Translating (Or Finding Translations Of) Lyrics?

anblick

So my reading and parroting is good enough that with a bit of repetition and work I can sing along with simple pop songs by following the karaoke ... but I often have no idea what the lyrics mean, mostly because my vocab for words and phrases that don't directly relate to food is pretty weak.

I thought I remembered seeing a link in here for a collection of songs with translated lyrics, but searching has failed me. Does such a translation exist? Or if not, do I have any hope typing the Thai lyrics into google translate and making sense of the result? Or is this a completely flawed approach and I should go back to children's books (probably more practical, but less fun and less mnemonic)?

Go to this page:

http://womenlearntha.../learning-thai/

Under the section "Thai music and language learning sites…" there are 3 websites listed. I haven't used any of them, so I have no idea on their content. Though 2 of the websites claim at least some English translations.

Cheers!

Edited by starrdog

wow that site's a great resource - thanks! Lots of great links in there.

I haven't found any translations in the few songs I've checked out, but simply having the lyrics transcribed as selectable text and broken into words I'm sure will be useful.