Obama Won - Where To Go For Celebratory Drinks?

benever

So let me get this straight, you are wanting to celebrate the Obama victory because he brought no change whatsoever that you can believe in and will bring more of the same, because he kept the same corrupt bankers running every important aspect of the economy, because he didn't close the Cuba torture base, because he maintained the Bush wars, because the national deficit has grown to the point of actually being unrepayable, because he managed to shift the unemployed into different categories to pretend to reduce unemployment, because the rich are getting richer and everyone else poorer and because he is a money printer?

Or is it just that his opponent Romney was a sleazebag with basically the same pro-Wall St policies who didn't like to pay tax and got rich closing companies and laughing while firing people and whose sole goal seemed to be nuking Iran?

Has the possibility, ever sparingly passed through your consciousness that Democrats and Republicans are bought and paid for (look at the donors) by the same rich oligarchs as their lapdogs and that the entire election process is thus a fraud where it doesn't even matter who wins and the winner will never be you or your country? Just saying, and congratulations on your victory, it must be very exciting.

Feel better ? Lol beer time!

Is there a party of some sort planned in Bangkok? In a bar?

Not to my knowledge. Why? Bangkok is in Thailand, can't imagine anyone living in Thailand would care who "won" an election on the other side of the globe. rolleyes.gif

Maybe anyone who draws a check such as social security or military or both. I have no idea what will happen to the value of the dollar with Qforever, because most countries including LOS are manipulating the value of currency. No idea. Now the WH and the Treasury and the Fed are free to print another $6 tril in money over the next 4 years.

Can't say I know Romney would have been different, just that I have some concerns about the value of my retirement long term. I just bought a little more gold and silver for a "what the heck" move. Can't even say that is wise. It's like we're adrift in a storm.

So let me get this straight, you are wanting to celebrate the Obama victory because he brought no change whatsoever that you can believe in and will bring more of the same, because he kept the same corrupt bankers running every important aspect of the economy, because he didn't close the Cuba torture base, because he maintained the Bush wars, because the national deficit has grown to the point of actually being unrepayable, because he managed to shift the unemployed into different categories to pretend to reduce unemployment, because the rich are getting richer and everyone else poorer and because he is a money printer?

Or is it just that his opponent Romney was a sleazebag with basically the same pro-Wall St policies who didn't like to pay tax and got rich closing companies and laughing while firing people and whose sole goal seemed to be nuking Iran?

Has the possibility, ever sparingly passed through your consciousness that Democrats and Republicans are bought and paid for (look at the donors) by the same rich oligarchs as their lapdogs and that the entire election process is thus a fraud where it doesn't even matter who wins and the winner will never be you or your country? Just saying, and congratulations on your victory, it must be very exciting.

Don't worry, those 47% relying on government handouts will eventually get burned under the hell fires of economic forces once the dollars value gets destroyed and inflation takes hold. And Obama will guide you there.

• Like 2

No offense, mate, but <deleted> is a "far right fascist?"

Would be nice if you actually wanted to discuss the substance of a comment for once rather than picking at nits, but OK. I assume your attempted point is that "fascism" is always conservative?

In fact the term has never had a clear, widely agreed-upon definition since it became pejorative, but if you look at the history of its origins in Italy, it was not only a right-wing ideology.

Personally I use it to imply the desire for a large degree of authoritarian government intervention in both social and economic affairs, the desire for centralized control, including of the health system and schooling, a focus on law and order, often including pro-gun control policies.

As you can see, many of these ideas are not necessarily corresponding to what most think of as conservative "right-wing" ideas, hence my use of the latter as a qualifier.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

No offense, mate, but <deleted> is a "far right fascist?"

Would be nice if you actually wanted to discuss the substance of a comment for once rather than picking at nits, but OK. I assume your attempted point is that "fascism" is always conservative?

In fact the term has never had a clear, widely agreed-upon definition since it became pejorative, but if you look at the history of its origins in Italy, it was not only a right-wing ideology.

Personally I use it to imply the desire for a large degree of authoritarian government intervention in both social and economic affairs, the desire for centralized control, including of the health system and schooling, a focus on law and order, often including pro-gun control policies.

As you can see, many of these ideas are not necessarily corresponding to what most think of as conservative "right-wing" ideas, hence my use of the latter as a qualifier.

No, we agree completely it appears. I always believed it was some of each. Part of it is right wing and part left wing. Thus, the question.

If you elide the zeroes of the US Budget it is like a family making 60K a year and spending 100K a year for the last 4 years. Yes, it did not start with Obama but the total deficit has increased by about 33% in 4 years. My SS starts in about 10 years but what will $ 2000 a month be worth when a loaf of bread costs $ 10 ? By the way a loaf of bread now costs $ 3, was $ 2 four years ago. It's real folks, there will have to be a reset of the USD sooner or later, it's mathematically impossible for America to reconcile its debt.

• Like 1

Ok yes i agree with most of what you have said. I do think the presidents that are elected are bought and paid for by the people who put them there in the first place and yes Obama hasn't made any real change in his first four years, but just look at what he had inherited of Bush.

Yes the deficit has increased but in the end of the day America is in this hole because of the long term plans they have put in place. Obama sees that the only way to fix this properly is to do it from the roots and work your way up. He's trying to tackle the fundamentals, he wants to improve education, improve healthcare and most importantly, he wants to close the gap between the rich and the poor. In order to do this he needs to have everyone behind him to pass these plans through, but he is fighting a lone fight. I do not think Obama is the greatest president, but for the hand he has dealt he is laying the foundations for the next sets of presidents to prosper from, where as Romney would have sent it all back to the bush administration.

Yes the whole process is corrupt and mostly ineffective for the average joe, but at least he's trying to look at the overall future of the US and not just his 8 year term. In the end of the day, this is the only some what of a working system that we the US has. If you think you or anyone else can fix what Bush left behind in just 4 years, then you obviously have no clue on how the economy works.

So let me get this straight, you are wanting to celebrate the Obama victory because he brought no change whatsoever that you can believe in and will bring more of the same, because he kept the same corrupt bankers running every important aspect of the economy, because he didn't close the Cuba torture base, because he maintained the Bush wars, because the national deficit has grown to the point of actually being unrepayable, because he managed to shift the unemployed into different categories to pretend to reduce unemployment, because the rich are getting richer and everyone else poorer and because he is a money printer? Or is it just that his opponent Romney was a sleazebag with basically the same pro-Wall St policies who didn't like to pay tax and got rich closing companies and laughing while firing people and whose sole goal seemed to be nuking Iran? Has the possibility, ever sparingly passed through your consciousness that Democrats and Republicans are bought and paid for (look at the donors) by the same rich oligarchs as their lapdogs and that the entire election process is thus a fraud where it doesn't even matter who wins and the winner will never be you or your country? Just saying, and congratulations on your victory, it must be very exciting.

Very sad but here is the reality:

From 2011 - Why did S&P Downgrad the US:

U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000

Federal budget: $3,820,000,000,000

New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000

National debt: $14,271,000,000,000

Recent [April] budget cut: $ 38,500,000,000

Remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:

Annual family income: $21,700

Money the family spent: $38,200

New debt on the credit card: $16,500

Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710