Thai Habits

HeavyDrinker

The nasal sniffers do come in handy. They are excellent at killing the stench when one is handling garbage or dead bodies. I have one in my bag. They come in 2 parts: The nose insert and the screw off reservoir at the bottom. If you ever have an opportunity to watch the folks that remove the dead bodies that have been sitting in a room for a few days, you'll notice they smear a bit of the liquid under their nostrils before entering the room.

Please tell me more of the dead body stories How many do you see? Why you? and how often? Edited by krisb

The nasal sniffers do come in handy. They are excellent at killing the stench when one is handling garbage or dead bodies. I have one in my bag. They come in 2 parts: The nose insert and the screw off reservoir at the bottom. If you ever have an opportunity to watch the folks that remove the dead bodies that have been sitting in a room for a few days, you'll notice they smear a bit of the liquid under their nostrils before entering the room.

Please tell me more of the dead body stories How many do you see? Why you? and how often?

I don't understand why he returns to the scene of the crime. It just seems to be inviting trouble...

The err thing, when I hear westerners using it I can't help but cringe as I think it sounds fairly ridiculous, especially when their Thai is limited. This is one habit I have left behind and don't plan on using.

Me and the missus use English all the time pretty much and I still do it. It's horrible.

We have an Indian friend who's Thai wife has adopted the "Indian Head Wobble" from him and so when they come over for drinks we have to get that in stereo when they wish to display their indifference to a statement...

Indifference? The wobble can mean more than indifference. It can signify Yes, No, I don't know, I agree with you, I disagree with you, etc.

All at the same time!

My favourite Thai habit is to leave the shoes out of one's home.

For many habits, Thai or not Thai, it's a matter of respect and good manners.

The sniffy thing.. Well, honestly, it seems a bit ridiculous to me..A girlie thing anyway,smile.png

I like the shoe habit also. Makes me wonder about how I used to wear my shoes all through the house getting dirt everywhere.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind next time I have a body to dispose.

Please tell me more of the dead body stories How many do you see? Why you? and how often?

I don't understand why he returns to the scene of the crime. It just seems to be inviting trouble...

geriatickids post has to be one of the posts of the year. The mind boggles. I find it so funny i worry will wet myself. ....of course, thats assuming its not actually true.... shock1.gif

...and back on topic. Shoes,yup, find it barbaric the thought of shoes outside being worn inside!

Picking my nose in public comes to

mind.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

That';s a habit I always had...feels good to fit right in when im over there

Is eating it acceptable or not?? sorry always been an eater.............. I know its gross