London To Bangkok On Foot

STEALTH K3

dunno - who cares - imagine what a trip that would be.... are you thinking of doing it then????

id love to plan something like that.. in fact i may even do it whilst on the way over to thailand when me n the wife move over their for good - in a hundred years time.

visas for the mrs could be a problem :o

dunno - who cares - imagine what a trip that would be.... are you thinking of doing it then????

id love to plan something like that.. in fact i may even do it whilst on the way over to thailand when me n the wife move over their for good - in a hundred years time.

visas for the mrs could be a problem :D

Well its a thought I have too much time on my hands I suppose. A british women cycled solo from Bejing to London. So would it be that hard :o:D

6000 miles or more, say 30 miles a day, you do the sums :D

Apparently its 5925, so 6000 is a bit of an over exageration :D so working on that and if you walk for 12 hours a day at the average walking pace of 3 miles an hour that is 36 miles a day.

So if you walk 36 miles a day 7 days a week it would only take you 164.58 years to get to Bangkok.

Best of luck to you fella :o:D

I know many West Country folk have a different conception of time, but isn't that 164.58 days? (5925 miles / 36 miles walked in a day)

Scouse.

I dunno - that daleyboy, you cant take him anywhere... its probably best that hes kept down ere in the south west of angkrit eh

:o

I know many West Country folk have a different conception of time, but isn't that 164.58 days? (5925 miles / 36 miles walked in a day)

Scouse.

I dunno - that daleyboy, you cant take him anywhere... its probably best that hes kept down ere in the south west of angkrit eh

:D

With apologies to daleyboy... I'm sorry, but I feel :o all over again..... :D

perhaps I'm laughing so hard is that it could have just as easily been me doing the math.......... :D

Apparently its 5925, so 6000 is a bit of an over exageration
Is that as the crow flies? Probably a bit longer along the roads.

I could do with a bit of exercise and might join STEALTH K3.

---------------

Maestro

... 164.58 years ...

Scouse.

I would suggest upping the speed to 4 miles per hour and not being lazy - also walk for 18 hours a day as there is bugger all else to do, through france/iran/iraq/burma you may want to walk a bit quicker - factoring in all of this you should be here in around 2.5 months. :o

Apparently its 5925, so 6000 is a bit of an over exageration so working on that and if you walk for 12 hours a day at the average walking pace of 3 miles an hour that is 36 miles a day.

So if you walk 36 miles a day 7 days a week it would only take you 164.58 years to get to Bangkok.

Best of luck to you fella

Your maths really is bad !!

I recall reading a book by a racing-cyclist, ie. 100-150 mile-per-day man, about his Round-The-World trip which took just under a year ! And I'm certain quite a few more-normal, if that's the right word, touring-cyclists do it over a couple of years. You just turn your wheels Eastwards - and keep on going ! :o

So my advice to the OP, in the imortal words of english-politician Norman Thebbitt, would be "On Yer Bike !" :D

I recall reading a book by a racing-cyclist, ie. 100-150 mile-per-day man, about his Round-The-World trip which took just under a year ! And I'm certain quite a few more-normal, if that's the right word, touring-cyclists do it over a couple of years. You just turn your wheels Eastwards - and keep on going ! :D

So my advice to the OP, in the imortal words of english-politician Norman Thebbitt, would be "On Yer Bike !" :D

I prefer cycling more but the thing is I am not too good at fixing punctures :o:D

GO FOR IT!.................... DON'T FORGET TO KEEP US UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

ABSOLUTELY!

I think if you're game then give it a go. Worse case scenario is you get bored/frustrated then just jump on a plane. Don't listen to the idiots on here, TV is (primarily) made up of comedians and Chang drinkers!

If you succeeded what stories you would have, if it can't be done at least you can say you tried - GO FOR IT!