Pepsimax Cans Disappearing Quickly

Mekong Bob

Human studies in countries where cyclamate is still available have not shown any definitive negative effects in cyclamate users, who, of course, are not taking the high doses given to rats.

Cyclamate is currently banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for consumption by humans. However, cyclamate is currently being considered for reapproval due to its safe use in other countries.
Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, someone posted that crap again?

Some things wrong with it? Right off the bat it says citric acid, but it's phosphoric acid that allows soda to clean off surface rust and stains.

Furthermore it's not the pH that leeches calcium. Carbonic acid reacts with calcium carbonate to neutralize.

Most of these junk mail facts have very little truth to them to shock people into action.

People already know Water is best, but gah this asinine crap just irks me as people believe stuff like that because it throws a bit of science jargon around.

/rant

All versions of Coke Zero sold in various countries are based on the same flavoring formula, and all are carbonated. 1 liter of Coke Zero contains 100 mg caffeine. However, the exact combination of artificial sweeteners and preservatives used varies from market to market.

[edit]Sweeteners and health concerns

Sodium cyclamate, a relatively inexpensive artificial sweetener banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 1969 and once believed to be a carcinogen, has been used in the Coca-Cola Zero versions produced in Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Venezuela, Chile, and some Central American countries. It was used for a time in Mexico, before a consumer campaign led to its removal from the drink in 2008.[4] In June 2009 Venezuela ordered Coca-Cola to withdraw its Coca-Cola Zero product, as it contained more than the legal levels of sodium cyclamate.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_cyclamate

No, nothing wrong with it at all!

And where did I talk about artificial sweetners? Besides their multitude of studies across various countries showing various results, I still said we know water is best.

A thread about trying to find soda got turned into a personal campaign that included some false information.

Most of us are educated and do not need to have our hands held, one of the many reasons we like living in the country as opposed to the UK, or some city/states like NYC and San Fran,

If would be just as annoying if I spammed every thread regarding chiang mai with information linking the burning season to certain forms of cancer.

• Like 1

Luckily for me, I don't find burgers in Thailand very tempting, although the Duke's or Gecko Garden are better than most.

I agree about burgers with Coke, but an A&W rootbeer is not bad either - there is another brand here that is the pits..

You have to try pickles

Human studies in countries where cyclamate is still available have not shown any definitive negative effects in cyclamate users, who, of course, are not taking the high doses given to rats.

Cyclamate is currently banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for consumption by humans. However, cyclamate is currently being considered for reapproval due to its safe use in other countries.

I believe cyclamate was banned in the states after tests showing that if you drank a case of orange pop in it every day for ten years you stood a chance of getting cancer.

Best to stick with Pepsi Max Can't be taking chances like that

• Like 1

Some things wrong with it? Right off the bat it says citric acid, but it's phosphoric acid that allows soda to clean off surface rust and stains.

Furthermore it's not the pH that leeches calcium. Carbonic acid reacts with calcium carbonate to neutralize.

Most of these junk mail facts have very little truth to them to shock people into action.

People already know Water is best, but gah this asinine crap just irks me as people believe stuff like that because it throws a bit of science jargon around.

/rant

All versions of Coke Zero sold in various countries are based on the same flavoring formula, and all are carbonated. 1 liter of Coke Zero contains 100 mg caffeine. However, the exact combination of artificial sweeteners and preservatives used varies from market to market.

Sodium cyclamate, a relatively inexpensive artificial sweetener banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 1969 and once believed to be a carcinogen, has been used in the Coca-Cola Zero versions produced in Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Venezuela, Chile, and some Central American countries. It was used for a time in Mexico, before a consumer campaign led to its removal from the drink in 2008.[4] In June 2009 Venezuela ordered Coca-Cola to withdraw its Coca-Cola Zero product, as it contained more than the legal levels of sodium cyclamate.[4]

so, what's in Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Coke, Coke Light here in Thailand?

see attached spec sheet

Pepsi and Coke.pdf

/rant

so, what's in Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Coke, Coke Light here in Thailand?

see attached spec sheet

Who cares.

Let me know the first funeral you attend where Pepsi Max is the cause of death.

• Like 1

Well, lookee here. Pepsi Max in skinny little cans! Photo attached.

245 ml (8.2attachicon.gifIMG_1522.JPG ounces). 12 baht per can. Available in (some) 7-11s today.

About time considering they now have the capability to bottle more than they had before. Now it is just a matter of time and the stores will start to realize people want Pepsi Max.

Well, lookee here. Pepsi Max in skinny little cans! Photo attached.

245 ml (8.2attachicon.gifIMG_1522.JPG ounces). 12 baht per can. Available in (some) 7-11s today.

About time considering they now have the capability to bottle more than they had before. Now it is just a matter of time and the stores will start to realize people want Pepsi Max.

Foreigners want Pepsi Max and Coke Zero, Thai's want the sugary stuff, 24 Baht for one and half litres.

My guess is large bottles will be phased out and restricting the sales to cans or small bottles.

• 7 months later...

But who wants the 245ml can at 12 baht each when the 550ml bottle is available at 16.50 - it has a cover if you do not want to drink more than 245ml.

Size does matter!

Why has Pepsi discontinued the standard 325-ml (12-ounce) cans for Pepsi Max? These cans seem to work for Coke.

Instead, they give us 245-ml "slim" cans and 550-ml "big gulp" plastic bottles of Pepsi Max.

Pepsi is now bottling 450-ml plastic bottles of Pepsi Max, and has been for months. Unavailable in Chiang Mai.

USA marketing studies have shown that the 12-ounce can is most popular individual size - is Thailand different?

I find the 550-ml "big gulp" is more than I need at any one time, but the little cans are nothing more than a sampler size.

It's time Pepsi conducted a survey among its consumers!