Chalerm Dismisses Anti-Govt Rally Threat: Thailand

webfact

The Democrat/RTA alignment is a figment of your imagination.

Really? Odd then that every serious commentator and contemporary historian, of different political persuasions, think otherwise.If you deny such an obvious connection through either ignorance or dishonesty, one simply loses interest in what follows and moves on to critics of this government who much as one might disagree with them have actually done some homework.

As the only alternative to Thaksin's corruption teams, the enemy of my enemy becomes my friend. That didn't make Churchill or FDR pinko commies, it doesn't make Abhisit an army stooge, though it is convenient for some to label him such.

Wake up that your great social revolution is just an academic wet dream; what you have is a mass of misinformed uneducated people being manipulated for a wealthy sociopath's ambitions.

The Democrat/RTA alignment is a figment of your imagination.

Really? Odd then that every serious commentator and contemporary historian, of different political persuasions, think otherwise.If you deny such an obvious connection through either ignorance or dishonesty, one simply loses interest in what follows and moves on to critics of this government who much as one might disagree with them have actually done some homework.

I don't think anyone questions that there are connections between the Dems and the RTA, i think what is questioned is the repeated insinuation that somehow the connections between these two groups are unique. Throughout the political spectrum connections can be found; political statesmen of pretty much all colours have relationships with high up military people.

Do the Dems have stronger ties than other political entities? Possibly. It's hard to say. The fact that the RTA has in recent history acted against supporters opposed to the Dems could certainly give that impression to those taking something of a superficial overview, but perhaps if one were to look a bit deeper one might also consider the possibility that the way the supporters opposed to the Dems have behaved has played a significant part in the biased treatment they may appear to have received.

The new Dept. Transport minister General Prin Suvanadat who is a friend of k. Thaksin may be an exception I guess? Maybe he's not a Pheu Thai member, that would avoid the link Pheu Thai / Army wink.png

If he has other qualifications for the job, even tenuous, it would be nice if they were put forward. Back in reality, the qualification given, like Surapong's, is all that is required currently.

The deputy premier said the number of protesters estimated by the police was less than the actual turnout. He earlier estimated those in the protest to number only 1,500-2,000 persons.

Unlike the various Eye-witnesses who reported 10x this number.

Some people in the lower northeastern provinces were reported to have been hired to join the rally, Mr Korkaew said, urging the government to shut down the royal turf club to counter the move.

Only the Reds are allowed to pay their supporters - the Dem's are not playing fair! sad.png

The red shirt leader cautioned the government to closely watch the anti-government movement.

Because they know how much damage a Large scale Rally can do, right? smile.png

As I understand it.......the stadium (thats holds 20,000 people) was practically full - then clearly Chalerm has much the more accurate figure !!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif.

I bet he never starred in math(s) in his time at school - either that, or his eye-sight is deteriorating rapidly (we already know that 'he is blind to the truth)!!!clap2.gif