Huge Bag Of Coins. Where To Exchange?

Don't feel embarassed, when you ask whoever to change the coins they'll realise immediately that you're a cheap bastard and make allowances for it.

And with that I'm signing-off from this forum of irritating no-hopers for good.

Chok f'kin dee!

Glad to hear that!

Why not put them into the next donation box you see? Seen such boxes in most shopping centers and that is the place where I get rid of excessive coins.

On a related topic, I've got a couple of 1.5 liter water bottles filled with coins from emptying my pockets each night, but I've been reluctant to donate them anywhere for fear I'd be "donating" to a less than legitimate box only to be emptied by a local Mafia every once in awhile.

Any suggestions where I could take them to donate? Been toying with the idea of just handing them to a guy that panhandles in front of the office every day, but I'd be willing to take the effort to dump them into a legitimate donation box...

Asoke area. BTW.

Edited by impulse

Why not put them into the next donation box you see? Seen such boxes in most shopping centers and that is the place where I get rid of excessive coins.

On a related topic, I've got a couple of 1.5 liter water bottles filled with coins from emptying my pockets each night, but I've been reluctant to donate them anywhere for fear I'd be "donating" to a less than legitimate box only to be emptied by a local Mafia every once in awhile.

Any suggestions where I could take them to donate? Been toying with the idea of just handing them to a guy that panhandles in front of the office every day, but I'd be willing to take the effort to dump them into a legitimate donation box...

Asoke area. BTW.

Tesco lotus have donation boxes and I don't think the mafia run them

Change it to notes (its nice to make an effort) and give it to a charity you would like to support

Change it to notes and find out how many security/cleaners/admin work in your condo building/office and arrange to buy them lunch

If you do not want the money put it some good use for some decent people who make an effort and work for relatively little

How about the bank.

Or are you just trying to take the rise.

Get a rise? There have been several topics of this nature and all reflecting the difficulty of a bank to take them. And if they do, they charge for it. The same reports indicate 7-11 is a good choice as they always need small coins.

Don't be shy. A lot of smaller shops and 7-11 will gladly take them in payment or exchange.

I've heard customer service desks in large supermarkets will exchange them.

I know the treasury under our local governors building will exchange them without charge. That's where the local shopkeepers buy their bags of coins.

Don't be shy. A lot of smaller shops and 7-11 will gladly take them in payment or exchange.

I've heard customer service desks in large supermarkets will exchange them.

I know the treasury under our local governors building will exchange them without charge. That's where the local shopkeepers buy their bags of coins.

Yes as Farma says don't be shy - it's a great way to practice your Thai as well. Instead of just handing over a note every time, try and listen to how much they ask and stand there counting out the coins. I haven't had any bad looks from other customers or staff and I think many appreciate it instead of having to count loads of coins to give you change.