14-Year-Old Girl Arrested For Running Underage Prostitution Ring In Samut Prakan

webfact

14-year-old girl arrested for running underage prostitution ring in Samut Prakan

By Coconuts Bangkok

sp.jpg

Samut Prakan's Bang Phli district

SAMUT PRAKAN: -- A 14-year-old Samut Prakan girl has been arrested for reportedly running a prostitution scheme out of a motel.

Police conducted and undercover sting operation at the motel in Samut Prakan’s Bang Phli district, said Pol Maj-Gen Chavalit Sawaengphuet, head of the Anti-Human Trafficking Division.

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...n-samut-prakan/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2012-11-05

footer_n.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not suprising news but,...what i've never understood about thailand is how easy it seems for these girls to get into prostitution , and some it seems with the blessing of the parents , it just seems thais look on it as "no big deal" when there kids start being payed for sex at the drop of a hat, {or knickers more like}.....where is the morality amoung thais ? is there any ? does it exist here ?......i see very little evidence of any

There is very little morality among Thais and yes of course the parents condone it especially those from Issan. I've seen the jealousy myself among parents in the village. It's no big deal if a girl works the bars in Pattaya and there's absolutely no shame whatsoever. I would add that i've never seen any at 14yrs old but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

• Like 1

This is news worthy? It's business as usual here in Isaan.

Don't really understand what you mean...d'you mean that it is normal practice in your part of Isan for 14 year olds to run prostitution rings?

It's pretty common across Thailand sadly, I've heard of this happening in Bangkok and a number of other places. I always laugh when I am told by NGO's how the girls are "sold" into bars etc by their evil families, the greatest recruiters are other girls in the bar.

But that doesn't sound so good when you're a doe eyed dancer trying to convince someone you'd really don't like working there, nor as wallet opening if you're a NGO trying to "save" the same gals.

Frankly a poor reflection upon Sex Education in Thailand which is pretty dismal, the country with one of the highest unmarried teen pregnancy rates in the world.

Do you have any stats to support above statement?

I presume you're just a troll. But if you're not then I suggest you report what you know to the local police. Or do you condone child prostitution? If you know this goes on and don't report it, then you deserve to be locked up.

It probably wouldn't do him any good. The ring is probably being run by the police or paying the police off.

• Like 2

Don't really understand what you mean...d'you mean that it is normal practice in your part of Isan for 14 year olds to run prostitution rings?

It's pretty common across Thailand sadly, I've heard of this happening in Bangkok and a number of other places. I always laugh when I am told by NGO's how the girls are "sold" into bars etc by their evil families, the greatest recruiters are other girls in the bar.

But that doesn't sound so good when you're a doe eyed dancer trying to convince someone you'd really don't like working there, nor as wallet opening if you're a NGO trying to "save" the same gals.

Frankly a poor reflection upon Sex Education in Thailand which is pretty dismal, the country with one of the highest unmarried teen pregnancy rates in the world.

Do you have any stats to prove him wrong? He doesn't have to prove he is right or his stats are correct. You have to prove him wrong.

• Like 2

I presume you're just a troll. But if you're not then I suggest you report what you know to the local police. Or do you condone child prostitution? If you know this goes on and don't report it, then you deserve to be locked up.

It probably wouldn't do him any good. The ring is probably being run by the police or paying the police off.

Spot on.

• Like 2

Do you have any stats to prove him wrong? He doesn't have to prove he is right or his stats are correct. You have to prove him wrong.

This is a logical fallacy: the "burden of proof" falls upon the one advancing a hypothetical explanation, proposing a theory, accusing someone of a crime, etc.

These rather "abstract" remarks do not mean that I do not the find the situation of 14 year old girl running a prostitution ring heinous: I do ! But, we have no reliable information about how she came to be in this position (should I say "prone to be be in this condition" ?), and I am sure we will never have such information.

I agree with other posters who have suggested she was a "fall girl," who'll "take the heat" for "hidden hands," and I reject the hypothesis this is an example of some kind of "budding, young, early entrepreneurial genius, in the field of human body-rental" based on Occam's Razor, aka "horse-sense."

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
  • Like 2

Get back to us when you've been here a while, Davey-boy...hope the shock of your awakening doesn't do any permanent damage...

Undercover agents pretended to solicit sex arranged by the girl, who was charging THB2,000 each for two other underage girls aged 14 and 16

The girls were arrested immediately..

This sounds like a huge ring indeed. So glad they shut it down now and arrested the girls involved . Send all these harlots to the monkey house. whistling.gif

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 2

This is a logical fallacy: the "burden of proof" falls upon the one advancing a hypothetical explanation, proposing a theory, accusing someone of a crime, etc.

These rather "abstract" remarks do not mean that I do not the find the situation of 14 year old girl running a prostitution ring heinous: I do ! But, we have no reliable information about how she came to be in this position (should I say "prone to be be in this condition" ?), and I am sure we will never have such information.

I agree with other posters who have suggested she was a "fall girl," who'll "take the heat" for "hidden hands," and I reject the hypothesis this is an example of some kind of "budding, young, early entrepreneurial genius, in the field of human body-rental" based on Occam's Razor, aka "horse-sense."

~o:37;

no no no. If you are saying he is wrong, prove it. Right "the burden of proof" you have the burden of proof to prove that the stats he has quoted are wrong.

• Like 1