Carabao In Cm. Anyone Going?

rideswings

Oh well, thanks for the replies, and thanks TP for that info, it might have saved me a trip down there if there wont be any tickets at the door. Looks like the ticket prices might have been a little high in price anyway. Last 2 times I saw him in Udon and Phuket ticket prices were only around 300 baht or less. Looks like prices start at 1500 baht and go up to 2500.

Edited by rideswings

I saw them 6 or 7 years ago. They put on a great live act. They're still V popular hence the tickets being sold out. The prices you quote are very high Rideswings. It's a sign of the times in Thailand: I've had two tradesmen out in the past couple of days to do routine jobs. They charged 600 baht each. Only a couple of years ago it would have been 200-300 Baht.

Carabou sometimes play Mae-Jo University, and a big venue in Niemenhaemin, when prices have been more-normal.

The Mae-Jo concert, we were in the VIP-seats, which were the same seats as all the poor students, but in the front four rows & with a tape marking off the rich people. Very hi-so ! rolleyes.gif

But I've always enjoyed the band & their concerts, well worth trying to get to see IMO ! clap2.gif

Last Tuesday evening (30Oct) 2300 Hrs a free Carabao show was "supposedly" given at the restaurant / bar on Canal Rd next to Praserland / Kat Chom Doi. This restaurant now appears to have a theme similar to Tawan Dang. I was there at 1900 & fans were starting to show up, but I did not want to hang around to verify results for the Carabao show (That is why I wrote "supposedly")..

Last Tuesday evening (30Oct) 2300 Hrs a free Carabao show was "supposedly" given at the restaurant / bar on Canal Rd next to Praserland / Kat Chom Doi. This restaurant now appears to have a theme similar to Tawan Dang. I was there at 1900 & fans were starting to show up, but I did not want to hang around to verify results for the Carabao show (That is why I wrote "supposedly")..

Restaurant shows are usually free because the venues make money on the food and drink, sometimes with a 100-200 fee for a big band. Carabao play roughly 300 shows a year, mostly in smallish venues, so quite easy to catch them. The high ticket prices are when they're putting on something special.

Oh well, thanks for the replies, and thanks TP for that info, it might have saved me a trip down there if there wont be any tickets at the door. Looks like the ticket prices might have been a little high in price anyway. Last 2 times I saw him in Udon and Phuket ticket prices were only around 300 baht or less. Looks like prices start at 1500 baht and go up to 2500.

The higher prices you quote may be for for a table. Last time I saw them we bought a table, which came with a bottle of whiskey for ฿1,500 . Our neighbors were plesed when we donated our bottle of whiskey to their celebration. Higher table prices for tables with unobstructed views when everyone stays standing, which most do throughout the concert.

That probably explains the higher ticket prices. I thought 1500 was high for one person, but it might very well be for a table.

The higher prices you quote may be for for a table. Last time I saw them we bought a table, which came with a bottle of whiskey for ฿1,500 . Our neighbors were plesed when we donated our bottle of whiskey to their celebration. Higher table prices for tables with unobstructed views when everyone stays standing, which most do throughout the concert.

I was at the concert.

It started at 8pm and went till just after midnight - 4 hours, culminating in about 10 fireworks. It was at Carabaos's house in Baan Fon, not far from where I live. It was outdoors, so lucky the weather was good.

I like Carabao and know some of his music, but to be honest 4 hours was a bit much.

The tickets I had were 2,000baht each and we were about half way back.

It was very well organized and orderly. One of Thai Princesses was there, so there must have been 200-300 police visible and I'm sure more hidden around her.

There was no alcohol and everyone sat on their chairs most of the time. Towards the end, those that had smuggled Lao Kao in started to get their groove on.

No fights to report. Not like the concert I went to in Nakhon Sawan a few years back. That was a smackfest. It was awesome.