Making Sure I Can Get Back Into Thailand From Lao

On a website talking about going into Lao from Thailand and back I saw this:

Warning for foreigners on 'Visa Runs' from Thailand

Thai Immigration law now discourages foreigners living, working or retiring in Thailand without the correct visa. Passports are checked for previous entry stamps within the past six months. If they show more than 90 days spent in Thailand, re-entry will given only to those with a visa obtained at a Thai embassy, until a further 90 days has elapsed. If this applies to you, be prepared before you leave on your next 'visa run'. If you return with a visitor visa you can apply for a Thai retirement visa which is available for those over 50 who qualify for the minimum income requirements. More information and options are described on our Thai Visa page.

I'm going to get a Thai tourist visa at the embassy in Vientiane, so according to this I won't have any issues with returning to Thailand, right? Just want to make sure...

Totally false information from more than 2 years ago. Was stopped when they changed to 15 day land crossing visa exempt entry. No you will not have any problem returning with or without a visa on the basis of any such rule.

• Like 1