Krabi Tourism Hit By Dutch Video Clip

webfact

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on that father cos I would hunt this scum down and take care of him myself he would be begging to to jail.

Its great to see hundreds of comments on that video from disgruntled thais as well as falangs and I would suggest we all add it to our facebook pages and share it, maybe this might be the thing that makes the powers that be wake up and see people are tired of this bullshit.

The thought of one of my daughters being raped enrages me and I would like a few minutes with this scum anyway lets share this video and get it out there as its time Thailand realized they have to act and act fast whenever a tourist is assaulted killed raped or robbed and push it through fast.

DK

I agree with everything you said, except the the word tourist in your last sentence needs to be replaced with "anyone". Differentiating by creed, colour or nationality whether through price, perception or applied laws is part of the problem. Thai or foreign, local expat or tourist, it ought not to make a difference in a civilized culture.

Edited by Pomthai

It surprises me that there hasn't been a government dick yet who has announced that they will file a case in court against the singer.

But...if he ever comes to Thailand, he'll no doubt be pulled aside at immigration as I'm certain he's been flagged, unfortunately.

If it were my duagher I would just go to krabi and shoot him through the head, I wouldnt care how long i spent in jail

And based on the case here in Chiang Mai where the Aussie executed an American you would only be senteced to 2.5 years which the Aussie was sentenced and served his measly 2.5 years and was set free bah.gif for a execution killing

sick sick sick SHAME ON THAILAND

A very clever way to expose the Thai 'justice' system. I hope this method is copied by both Farangs & Thais who have experienced the lack of real justice, both through the corrupt police force & courts taking bribes.

What about 'The amart kwai from Kratheng Daeng' & so on?

Thailand needs to learn that the social world is upon us and this face saving crap and injustice system that is in place here just will not be able to avoid more of this sort of thing. I wish more people had the motivation to do videos like this and I hope the video has enough views to prove it's point.

I consider face saving to be a form of cowardice. It is an excuse to not deal with the issues, and the problems at hand. It is an excuse to not look within, and to not do the kind of inner soul searching that leads to problem solving. It is a disgraceful way to face life, and only the strongest people in the LOS realize that, and overcome that. It is a social weakness, and a crippling disease, that has to be exorcised from the society, if it is to evolve, grow, and improve. If one feels OK about one's self, who cares what others think, right? Just my opinion, for what it is worth. Obviously I feel strongly about this.

• Like 1

I really like the way this is handled by the Dutch father. But 81.000 views (and few of me too) is not that much. If it reaches a few million it will be good. Hope Dutch television is going to take an interest too. Thais need to learn a lesson at times that you cant treat tourist like shit.

This can have a real impact on local business if substantial number of views are from potential tourists goggling "krabi" when planning their holidays.

congratulation Mr. Dutchman clap2.gif

finally someone teach these lazy corrupt a-holes a good lesson, I really hope they are losing money

it seems the only working weapon when fighting these scum bags, make it all to public, post it on youtube and everywhere else, make people aware of the real Land of FAKE Smile

this story was on Thai national radio this morning. Seems like it's going to acheive its desired effect.

There are already hundreds of comments on this youtube video - a great majority expressing deep dis-satisfaction with the Thai police in general (and thats being as polite as I can put it).

Everyone (well most) wants to see a change but feel helpless as the problems are so deep-rooted.

Thailand loves foreigners money, but does it love foreigners ?

• Like 1

If it were my duagher I would just go to krabi and shoot him through the head, I wouldnt care how long i spent in jail

No doubt you feel really macho for a few minutes until the Thai police started kicking you in the nuts but would it be a comfort to your daughter that you spend years clanking chains around death row in Thailand?

• Like 1

No doubt you feel really macho for a few minutes until the Thai police started kicking you in the nuts but would it be a comfort to your daughter that you spend years clanking chains around death row in Thailand?

You obviously dont have kids

• Like 1

Whether you have kids or not taking the law into your own hands is not a practical solution for your family, even you are happy to throw away your own life.

I am a little surprised, with the money spent on that film clip that this rapist has not been dealt with , "Thai Style".

It's not expensive at all to make such a clip.

You can record it with a smart phone or a smart camera and a program

to edit it. Very simple.

Power to the People.

Edited by Wilhelmus01

The rapist's sister offered to pay off the victim. . . Supposedly she owns a restaurant in Krabi. . Does anyone have any info on that? PM me if you do. I would like to know ; ) . . Anyone have any luck finding this rapists FB page? I know he has one, it would be interesting to know what it is. Let's keep the pressure on.

The bar of his sister is the wellknown Coconutbar in Ao Nang

according a article in a Dutch newspaper.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, it is probably pervasive throughout Thailand. A friend of mine lived in an apartment complex and right next to it there was a private one street housing complex. He used to walk up and down the street at night. Now, there is both a gate and a sign that says no trespassing but when the gate is open or at night you cannot see it. One night wearing only shorts and a shirt he went walking as usual. As he was walking thru the gate someone grabbed him from behind and refused to let him go. The guy pointed to the sign. My friend read it and apologized and tried to walk away. The guy kept holding him so my friend pushed him away and took off. Just before he tried to enter the parking lot of the apartment complex another guy with a 6 foot cane branch pole ran up to him and attacked him with the pole repeatedly hitting him in the head.

Keep in mind he was no where near the complex. And not only that but there were half a dozen witnesses to the attack.

Long story short someone called the cops and they took him away to the pd. While there he repeatedly asked for medical attention and was laughed at. The guy who hit him came and all the cops started talking together as if they were all drinking buddies. He was brought before some cop wearing only a t-shirt who spoke no English. The guy who hits my friend says he will translate. The translation was if my friend promises not to walk there again he can go home. My friend wants to file charges so they throw him in another room. Half an hour later two 'tourist police' show up and everyone repeats their story. Both officers were Thais though not farong. The tourist police say he can file charges but he will go to jail for five years for trespassing. In a Western society with a real justice system the Thai guy would have gone to jail for battery or maybe even attempted murder.

My friend finally gets the message and agrees to forget it ever happened. He could have been killed. Someone told him he was lucky he didn't have to pay a lot of money to the guy who hit him for damaging the cane pole. He went to the hospital and had severe lump on his head and a possible concussion.

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1
  • Like 1

Whether you have kids or not taking the law into your own hands is not a practical solution for your family, even you are happy to throw away your own life.

Like i said you don't have kids so cant understand the statement, many a father would be out of control if that happened to his daughter

I hope that this is truly the tip of the iceberg. The western world has little reference on the actual conditions that prevail in Thailand. Travel agencies do little dilligence and foreign embassys are sickening with regard to the pc manner that they sweep shit under the carpet.

Thailand has a civil war going on in the South, Extensive drug and weapons smuggling on most of its north and North Eastren borders. In all of the high profile toursit areas like Phuket,Bangkok and Pattaya, local and foreign Mafia and corrupt police control and orchestrate no end of vilonce, crime and extorsion. For those visiting these incidents seem like a one off occurance but for those of us living here they are a day to day event to which we become indIferent and often blase.

There is little accountability for Government or authorities and it will stay the same unless we can hit them where it hurts.

In think what this Dutch father has done is commendable and the more videos pertaing to crimes against tourist that can become viral on the internet the better. It is time the outside world came to know the true Thailand and the massive fallacy of how they promote themselves to potential visitors.

Krabi was as Hua Hin , one of the more sedate and pristine destination for familys and those who wished to enjoy Thailand without the vilonce, sex and debauchery aspect which is truly the only Hub this Nation can currently elude too.

Over the past few years this has been eroded as greed, corruption and disregard and distain for any form of law becomes common place .. This can oly happen in Krabi under the same conditions that it happens in Pattaya. The inmates run the institution. These groups could not operate with impunity nor would an individual such as a rapist if they felt that they could not deal with what has to pass as police in this country.

• Like 2

Yes well done to the father, this is yet another sick crime that happens all round this Buddist country ! Last month attempted rape by taxi driver in Samui, month before another attack on Ko Phangan. these are what we hear about, how many more do we not.

Really after 7 odd years living here im believing it has always being going on but with technology etc today its getting blogged on social media sites and now a father who is a singer makes a video.

Thailand its time you grow up and stop covering up, the info is getting out there and the authorities, pol, local govt, are then forced to respond and take action !

TAT, yea you, should be advising tourists of the risks not just the Embassies, or is the price you might pay too high ?

Way to go Dad.....great dad and great video.

If Thailand is ever to wake up and come out of it's vile corrupt ways and utter dislike and racism towards the "farang" then surely it will be through social media.

I truly hope more people with bad experiences from Thailand will post similar videos. The only way to make the Thai authorities face their responsibilities towards their tourist guests is in their pockets.