Tooth Implants

Misplaced

Anyone know a good place in Bangkok or Chiangmai to get (1) tooth implant done? If you had it done, can you give me approx cost as well.

Right now I'm in the States and I was told this morning It'll cost approx. $6000.00 to: extract, putting in implant and permanent crowned. The entire time from beginning to end of procedure is approx 6 months. my crappy insurance will cover $1200.00 which leaves me with a bill of $4800.00 out of pocket. It just makes more sense to me to come to Thailand and get it done. My only concern is the quality, care and technology in Thailand. I have the money I just don't have time for a screw up.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have no experience with implants. But i can promise you you get your money' s worth in Thailand. All my dental work in Thailand is satisfactory. I even took time to let the Thai dental work be professionally re checked by a western dentist. And the results came out fine.

http://www.medicalto...in-thailand.php

For example this is a link to a commercial site... I see it' s a 5th of US prices you mentioned. So there are lots of possibilities.

Edited by Dancealot

I've actually had 3 'artificial' teeth replaced.

Used a good dentist in Bangkok (near the MRT Huai Khwang Station) ... not the fancy one catering mainly to foreign customers, located on the main road ... but a Thai dentist who did his degree in Thailand and post graduate studies in the USA.

Got 2 done initially at the cost of approximately $1,500 per tooth (about 3 years ago), X-Rays were included in that price. The price variation depends on the type of post you choose.

A little extra for some artificial bone which had to be inserted as I had an abscess under one of the teeth.

That took a little time to heal.

Then the posts go in and takes about 3 months for the gum to heal.

Really feels like a mechanic is working on you and the post is actually 'screwed' into place.

The fitting of the tooth is the simplest and easiest part of the procedure.

Three years later ... nary a problem with them ... biggrin.png

PM me if you wish the details.

Edited by David48

I had one done in the US and two done in Thailand (Dr. Bundit at Bkk Hosp.) I thought the service was better here. I thing the last one was about $2,500. It a was a molar with a gold crown.

Regardless of where you get it, go with the implant, I like it far better than the bridge.

Thantakit's a first-class operation with special expertise in implants. They've got their prices online:

http://www.thantakit...nd.html#implant

But frankly, once you include the cost of two or more round-trips from the States and hotels and such, I don't think you're going to save much at all over the States if you're having a single implant done. Might work out cost-wise for those who are having several teeth done, though.

Remember, you might also need bone grafts, which would add to the time and cost.

(Some things dental are a lot cheaper in Bangkok than the West, such as root canals. But implants are manufactured in the West and imported into Thailand, so costs aren't vastly cheaper in Bangkok than elsewhere.)

Edited by taxout

Some things dental are a lot cheaper in Bangkok than the West, such as root canals. But implants are manufactured in the West and imported into Thailand, so costs aren't vastly cheaper in Bangkok than elsewhere.

I have to disagree with part of your comment above.

The majority of the cost with the implant is the labour component and that is much cheaper in Thailand.

Agreed that the posts are not manufactured in Thailand and the choice of two I was offered came from either Sth Korea or the States.

But the cost of the post made up just over 10% of the cost of the proceedure ... and I've had 3 done.

My impression is that the well-known implant manufacturers do their best to keep overall prices in the same neighbourhood world-wide and do not like dentists to engage in price-cutting.

There are cheaper implants available from less well-known makers. These may work just as well as ones from the well-known companies, but the problem is down the road: if there is a problem, it may be difficult in the US or UK, say, to find a dentist with the tools or parts or expertise to fix it. Each manufacturer makes implants with their own system, and a given dentist normally specializes in just a few of the available systems.

As you probably know, after 10 or 12 years or so, the crown on an implant usually needs replacing, so heading back to the dentist at some point is normal with implants.

Certainly the actual manufacturing cost of implants is a very very small part of the cost.

Been using Bangkok Smile Dental for all sorts or tooth problems. They use the same whitening brand i used back home and i paid much less here. For some reason the same thing, same brand, same quality, costs less here. A Malaysian duty free shop sells western booze at almost half a price of Thai's.