Devoted To The Reds And To Thaksin

Lite Beer

While Thaksin & the PTP are maneuvering their pawns into position for the next stage of their battle I sincerely hope that the democrats have equally good counter moves & don't leave their game plan too late to be effective.

The PTP are pawns. What the PTP have so far failed to do is get Thaksin back. So now Thaksin puts in the more explicit 'Yes Sirs!' to have a go. And also make the organisation more his own.

They will still have the same problems as before however and increasing the bluster only goes so far.

Democracy is a Dream, Looks good on Paper but even the Greeks had to invade their fellow Greek Neighbours to feed themselves. The Amataya exploit Thailand, and is that okay? Taksin is an Outsider taking on the Established Corrupt Elite and I and a lot of People in Chiang Mai are sick of the Amataya, but not of Taksin.

Being a denizen of Chiang Mai and a fan of the Shin dynasty, you must be well aware of Thaksin's origins.

Quote Wiki:

" Seng Sae Khu had made his fortune through tax farming. Chiang Sae Khu/Shinawatra later founded Shinawatra Silks and then by moving into finance, construction and property development. Thaksin's father, Lert, was born in Chiang Mai in 1919 and married Yindi Ramingwong (a daughter of Princess Jantip Na Chiang Mai). In 1968, Lert Shinawatra entered politics and became an MP for Chiang Mai and deputy leader of the now-defunct Liberal party. Lert Shinawatra quit politics in 1976. Lert Shinawatra opened a coffee shop, grew oranges and flowers in Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, and opened two movie theatres, a gas station, and a car and motorcycle dealership. By the time Thaksin was born, the Shinawatra family was one of the richest and most influential families in Chiang Mai"

In most places that would be about as "amataya" as you can get. Anyone with a "Na" in their name has connections eg Potjaman Na Pombera

Thaksin is no outsider taking on the elite, he's just a much greedier and ambitious member of the elite taking on his fellow amataya.

Do try to spell his name correctly, since Taksin the Great was a king.

Thaksin Shinawatra merely aspires to be.wai.gif

TV "Thaksinistas" open your eyes.

While Thaksin & the PTP are maneuvering their pawns into position for the next stage of their battle I sincerely hope that the democrats have equally good counter moves & don't leave their game plan too late to be effective.

The PTP are pawns. What the PTP have so far failed to do is get Thaksin back. So now Thaksin puts in the more explicit 'Yes Sirs!' to have a go. And also make the organisation more his own.

They will still have the same problems as before however and increasing the bluster only goes so far.

Democracy is a Dream, Looks good on Paper but even the Greeks had to invade their fellow Greek Neighbours to feed themselves. The Amataya exploit Thailand, and is that okay? Taksin is an Outsider taking on the Established Corrupt Elite and I and a lot of People in Chiang Mai are sick of the Amataya, but not of Taksin.

And do you not think Thaksin has exploited Thailand? IMO far more ruthlessly than the Amataya.

• Like 2

"He said the government would never abandon the rice scheme."

Because it's Thaksin's idea, and Thaksin owns the government. Now tell me why it is legal for members of this government (millionaires all) to be beneficiaries of a policy whose stated intent is to minimise income inequality and help the poor? Why are there no limits on eligibility?

In fact, for a government to enact a policy which benefits directly and indirectly members of that government, while failing to achieve its stated goals, is the definition of corruption.

Which members of the Government are being directly benefited by the rice scheme?

I think it would be difficult under any Government to find a policy which does not in some way directly or indirectly benefit people in the Government.

HTF would I know? But not one of them has stated a conflict of interest, recused themselves from a vote or otherwise decision making, or exempted their rice farms from receiving benefits.

More to the point, This is Thaksin's scheme, the Shinawatra family DO own rice farms, and are benefitting from this policy. WHY?

Oh okay, you are making sweeping assumptions. I thought you actually had some information on the situation.

Would yo be prepared to state that none of the members of this government are engaged in rice farming?

Would yo be prepared to state that none of the members of this government are engaged in rice farming?

I have no idea, which is why I was asking you for your information?

Originally you seemed to state with authority that people in the Government were directly benefiting from it.

If i had to guess, I would say people in the Government would be involved, from all parties actually, how heavily and how much they could or may benefit I have no clue, and neither do you I presume.

I have no idea, which is why I was asking you for your information?

Originally you seemed to state with authority that people in the Government were directly benefiting from it.

If i had to guess, I would say people in the Government would be involved, from all parties actually, how heavily and how much they could or may benefit I have no clue, and neither do you I presume.

When I see an armed masked man running from a bank with a bag of money, I don't need to wait for the bank to check their books to know that he is a thief.

• Like 1

Another disillusioned brainwashed puppet claiming to be independent of such. I think his quip about being transparent is real enough. We know exactly what he is. coffee1.gif

Well he brings breath of fresh air with him. (I think he farted) He say's

"Now that he is minister, he plans to get MPs to work closely with governors"

What a novel idea 15 months in power and they decide to work with the Governors. Unless they are in Bangkok

""The key qualification for being Pheu Thai Party leader is ........... the ability to turn 360 degrees..."

Turning 360 degrees is commonly referred to as spinning. He demonstrates this ability to the maximum when he suggests that the rice scam will lift farmers incomes to the middle class and "the expansion of the middle class means more income for the government, as the number of taxpayers will increase."

Any suggestion that income based on government subsidies will increase taxes and raise tax revenue is more than slightly bizarre, it's downright hilarious. Welcome to the world of Thaksinomics. No mention of the huge tax expenditure or the multi-billion baht losses, the almost absolute failure to deliver on the stated aim, the level of corruption involved, or the conflict of interest of the PTP insiders accepting rice scam payments.

Why? Because it buys votes (with other people's money).

Well actually it buys peoples votes with the peoples own money only they don't know it.

The Dems never fail to disappoint. Their PR machine sucks compared to Thaksin's, they are not pro active in coming up with good sustainable policies & at the same time promoting them to the public, especially the in the NE where they can never hope for a majority unless they win them over. Having said that it seems the public are addicted to the quick fix, handouts based on the populist policies. Mr T has a solid game plan & although the parliament is littered with dinosaurs the ones inside the Dems seem to be holding them back.

You are quite correct.

"Mr T has a solid game plan & although the parliament is littered with dinosaurs the ones inside the Dems seem to be holding them back."

Can you just imagine it. The Dems stop holding the PT back the next day exonerated Thaksin lands in Bangkok and heads straight for the public's purse.

Thank you Dems keep up the good work. If some of the oter small parties had any integraty they would fight the phoney reconciliation bill that just gives Thaksin a free pass.

If the PT really wanted reconciliation they would have to leave Thaksin out of it and start to listen to what the Dems want. A good beginning would be to put a Dem in a important seat in the Cabinet.

Not going to happen much easier to lie to and be believed by red shirts.

"He said the government would never abandon the rice scheme."

Because it's Thaksin's idea, and Thaksin owns the government. Now tell me why it is legal for members of this government (millionaires all) to be beneficiaries of a policy whose stated intent is to minimise income inequality and help the poor? Why are there no limits on eligibility?

In fact, for a government to enact a policy which benefits directly and indirectly members of that government, while failing to achieve its stated goals, is the definition of corruption.

Which members of the Government are being directly benefited by the rice scheme?

I think it would be difficult under any Government to find a policy which does not in some way directly or indirectly benefit people in the Government.

HTF would I know? But not one of them has stated a conflict of interest, recused themselves from a vote or otherwise decision making, or exempted their rice farms from receiving benefits.

More to the point, This is Thaksin's scheme, the Shinawatra family DO own rice farms, and are benefitting from this policy. WHY?

Oh okay, you are making sweeping assumptions. I thought you actually had some information on the situation.

If you live in Thailand for a short period of time you will realize with out making assumptions or going looking for proof that people in the Government all ways make money when the Government decides to spend it.

Being a denizen of Chiang Mai and a fan of the Shin dynasty, you must be well aware of Thaksin's origins.

Quote Wiki:

" Seng Sae Khu had made his fortune through tax farming. Chiang Sae Khu/Shinawatra later founded Shinawatra Silks and then by moving into finance, construction and property development. Thaksin's father, Lert, was born in Chiang Mai in 1919 and married Yindi Ramingwong (a daughter of Princess Jantip Na Chiang Mai). In 1968, Lert Shinawatra entered politics and became an MP for Chiang Mai and deputy leader of the now-defunct Liberal party. Lert Shinawatra quit politics in 1976. Lert Shinawatra opened a coffee shop, grew oranges and flowers in Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, and opened two movie theatres, a gas station, and a car and motorcycle dealership. By the time Thaksin was born, the Shinawatra family was one of the richest and most influential families in Chiang Mai"

In most places that would be about as "amataya" as you can get. Anyone with a "Na" in their name has connections eg Potjaman Na Pombera

Thaksin is no outsider taking on the elite, he's just a much greedier and ambitious member of the elite taking on his fellow amataya.

Do try to spell his name correctly, since Taksin the Great was a king.

Thaksin Shinawatra merely aspires to be.wai.gif

Being rich in chiangmai doesn't make you part of the amart. There was once another PM from Chiang Mai. It lasted about a month until the army and the Bangkok higher ups.snuffed that one out, quite sneakily.

• Like 1

And do you not think Thaksin has exploited Thailand? IMO far more ruthlessly than the Amataya.

Never in a Million Years.

Thaksin for example laundered money while PM through his family and the family chauffeur. Maybe examples such as these make Thaksin a cleaner dirty shirt in the laundry basket?

Also, When Thaksin apologists start pontificating against the class system in Thailand, one should ask them what plans Thaksin has for the overthrow of the Thai class system apart from renaming Thaksin as Taksin (after King Taksin). What Thaksin is after is civil absolutism, nothing less.

Thaksin for example laundered money while PM through his family and the family chauffeur. Maybe examples such as these make Thaksin a cleaner dirty shirt in the laundry basket?

Also, When Thaksin apologists start pontificating against the class system in Thailand, one should ask them what plans Thaksin has for the overthrow of the Thai class system apart from renaming Thaksin as Taksin (after King Taksin). What Thaksin is after is civil absolutism, nothing less.

Yes I agree that he is corrupt, and he should go to Gaol, but the Amataya have been at it a lot longer and as they seem to have escaped Penal Servitude for Corruption , as far as Thai,s are concerned, good luck if you can get away with it. Many Thai Polls show they don,t mind Corruption. Taksin has given a stronger voice to the Poor and they love him for it.

Yes I agree that he is corrupt, and he should go to Gaol, but the Amataya have been at it a lot longer and as they seem to have escaped Penal Servitude for Corruption , as far as Thai,s are concerned, good luck if you can get away with it. Many Thai Polls show they don,t mind Corruption. Taksin has given a stronger voice to the Poor and they love him for it.

Some Posters are quick to say if you talk about Taksin your one of the many TV Apologist,s for him. Well I cant recall anyone posting anything good about Taksin in the last 3 months on TV, so my question is Give me some examples of Mak Mak Taksin Apologists or Root Off

Good if you can get away with it? And talk about Amathaya prosecution and political motivation if you can't? Makes you wonder what both Silvio Berlusconi and the Italian population think about itwink.png

Good if you can get away with it? And talk about Amathaya prosecution and political motivation if you can't? Makes you wonder what both Silvio Berlusconi and the Italian population think about itwink.png

Don,t think your question mark is correct. Exclamation mark I think. Amathaya wanted for Prosecution is not new.

So the conclusion here is that the Thai ruling class is corrupt and therefore should be opposed, but Thaksin is corrupt but the Thais don't mind corruption and though he is corrupt he represents the interests of the poor. That might pass for informed comment on Red TV but it is in reality a load of old rubbish. What Thaksin is in actuality representing other than his own interests are the interests of the North eastern landowners ie no land reform thankyou. The voice of the poor offers only crumbs to be collected after he takes, or rather hopes to take, absolute power. (King Taksin is the dog whistle). Every so often the Thaksin apologists just chuck away their 'its not about Thaksin' shrouds and wear a more comfortable love for Thaksin jacket. The academic engine room spluttering as it does.

• Like 1

""The key qualification for being Pheu Thai Party leader is ........... the ability to turn 360 degrees..."

Turning 360 degrees is commonly referred to as spinning. He demonstrates this ability to the maximum when he suggests that the rice scam will lift farmers incomes to the middle class and "the expansion of the middle class means more income for the government, as the number of taxpayers will increase."

Any suggestion that income based on government subsidies will increase taxes and raise tax revenue is more than slightly bizarre, it's downright hilarious. Welcome to the world of Thaksinomics. No mention of the huge tax expenditure or the multi-billion baht losses, the almost absolute failure to deliver on the stated aim, the level of corruption involved, or the conflict of interest of the PTP insiders accepting rice scam payments.

Why? Because it buys votes (with other people's money).

Well actually it buys peoples votes with the peoples own money only they don't know it.

Or even buying non tax payers votes with income from tax payers