Rampant & Blatant Drug Use Among Farangs

HardenedSoul

When people have gone to the point of using drugs every day the days after their drug of choice becomes unavailable for whatever reason are often a filled with displays of hostility to anyone or anything.

A good example is the Thai youth and Yabba, however the same apply's to all addicts worldwide.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When people have gone to the point of using drugs every day the days after their drug of choice becomes unavailable for whatever reason are often a filled with displays of hostility to anyone or anything.

A good example is the Thai youth and Yabba, however the same apply's to all addicts worldwide.

I'm like that with Thaivisa

Or alcoholics same same different name. Prices of drugs would come down with legalisation but you will still have crime because some people can't handle drugs. Just like not everyone who drinks alcohol becomes an alcoholic, not everyone who does drugs becomes an addict.

I have done a few xanax the last week to sleep, but i heard benzo's can be a real hard habit to kick so i am careful. But why who are people who are careful punished because others can't handle them. I am pretty sure there are many members here on Thaivisa who for instance use them to sleep at times. They are a drug too, but some of us can handle them but still can't buy them legally.

yes true im not saying that alchos dont steal rob ext but you are more than likely to get robbed by a junkie than a drunk,drunks get drunk pass out junkies are far more dangerous on a high bouncing of walls add syndrome who would you trust a harmless drunk or a junkie just saying?? i did state that alcohol and ciggys are the 2 most deadly and dangerous drugs out there,and have there different social problems but anyone hooked on hard drugs are a lot more dangerous than the average drunk.

I don't understand how you haven't absorbed the fact that what you're talking about is true only because of the prohibition factor. If these other drugs were legal like alcohol then they would be cheap like alcohol, in some cases much cheaper, and then those addicted to drugs other than alcohol would also not need to resort to crime to get their fix.

And the violent crime and corruption of the distribution networks would be gone.

Treating it as a medical problem, even supplying it for free and providing food and shelter to the addicts would be a tiny fraction of the costs spent on prisons and other "war on drugs" tactics, which aren't working anyway.

yes true and in my original quote i said i would decriminalize a lot of drugs,take away the criminal element as prohibition worked for alcohol,yes i like a drink its legal,i love a smoke as well but never do in thailand,the consequences in me turning up for work with drugs in my system bye bye i dont risk it.the risks in thailand no thanks.And as for cheap someone posted the prices of certain drugs in thailand and thats no where near what i would spend on a night out on the piss,