Nature Paths Near Pattya.

infinity11

Round the back of Wat Yang there's a nature reserve in the jungle.

Also past Khao Chee Chan there's a nature reserve.

Or head for Khao Khiew.

OK Thank you.

Do I google or might you have specific directions, instructions, locations etc...?

I have no idea what or where these are.

Firstly about how far from Pattaya is each of these?

The paths up to and around the view-point and Big Buddha at Pratumnak Hill are nice and not too far of a walk from C Pattaya.

You can sometimes walk from the lighthouse to the top of the Hill and hardly see another soul.

There is a big park area just behind where they are building the new Axis condo at the top of Thappraya Road but the only way to get to it seems to be to walk all the way round to Big Buddha and back again. They have built loads of children's play toys but the place is empty (maybe because no one can get to it). I did find walking around there a bit creepy because it is so quiet (and maybe dangerous at night).

The paths up to and around the view-point and Big Buddha at Pratumnak Hill are nice and not too far of a walk from C Pattaya.

You can sometimes walk from the lighthouse to the top of the Hill and hardly see another soul.

I'll second that. You can walk all the way from the lighthouse to the far end of Big Buddha hill. Find a place to park and go explore for yourself.

Round the back of Wat Yang there's a nature reserve in the jungle.

Also past Khao Chee Chan there's a nature reserve.

Or head for Khao Khiew.

OK Thank you.

Do I google or might you have specific directions, instructions, locations etc...?

I have no idea what or where these are.

Firstly about how far from Pattaya is each of these?

To get to Wat Yang head out of Pattaya to the South along Sukhumvit road. Go past Ban Amphur and the road to Phoenix Golf Course and the next junction is Wat Yangsangwararam turning. Follow the road all the way to the Wat and once inside the grounds take a right through the car park and follow the twisty road up the hill. At a sharp left turn there is a gate on your right which is the entrance to the reserve. I think you can park just a bit farther along the road.

To get to Khao Chee Chan, it's the next junction on Sukhumvit past Wat Yang and is a left turn at traffic lights. Go past Silver Lake and the road starts to rise uphill and along the road on the right is a sign for the nature reserve. There's a lot of wild monkeys in there so be careful/

Khao Khiouw is on highway 7 on the way to Bangkok, take the turning to the golf course. I don't know where along there is the entrance to the trails though.

The 2 to the South are about 25kms from Pattaya, probably 50kms to Khao Khiouw

To get to Khao Chee Chan, it's the next junction on Sukhumvit past Wat Yang and is a left turn at traffic lights. Go past Silver Lake and the road starts to rise uphill and along the road on the right is a sign for the nature reserve. There's a lot of wild monkeys in there so be careful/

There's a thread about this place from 2009 the OP may find helpful:

http://www.thaivisa....rk#entry3113563

Although I have to say in 2009, following the instructions in that thread, I looked for this place TWICE and never found it. All I ever found was a small forestry commission site with all the emphasis on plants. Quite boring and small and dark. No one else there. No monkeys, no lake, not even any birds to speak of.

There's a thread about this place from 2009 the OP may find helpful:

http://www.thaivisa....rk#entry3113563

Although I have to say in 2009, following the instructions in that thread, I looked for this place TWICE and never found it. All I ever found was a small forestry commission site with all the emphasis on plants. Quite boring and small and dark. No one else there. No monkeys, no lake, not even any birds to speak of.

You know what?

I think I had the same exact problem even with very detialed and specific directions.

so i just started my own new thread for 2012. smile.png

But he will also have to drink a lot of beer on the trails.

Not necessarily - I don't.

For the OP: I went out yesterday along highway 331, turned off into some farmland on a dirt trail and followed it for a while then parked the bike and walked up some narrow trails into the hills. It was wonderful. Very quiet and peaceful and I got some fantastic photos later of the sun going down over a temple on a distant hill. Easy to get out and find nice areas without going to designated national parks or reserves.

I find the walk along beach road ,quite exilarating ,there is an abundance of wild life ,in my time i have seen the tatood foreigner ,the short skirted lesser tatood lady of pleasure ,also a large selection of the larger adams appled ladys be carefull these can have a habit of putting their hands into your pockets,you have been warned,, then of course you just have to stop when accosted by the grinning Indian suit seller,these are quite common but only on the other side of the trail.

do beware the lesser spotted boat trip barker though ,they can be a bit annoying .lastly a bit of advice do not give money to the begging cambodian females with babies ,as they are rarely their own ,but just passed around one to the other.

anyway have a good hike and remember all is not what it seems in Pattayaland.tongue.png