Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you based?

Where are the family from?

Isaan

Isaan

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Big place is Isaan. coffee1.gif

Yes it is. Not following the pertinance of the question.

Some here are trying to help you rolleyes.gif , WHERE IN ISAAN are you, we don't want your address, just an idea. sad.png .

So a 2 bedroom town house or the like is about 4k THB a month - kick your SIL husband into touch

1 - make him rent a house

2 - put him on a plane back to where he can work

3 - make him send cash every month

4 - Enjoy your life!

To the OP

Go on holiday for a month (or two), only taking the car and your wallet with you.

Everyone will soon get the hint, and your wife can phone you to let you know when they have all gone. Don't pay any bills, or hand over/leave any money for running costs when you are away.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

My partner is a Thai. the advise is that your proplem is your wife, as she has brought this problem to your house and without doubt she needs to remove the problem, if not then she loves the sister more than you.. understand!! rolleyes.gif

Had a similar situation a few years back with the (now) ex wife. Made my feelings clear, the ex did the dirty work and they moved in with MIL. The BIL in my case was Lao but same situation. I think the OP's wife needs to tell her sister to get out. If I was the OP I would definitely make the Farang BIL feel uncomfortable and tell him the score. As for taking care of the kids....NO WAY!

• Like 1

My partner is a Thai. the advise is that your proplem is your wife, as she has brought this problem to your house and without doubt she needs to remove the problem, if not then she loves the sister more than you.. understand!! rolleyes.gif

They will ALWAYS love a family member more than you until SHE steps back and looks at HER future prospects. It takes time to work out but unless she is totally brain dead then the correct solution will prevail.

They will ALWAYS love a family member more than you until SHE steps back and looks at HER future prospects. It takes time to work out but unless she is totally brain dead then the correct solution will prevail.

Yeah, the correct solution, but maybe one the OP doesn't like.

I would change the topic title if i could :" Another sad story from Isaan "

When will they learn ? .. Ah, well, another plane load is coming.coffee1.gif

As a Farang I would take the 'other Farang' to one side and give him the message in very plain and understandable terms with a cut off date for your 'help'. If they don't move out by the day specified remove all their kit out into the road.

As previously stated, your wife will always put her family before you, the Alien Farang, who is merely tolerated because you are financing the whole tribe. Sorry, but you have to man up and take the bull by the horns as your wife is never going to throw her sister and kids out. Indeed, it's tough, but she would rather throw you out first.

• Like 1

"it's been good having you around but me and the wife need our space. I know a guy who can give you some work and know of a cheap place to rent not too far from here ..." if no response ,.. "I tried to help but I can only do so much...we are going away for the weekend and need you to be out when we return".... Still there on return... " times up... I have a friend coming to move your stuff to a 2k p/m room that I got you but your on your own after that.... " or just leave and move to Hawaii

Yeah, the correct solution, but maybe one the OP doesn't like.

I would change the topic title if i could :" Another sad story from Isaan "

When will they learn ? .. Ah, well, another plane load is coming.coffee1.gif

Dude. Lame post. Great value add. Just move along Ol' Wise One.

Sounds like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place there fella.

Is everyone in the household aware of how you are feeling or have you only discussed it with your wife?

Have let everyone know. Since wife seems to want to put it up to me, I've just laid out to her the end goal of them getting their own place and transport. Period. Next is to decide on near term date.