2 Day Extension Possible?

O.K. Here I go again after just wasting half an our writing just so thaivisa forum can make it disappear in a second!

I was wondering if it might be possible to ask the folks at Chaing Wattana if they would please give me 2 extra days on the 30-day extension of my single entry tourist visa so I won't have to waste the 1900 baht. This is because I will be going on a free flight into Malaysia for 3 days as part of a 10 day teaching gig that I'm going on. I doubt that its possible though,right ?

Edited by taiwanatoa

I don't believe you can get an extension on an extension, as a general rule but even if you could, you'd still have to pay the 1,900 baht. If you are talking about requesting this at the time of getting your 30-day extension then my guess is they will still say no because they have to go by the rules/guidelines and if they could it would be considered a different extension (1900 baht) because you are only entitled to a 30-day extension. Even if they stamped it 32, it would likely be looked at as a mistake and you'd still face an overstay fine at the airport.

Even if you could get an extension, I'd really consider not and just paying the 1,000 baht fine at the airport when you fly out. Not only cheaper but saves wasting hours getting to and from and waiting around at immigration.

By they way, my guess is you will actually be 3-days over as the way they calculate always seems to short a day. But still 1,500 (3 days x 500) is still cheaper than 1900.

Edited by Nisa

O.K. Here I go again after just wasting half an our writing just so thaivisa forum can make it disappear in a second!

It took you a half hour to write "hello"? That is all your previous post had in it, one word, and as such had no question to answer.

Last year I got a 7 day extension to my 30 day extension of a 2 month single entry tourist visa. It cost 1900 baht. If you do go in there and ask for a free two days please take a video of their reaction.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Good information to know. I didn't think you could extend and extension but based on your experience and this link (http://www.thaivisa.com/applying-for-extension-of-tourist-visa.html), it certainly appears you can.

I guess the question now is if immigration would do both extensions at the same time and not make the OP come back but either way he is going to have to pay 1900 twice if he goes this route.

The 7 days to depart is provided but it is not an extension of stay but only an allowance for a disapproved application. Yes it costs 1,900 baht and might require show of ticket to be sure you can actually depart within that time period but it has been routinely issued for the last several years.

• Like 1