60 Day "marriage" Extension Query

You can apply from 30 day before the current permission to stay ends till the last day you are allowed to stay in Thailand.

The extension will begin when your current permission to stay ends, so applying early doesn't mean you will lose any days.

• Like 1

This is also known as the 'Unofficial Marriage Visa'.

For those who live near a border, do a border run and get 15 days. Extend for 60 days at immigration.

Repeat.

There used to be a limit but then the immigration law was changed. I know people who have been (oddly enough) doing it for years.

They actually save money as they do a duty free run while crossing over the border every 75 days and stock up on cheap single-malts. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have a single entry Non Immigrant 'O' for supporting my Thai son (I am divorced from his Mother and have legal custody). I obtained the visa in Vientiane and it is about to expire. For various reasons I don't want to change it by applying for a one year extension but I would like to get a 60 day extension, and then in 60 days time I will go to Savannaket and get a one year multiple entry.

Can anyone confirm what documents I will need for the 60 day extension and will I have to take my son with me?

Many thanks

Yes, take your son with you. The follwowing documents might be asked for. but also depend on whee you will apply.

- copy and origival of birth certificate

- copy and original of divorce certificate

- copy and original of document showing you have custody

- copy and original of household registration book of child

- passport photo

-

The fat un in jomtien immigration refused extension, in spite of having both wife & all papers with me

What was the reason given? Did you pay 1900 baht and then have it refused?

Was it your first extension or were you trying to do it two in a row?

She delayed it by keep asking for things that is not stated in the law, when i came with that, she demanded something else, until my time run out and i had to go to Laos and make a new marriage visa, then she did the same thing again.

Yes, it was first would be extension.