Help Pond Leak!

hi all

The water in my pond keeps going down overnight. not by a little but by a lot. I obviously have a leak! It is a concrete pond with no liner in it. I have noticed a small crack in the floor where the pond goes from the shallow part to the deep part. is there a resin/spray I can use to seal it??

There is a two part epoxy resin available that is specifically for sealing water leaks. It can even be applied under water. I've used it numerous times and it actually works. I buy mine at Home Pro, specifically says for water leaks with a picture of plumbing on the package, hanging in the glue department . It's a cylinder with the glue on the inside, white, and the hardener, green, on the outside. It can't be sprayed on, you would have to mix it and force it into the crack and smooth it over with a putty knife. It hardens quickly after mixing so if use use it fast and only mix one tube at a time. I temporarally fixed some leaks when I bulit my house 12 years ago with intent to repair them correctly at a later date. That date hasn't come yet since they still don't leak and I don't attempt to fix something that is working.

The problem with a concrete crack is that it is very difficult to stop it from extending. If it was metal or plastic you could stop it by drilling a hole at the end, I'm not sure if the would work with concrete. If it was me, I would try it. Good luck.

There is a two part epoxy resin available that is specifically for sealing water leaks. It can even be applied under water. I've used it numerous times and it actually works. I buy mine at Home Pro, specifically says for water leaks with a picture of plumbing on the package, hanging in the glue department . It's a cylinder with the glue on the inside, white, and the hardener, green, on the outside. It can't be sprayed on, you would have to mix it and force it into the crack and smooth it over with a putty knife. It hardens quickly after mixing so if use use it fast and only mix one tube at a time. I temporarally fixed some leaks when I bulit my house 12 years ago with intent to repair them correctly at a later date. That date hasn't come yet since they still don't leak and I don't attempt to fix something that is working.

The problem with a concrete crack is that it is very difficult to stop it from extending. If it was metal or plastic you could stop it by drilling a hole at the end, I'm not sure if the would work with concrete. If it was me, I would try it. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. you dont have the name do you?

Sorry, I went and looked but only have the clesr palstic tube that it is stored in. I threw away the package but I have bought some recently so it should be available. You can just pinch off a little and put the unsed back into the tube since it's not mixed it doesn't harden.

Sorry, I went and looked but only have the clesr palstic tube that it is stored in. I threw away the package but I have bought some recently so it should be available. You can just pinch off a little and put the unsed back into the tube since it's not mixed it doesn't harden.

thanks i will go to home pro after work

thanks i will go to home pro after work

You can also look for one with the name ALTECO on the tube.

Works well and has a 10 to 15 min working time before it goes hard.