Border Open 7 Days A Week?

I need to do a border run again soon.

Since I have a double entry visa at present, and still one entry left to be used, I figured I'd just do the poipet Cambodia run.

It's been about 3 years since the last time I did this run at Poipet, and I'm trying to remember if they are open all 7 days of the week or not.

I was thinking about going there on Sunday morning, but are the only open on the week? or all 7 days?

2 other questions about the run as well

1. I will probably get the bus there leaving from in front of Lumpini Park. What time does the bus depart from Lumpini for Poipet? Seems to me it was somewhere around 2-4 am, but I don't remember what time exactly.

2. What is the standard amount, in baht, to pay for the Cambodian visa at the border? I think it was either 700 or 800 last time I was there, but the exchange rate has changed a bit since then, and so I figured I'd ask again. I know there are some fakeish cops there that will try and jack up the price, so I want to go in knowing the exact correct amount to give them.

Border crossing are open 7 days a week 365 days a year.

I think it is $20 or 800 baht for visa. You can also get visa online for $25 but only use the .go site not a .com site.

Somebody else will have to answer the bus questions.

I wouldn't bother with those "gambling buses" heading for the Cambodian border near Lumpini park. There may only be one, or no buses departing at all when you want to go, and from what I've heard they only depart real early in the morning, like 5am or something. Plus where do you get information about those buses? I've tried, and nobody I've asked knew a thing. They're probably also real slow and I wouldn't be surprised if they took 6hours to reach the border rather than 3.

Do the sensible thing and catch a "Talat Rong Kleua" bound minivan from the Victory Monument. Minibuses depart every hour from 4am to about 6pm or (maybe 8pm) , even if they only have a couple of passengers although the last vans wouldn't get you there in time to make the border crossing, which closes at 8pm. At only 230 Baht and taking as little as 3 hours (though usually 3.5-4), they are definately the way to go. Buses from the Kampaeng Phet Road northern bus terminal will take around 5 hours and offer less comfort for about the same price or even more.

Edited by Tomtomtom69