P A D Gives Its Supporters Ok To Join Pitak Siam Rally On 24Th In Bangkok

webfact

The PAD leadership is broadly fascist but that is irrelevant to my question (why communists attended the Siam Pitak rally) which you have ignored, presumably out of ignorance.I don't condemn because I am ignorant too on the matter, hence the question

I would have thought the term "fascists" would encapsulate those calling for the burning of all Moslem mosques.........

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, let's get this straight: a party gets voted into office with a majority of votes. Another party doesn't like that and stages rallies, calling for a coup, which is not only criminal, but also stupid!

What do think will happen with the reds, if "their" PM gets ousted again?

They will slowly and silently ride into the sunset?

I would think otherwise.

In my opinion a coup will be the start of a wave of violence, where a burnt down shopping- center is the least of everyone's worries!

Unfortunately, the only way to get the PTT and UDD at bay is, if the "yellows" came up with some ideas to make the "reds" not so likeable and vote them out of office!

I say unfortunately, because I just don't see them do it!

Abisith may have an Oxford education and seen real democracy at work, but will he ever get to a point, where this will get relevant?

With the PAD, which still lives in yesteryear and is far from understanding (and wanting) democracy?

Or with the self- proclaimed protectors of Siam, who are not even living in yesteryear but in yestercentury?

Good luck with that!

Agree with much of that. So, can you suggest a solution? Otherwise, whatever anyone suggests or does leads to the square root of nothing. At the moment either the country will get raped by those in power or the country will end up raping itself.

Unfortunately, I don't see a solution, because what we see right now, is the consequence of many things that went "wrong" in the past. I am not a native english- speaker, so I do not know all the right political terms, but to cut it short: you can not just say "From tomorrow morning, we are a democracy"...and after that, everything will go as planed.

I see no real democracy here, which is mainly thanks to a hirarchy- thinking and the education to go with it.

You don't ask questions, especially not to elder or supremes- how can you have democracy without that?

There is no free speech, free expression, there is no education at all, that will lead to opinion- building.

The whole democratic idea is not enrooted in Thai- society, so in the end, we come back to a higher power, that makes decissions for the "children"...and let's face it: that is what most Thais are, with a mindset of (at best) 15 year olds.

I don't see a way out of this unfortunately.

No even the often talked about "civil war", because it will be no civil war. It will be the pawns of (and I am simplifying, for the sake of my point) red vs yellow, with the puppet- masters (PLURAL!) in the back, pulling the strings and collecting the rewards after the dust has settled.

In my dream world, I wished that a guy like Abisith, who I think would be able to lead, if he could shake of his own puppetmasters, could gather some decent people who could win the hearts of all Thais with honest and decent politics and policies.

But please...just have a look around this forum. We are ...what...90% from western democracies, that means we at least had a glimpse of how it could work and we do nothing but bickering!

How would I expect different from a country, where even average Bangkokians (by no means "the elite") is looking down on Isan- people as "buffalo-s hit"?!

I think, this country has not even started to rape itself!

I guess, there will be blood!

With the support of the Toon Army from his native Newcastle Abhisit could set up an independent party called The Geordie Revolutionary Party. Would probably be more effective than the Democrats.

Politics in Thailand is very amusing. Reminds me of lower primary kids trying to pick teams for games at school.

So, let's get this straight: a party gets voted into office with a majority of votes. Another party doesn't like that and stages rallies, calling for a coup, which is not only criminal, but also stupid!

What do think will happen with the reds, if "their" PM gets ousted again?

They will slowly and silently ride into the sunset?

I would think otherwise.

In my opinion a coup will be the start of a wave of violence, where a burnt down shopping- center is the least of everyone's worries!

Unfortunately, the only way to get the PTT and UDD at bay is, if the "yellows" came up with some ideas to make the "reds" not so likeable and vote them out of office!

I say unfortunately, because I just don't see them do it!

Abisith may have an Oxford education and seen real democracy at work, but will he ever get to a point, where this will get relevant?

With the PAD, which still lives in yesteryear and is far from understanding (and wanting) democracy?

Or with the self- proclaimed protectors of Siam, who are not even living in yesteryear but in yestercentury?

Good luck with that!

Agree with much of that. So, can you suggest a solution? Otherwise, whatever anyone suggests or does leads to the square root of nothing. At the moment either the country will get raped by those in power or the country will end up raping itself.

Unfortunately, I don't see a solution, because what we see right now, is the consequence of many things that went "wrong" in the past. I am not a native english- speaker, so I do not know all the right political terms, but to cut it short: you can not just say "From tomorrow morning, we are a democracy"...and after that, everything will go as planed.

I see no real democracy here, which is mainly thanks to a hirarchy- thinking and the education to go with it.

You don't ask questions, especially not to elder or supremes- how can you have democracy without that?

There is no free speech, free expression, there is no education at all, that will lead to opinion- building.

The whole democratic idea is not enrooted in Thai- society, so in the end, we come back to a higher power, that makes decissions for the "children"...and let's face it: that is what most Thais are, with a mindset of (at best) 15 year olds.

I don't see a way out of this unfortunately.

No even the often talked about "civil war", because it will be no civil war. It will be the pawns of (and I am simplifying, for the sake of my point) red vs yellow, with the puppet- masters (PLURAL!) in the back, pulling the strings and collecting the rewards after the dust has settled.

In my dream world, I wished that a guy like Abisith, who I think would be able to lead, if he could shake of his own puppetmasters, could gather some decent people who could win the hearts of all Thais with honest and decent politics and policies.

But please...just have a look around this forum. We are ...what...90% from western democracies, that means we at least had a glimpse of how it could work and we do nothing but bickering!

How would I expect different from a country, where even average Bangkokians (by no means "the elite") is looking down on Isan- people as "buffalo-s hit"?!

I think, this country has not even started to rape itself!

I guess, there will be blood!

With the support of the Toon Army from his native Newcastle Abhisit could set up an independent party called The Geordie Revolutionary Party. Would probably be more effective than the Democrats.

Politics in Thailand is very amusing. Reminds me of lower primary kids trying to pick teams for games at school.

I was talking more about a "new" party, with interested folk fro all over the spectrum. I for ones could imagine 2 certain young journalists from the other newspaper for example...