Hurricane Sandy To Have Little Effect On U S Tourism To Thailand, Experts Say

webfact

Interesting read for all those who continually promote the notions Thais are selfish and only care about themselves when it comes to money ... http://unitedexplana...-world-in-2011/

Del. Very large graph.

Nisa, I note that your source is the Charities Aids Foundation (I assume this includes charitable payments to the Police when not wanting to go to the police station to pick up the license after Police took it).

You will notice when traveling that many Thai restaurants worldwide have a small box to donate money to children of Aids affected communities - they are in 50-70% of restaurants here in NZ. The owners (Thais, who are legally allowed to operate the business 100%, even though we can not in their home countries) then use this money to make themselves look good and big at home. It is about face.

I know for a fact, that some of the restaurants also mix some of their own money in there, so that they do not have to pay tax etc on it back home. It is also a way of repatriating funds without being asked too many questions - because you are helping the poor kids with HIV and AIDS.

Let's see. Tsunami hits Thailand. USA collects donations to help Thais affected by the disaster. Hurricane hits USA, Thais estimate how much revenue will be lost on local tourism. Thailand, Hub of "I only care about me"wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Can you imagine how outraged people would be in the US if there were headlines in the US quoting dollars lost due to the hurricane ... worse imagine if they were giving estimates not only during and after but also before it hit.

That's exactly what Gov Christie and Mayor Bloomberg are talking about. The questions get asked of them repeatedly.

You may already know this but to be clear, I was being sarcastic but for some reason all my formatting options are greyed out as well as putting the little emotion faces. Probably need to clear my cache or something.

Sorry, Nisa, when 95% of the posts are Thai bashing, my sarcasm meter shuts off.

TV (television) news here is 24/7 storm aftermath. I swear I just heard them interview someone who screamed at some govt official "You gotta do something! We can't even get a cup of coffee!"

This is truly a disaster, but Americans don't handle adversity well.

Sorry, Nisa, when 95% of the posts are Thai bashing, my sarcasm meter shuts off.

TV (television) news here is 24/7 storm aftermath. I swear I just heard them interview someone who screamed at some govt official "You gotta do something! We can't even get a cup of coffee!"

This is truly a disaster, but Americans don't handle adversity well.

At least it is good to see foxnews.com has already moved to making this a political issue ;-)

However it was great to see the Gov. of NJ, who has been an extreme critic of Obama put all the BS aside for the sake of his people .. never been a big fan of his but he deserves a lot of respect and has shown some real character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzcpbc20C2I