B2 Hotel In Chiangmai. Anybody Been There ? Very Cheap N Good As Said ?

Maneerath

I went to B2 about 2 years ago, the one north of Chang Puak gate.

Room wasn't too small, about 30 square meters or so.

Everything was clean and new inside, somewhat stylish too with polished concrete walls and artificial turf lining the hallways.

Comfortable lighting (not that cheap fluorescent stuff), windows with venetian blinds. Don't remember how the bedding was but all new materials.

I think wifi was free too.

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed, especially at that price. Good luck.

I think the price was about 800-900THB per night, K. Maneerath.

It's not in the old city, but you can easily get to Chang Puak gate within 5 minutes, or head the other way to Nimmanhaemin within 10 minutes (depending on traffic).

Thats so kind of you all. I got myself booked in B2 Nimman. I guess thats new one ? B2 Nimman Premier ? It has only around 20 rooms ? Seems v nice too. Quite and very near to Nimman road at the walking distance of not even 5 minutes. Actually when I called for booking and the staff advice me for this branch and they said I'm lucky coz it was last 2 rooms available. Thank you so much for all your kind replies and guides. Now before new year I guess I have an urgent meeting which will be held in chiangrai in few days and I heard there have B2 too. Will get you friends updated how B2 chiangrai would b. Good day all :)

Stayed at Thipanetr-Market a year ago or so.

English is (same at other B2-locations, as I know from my research) virtually non-existent, and the staff are rather unwelcoming to non-Thais. In fact, they were the least friendly of any hotel-staff I encountered in Thailand ( and I have seen 200+ Hotels in Thailand).

The

rooms at the Thipanetr-branch were surprisingly big and ectually quite nice. cheap finishings though, expect those hot4els to fall apart wiothin 10 years. but for the Thipanetr-B2 I paid just 500 THB which was great value.

free WiFi too, even though their password- system is annoying and the front-desk staff are not flexible with it at all.

other locations are less convenient, but the Thipanetr-Branch is great and therefore, fully booked almost every day.

there is another one, recently opened, in convenient location near Nimmanhaemin in a small Soi behind the Kad Suan Kaew. But I understand this is a "B2-Premier" and will be more expensive.

• Like 1

well I think its because Thai people who r not so much in to english are mostly scared to talk to foreignors :) though it shouldn't have been like that more in hotel bizz .... Thank you for confirming about the rooms. I surely would have best time in my new year this year at B2 Hotel kha. And there is another branch also opened up after Nimman B2 Premier. Its in soi opposite of Withayalai Kru Chiangmai in soi Sirinthorn.That won't be as expensive as premier I guess ???

I just stayed at B2 Bangkok. Happy and enjoyed the stay. It was a business trip and the location was very good for us. Staff were good and the sleeping was best of all. Once awake in the morning feel complete relax from work tensions. Will stay B2 again.

In Chiang Mai B2 is buying up older and non profitable hotels, touching them up some and trying their luck

They seem to be clean and decent. and as I have seem priced in the 500 Bt range. But I have seen signs all in Thai that say lower prices

Are there other and lower priced hotels, yes. Some better and some not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Chiang Mai B2 is buying up older and non profitable hotels, touching them up some and trying their luck

They seem to be clean and decent. and as I have seem priced in the 500 Bt range. But I have seen signs all in Thai that say lower prices

Are there other and lower priced hotels, yes. Some better and some not.

Virtually all B2-Hotels are BRAND NEW constructions, and they are all the same (which makes construction easier and cheaper).

The only one I know which was already an existing hotel before was the Best Western at Canal Road, which is now a "B2-Premier".

But I am quite sure ALL of the actual B2-Budget - Hotels are newly constructed. Same in Bangkok - all brand-new buildings, popping up within just a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...