There Was A Time...

Teak

There was a time.....when you could go to a shop with a few pennies, and get a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, some sweets a watermelon and a brand new bike.

But today not a chance...............there,s just way too many surveilllance cameras.

sorry OP thought this was a good old days thread...

• Like 2

when you could eat python while sitting across from a live bear at the Jungle Food restaurant on Moon Muang.

Nothing compares to the good old days, when we could watch and enjoy the suffering, torment and torture of animals for our entertainment pleasure and hope those times never come back again.

• Like 1

when you could eat python while sitting across from a live bear at the Jungle Food restaurant on Moon Muang

Must be before my time. I know girls called Tiger, Rat, Kat (cat) and Nat (Gnat) but no Python.

Maybe Python has moved on, and perhaps you should too. Try catching up with this decade (or millenium in this case). Are you also nostalgic about the HIV, Dysentery, Thyphoid and few other nasty things prevalent at the time

Eh by gum there was a time.

When I were a lad I was happier then and I had nothing and used to dream of sitting eating python.

You were lucky. I were ate by th' python.....

But I didn't grumble.....

Edited by MESmith

There was a time when the girl friend effect was a well known and much enjoyed social phenonenon and suggesting short time was unheard of, even an insult. Times change, seems though rarely for the better except perhaps for perception of metrosexual males.

There was a time when my Mum would tell me 'Don't play near drains, you will catch Diphtheria '. Scared the bloody life out of me and I've never liked drains since !

But you've never caught Diptheria thumbsup.gif

My mum was wrong on the "don't pick your nose your head will cave in" though and something about "you'll go blind".

Edited by mamborobert

Eh by gum there was a time.

When I were a lad I was happier then and I had nothing and used to dream of sitting eating python.

You were lucky. I were ate by th' python.....

But I didn't grumble.....

Well, when I say dream of eating a python, I was of course referring to a python who had just eaten a man!

There was a time when my Mum would tell me 'Don't play near drains, you will catch Diphtheria '. Scared the bloody life out of me and I've never liked drains since !

I always wish I'd listened to what my mum said when I was a lad.

• Like 1