Suggestions For Phuket?

freddie

I need a little help.

My parents (who are in their 60's) are coming to visit in early April and I would like to take them to Phuket for a few days.

I have not been before, and I am after a quiet spot, but where the accommodation will be pretty good (I don't think my mum would appreciate scrambling round for the communal squat under the moonlight).

Budget should not be a problem; but nothing too outrageous.

It's difficult to find something suitable from my guidebook, so all suggestions / recommendations would be most welcome.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

The Evason Resort in Rawai is very nice, swimming pool built into the sea, a train that takes you from your rooms to the ocean view restaurant, close to a few different classes of bars, without the seediness of Patong (Phuket Palace is a dump),

You will get a good rate between 2500 baht and 4000 (haggle) or go for the private villas with own pools at about 20,000 a night. The Evason also owns a small resort across from this one on a lovely Island - a little romantic interlude for the oldies might be nice.

It is located 20 min to Phuket Town and major shopping - expat type area, where they wll also meet a few like minded people that live here in the same age group - search it on the net - minimalist, but classy.