Annual Leave For Sales

how much anual leave do you give your sales staff?

I am looking for a sales and try to make my estimation for salary etc. pp. Now the question is what should be the anual leave of a sales engineer here in Thailand?

Can anyone of the BM give me an idea about that?

Thanks in advance, cheers,

Depends on your employer HR policy. As a foreigner with a large company I would expect 20 days. However minimum legal requirement for Thai's is annual leave of 6 days, excluding public holidays.

Under Section 30 of the Labour Protection Act (LPA), an employee who has worked continuously for one full year shall be entitled to annual leave of not less than six working days. The term "annual leave" refers only to personal vacation time.The employer must fix the employee's annual leave in advance. The law does not require the employee's consent for the employer to do so.

Depends on your employer HR policy. As a foreigner with a large company I would expect 20 days. However minimum legal requirement for Thai's is annual leave of 6 days, excluding public holidays.

Under Section 30 of the Labour Protection Act (LPA), an employee who has worked continuously for one full year shall be entitled to annual leave of not less than six working days. The term "annual leave" refers only to personal vacation time.The employer must fix the employee's annual leave in advance. The law does not require the employee's consent for the employer to do so.

And I think its fast approaching 31 public holidays......so take that into account

And I think its fast approaching 31 public holidays......so take that into account

Section 29. An Employer shall announce not less than thirteen traditional holidays per year in advance for Employees, including National Labor Day as specified by the Minister.

The Employer shall fix the traditional holidays according to the annual official holidays, religious or local traditional holidays.

If a traditional holiday falls on a weekly holiday of an Employee, the Employee shall take a day off to substitute for the traditional holiday on the following Working Day.

Whereas an Employer does not provide a traditional holiday to an Employee because the Employee performs work of such description or nature as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations, the Employer shall make an agreement with the Employee to take another day off to substitute for the traditional holidays or the Employer shall pay Holidays Pay to the Employee.

Section 32. An Employee is entitled to sick leave as long as he or she is actually sick. For sick leave of three days or more, the Employer may require the Employee to produce a certificate from a first class physician or an official medical establishment. If the Employee is unable to produce a certificate from a first class physician or an official medical establishment, the Employee shall give an explanation to the Employer.

If a physician is provided by the Employer, this physician shall issue the certificate except where the Employee is unable to be examined by the physician.

A day which an Employee is unable to work on account of injury or illness arising out of employment or on maternity leave under Section 41 shall not be regarded as sick leave under this Section.

Section 33. An Employee shall be entitled to leave for sterilization and leave as a result of sterilization for a period determined, and with a certificate issued by a first class physician.

Section 34. An Employee shall be entitled to leave for necessary business in accordance with the work rule of his or her workplace.

Section 35. An Employee shall be entitled to leave for military service for inspection, military drilling or for readiness resting under the law concerning military service.

Section 36. An Employee shall be entitled to take leave for training or the development of his or her knowledge and skills in accordance with the rules and procedures prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations.

Edited by FritsSikkink