of-Image-Quality.htm

Whatever you get, get a Panasonic.

You'll find cheaper Samsungs. Don't be tempted. Pay the extra and get the Panasonic.

A tale of two companies... it was the worst of times at Panasonic.smile.png

Maybe you should have added "...before they go out of business"? wink.png

Panasonic Downgraded by S&P After $9.6 Billion Loss Forecast

By Terje Langeland on November 02, 2012 Tweet Facebook LinkedIn Google Plus 0 Comments

Panasonic Corp. (6752), Japan’s No. 2 TV maker, had its credit rating downgraded two levels by Standard & Poor’s after forecasting a loss 30 times bigger than analyst estimates because of restructuring costs and falling demand.

http://www.businessw...n-loss-forecast

Last updated: October 26, 2012 8:47 am

Samsung reports record quarterly profit

By Song Jung-a in Seoul

Samsung Electronics, the world’s largest technology company by sales, reported record net profit for the third quarter as booming sales of its smartphones and flat panels offset slowing demand for memory chips.

But the South Korean company expects competition to intensify in the current quarter amid the global economic slowdown, although strong demand in the run-up to the Christmas period is expected to boost demand for mobile devices.

Overall, the company's net profit surged 91 per cent to Won6.56tn ($5.9bn), while operating profit also jumped 91 per cent to Won8.12tn and sales increased 26 per cent to Won52.18tn.

http://www.ft.com/cm...144feabdc0.html

Watched my son's blue ray and HD tv in Canada..sort of nice but still can't see what difference it makes to a vanilla movie at home..I mean if you go to a good cinema or Cinimax yeah it makes a big difference..but at home watching mind numbing stuff Hollywood etc churns out why bother ??? just me I guess .I even like airline food???sick.gif

Once you've seen sports in HD you really can't go back. On TrueVisions they sometimes have the same event on an HD channel and on an SD channel. The SD channel is like looking through Coke bottle bottoms.

But if you can't tell the difference, or do not have any HD content, then it goes without saying, an HD set would be a waste for you.

Edited by lomatopo

My point was merely that he loves to view the 3D movies David, which are in fact stunning in most cases.

Anyway if you don't notice the difference between a low and a high resolution picture, it's time for new lenses.biggrin.png

The issue is that there are not enough 3D movie available,but a child doesn't mind to view the same movie several times with the same enjoyment.

Edited by astral
Remove long quote