Cracked Me Up, The First Time She Came To My Country...

krisb

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She hadn't used a microwave before going to England?!?!

I haven't used a microwave once in 14 years of being here myself. You guys have to realize that within this country there is as much difference between urban Thais and the country ones as there is between urban educated professionals working in downtown Johannesburg and those growing up among the San out in the middle of the Kalahari.

OK bit of a stretch but the point remains. 8-)

It isn't just one culture, in fact only a minority of Thais grow up with central Thai language as their mother tongue, most learn it in school, there are at least 75 different languages here, and even though the hilltribes have lived here for generations some of them before Thailand became a unified nation, they're treated as illegal aliens and given no schooling at all.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 2

Great thread. Thanks everyone.

If I take a gal to the US, if at all possible I'll land in Portland, OR, rent a car, and make a loop through the Columbia Gorge swinging up and back to Mt. Hood (will she ever again see a 14,000 ft mountain with permafrost?), on through to the sagebrush desert, and whatever else I had time for. I wouldn't want to just drop her into the Midwest or Florida or something. If that's not possible then I'd make it something like Denver and the Rockies. I could do any of that easily in a day.

Thanks again. Carry on. :)

• Like 1

Great thread. Thanks everyone.

If I take a gal to the US, if at all possible I'll land in Portland, OR, rent a car, and make a loop through the Columbia Gorge swinging up and back to Mt. Hood (will she ever again see a 14,000 ft mountain with permafrost?), on through to the sagebrush desert, and whatever else I had time for. I wouldn't want to just drop her into the Midwest or Florida or something. If that's not possible then I'd make it something like Denver and the Rockies. I could do any of that easily in a day.

Thanks again. Carry on. smile.png

Wow!....even Id like to see a 14,000ft mountain!.....They are lucky the Thai girls getting to see the world like they do. God bless em!

some are talking here like they walked out of the stone age.

Yes, it cracked me up watching her trying to take the bone out of her nose just before customs....

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yeah, my wife didn't even blink when she saw the woolly mammoth in Sydney but she was surprised at how much more orderly the traffic was, how 'quiet' the streets were (boring I think she called it), eftpos cards and phone payment, the relative ease of getting the smallest matter organised and how much our kids were learning at school.

Once she'd discovered all that, she started questioning why I was still dragging her around by the hair.

That was twenty years ago of course and, no, she hadn't ever used a microwave, driven a car before or seen a heater. Not so strange really, considering she'd never before had any need to use a microwave, drive a car or use a heater.

• Like 2

wife had been in her job for a few months,when a japanese girl joined the company,a delivery driver arrived, a man not known for his personal hygiene,one of the other girls, said to my wife "not that bogan", as he bought in the boxes, the japanese girl in all in her japanese politeness said "hello mr bogan my name is ...".

• Like 2

She hadn't used a microwave before going to England?!?!

My gf's Family only bought one for the first time this year.

Before they thought that the 'evil energy' in the microwave changed the physicial properities of the food and could give you cancer.

Remember Thai's fodness for the spititual world.

It's all a learning curve ... whistling.gif

BTW ... I see it as their innocence ... and not that they are regressive.

• Like 2

I hope that you and your DVD player are still very happy ... biggrin.png

She hocked the DVD player soon after I left.

I'm much happier alone than being with a person who couldn't learn a simple task.

The DVD thing is completely bizarre, every girl I've taken has been a very quick study with anything tech, in fact often the parts of their English vocabulary wrt reading that build up the fastest are the menu items in the software I teach them - mostly Internet and multi-media download/conversion, but later Word Excel etc. One's become a quite competent website developer, bare-metal html-css not any wysiwgy crap either.

My four-year-old has it completely down just demonstrated once or twice, pause fast-forward chapters change language menu to special features the lot.

Be more selective in your choice of partners is all, unless you specifically prefer subnormal for some reason. Me I require high native intelligence and hard-working ambition - in addition to the physical attractiveness of course.

The DVD thing is completely bizarre

Yes. I thought so too. At first I chalked it up to ignorance, but then I had to realize it was stupidity or possibly just a laziness that went so far as to unwillingness to learn.

fantastic bdw,the wife will love that one and good for all tv members who were going to have to use the net to translate bogan.

i do believe that video should be used for all immigrants coming to australia, instead of kanagroos,beaches and nice looking people, show them that.

maybe the boats would stop,downtown kabul might look more appealing.

• Like 1

dvd player is turned on with a touch of a button.

then you press open/close button and it does, magic.

then a tray comes out, put in the dvd and press the open/close button and it will close.

yes that is some heavy <deleted> there.

The DVD thing is completely bizarre

Yes. I thought so too. At first I chalked it up to ignorance, but then I had to realize it was stupidity or possibly just a laziness that went so far as to unwillingness to learn.

Funny how a language gap can hide these things for quite a while.

dvd player is turned on with a touch of a button.

then you press open/close button and it does, magic.

then a tray comes out, put in the dvd and press the open/close button and it will close.

yes that is some heavy <deleted> there.

Dude. What's with the need to denigrate others? Bored in the village? Shouldn't you be worrying why the locals like your sleazy farang neighbor and not you?

post-4641-1156694606.gif

There's a fine line between being funny and nasty. Let's keep it funny, shall we. Fun things she said when she experienced your country first time, yes. Derogatory comments, no.

Well said Phil.

Feel free to delete those off topic, argumentative comments mate.