Spoked Vs Mag Wheel

knod

If the mags run tubeless I`d take them over spokes anytime; in the unlikely event of a puncture with tubeless the rate of deflation is usually much slower than tubed. They`re a lot easier to fix by the roadside as well if you carry a tubeless repair kit. All the inner tubes I`ve had here seem to have magnetic properties!

• Like 1

I've had a total of one puncture since going mag wheel and tubeless with my Nouvo Elegance and even that was a small nail resulting in a tire that would slowly lose air (It never went flat). I had four or five flat tires when I was running spoked wheels with tubes on the Nouvo MX I had before the Elegance so there is no question in my mind that the mag wheel tubeless tire setup will result in far fewer flat tires.

I've had a total of one puncture since going mag wheel and tubeless with my Nouvo Elegance and even that was a small nail resulting in a tire that would slowly lose air (It never went flat). I had four or five flat tires when I was running spoked wheels with tubes on the Nouvo MX I had before the Elegance so there is no question in my mind that the mag wheel tubeless tire setup will result in far fewer flat tires.

How much for the tubeless tyres, if you don't mind me asking. Recently put new tyres on, but still have, and have had nothing but regular punctures on a mag wheeled click I bought my missus from new.

Edited by Ackybang

How much for the tubeless tyres, if you don't mind me asking. Recently put new tyres on, but still have, and have had nothing but regular punctures on a mag wheeled click I bought my missus from new.

I've just bought a set of Michelin tyres for my mag wheeled Nouvo, cost 2,600 baht. Basic tyres are cheaper i think under 2,000 a set.

Spoked wheels offer a more comfortable ride than mag ones.

Besides, they are good for off road dynamics that is why nearly all off roaders have spoked wheels.

But you have adjust spoked wheels depending on your ride. If you make a lot of kms or go for offroad, you need to adjust them more often.

So, if you are just riding on asphalt and OK for a little bit - hard to notice actually harsh ride on a scooter anyway for inexperienced riders - , just get the mag wheel as they are maintenance free.

The price is a factor though, mag wheels are expensive.

And, i never heard anything related punctures for spoked wheels. I think no difference between spiked and mag wheel on punctures - what i experienced.

Edited by loserlazer

Im buying a new Click, and have seen on other threads that they come with tubeless tires, but some shops say no! So what is the real story, can I get a new Click, with tubeless tires, or not? In one shop (Mityon), they said that they could put the wheels and tubeless tires from a PCX on the Click, but there would be no warranty.

I have really had enough of my tube tires having flats all the time, and then after the flat is fixed, it goes flat again. I must have had twenty flats in the two years I have had the bike, so thats why Im interested in tubeless. Has anyone bought a new Click, with tubeless tires, and did it cost extra?

I have Far more Flat tires on spoked wheels then I ever have on Mags....I was getting a flat a week and the Shop told me the studs that hold the spokes in place cause friction and heat build up on the Tube causing the tube to rupture.....I have changed to Mags and the flats have vanished...

I really do recommend the mag wheel. As soon as I moved from spoked to mag the number of flats immediately went from one or two a month to nothing. You also must adjust spoked wheels. If you don't they will fail, it has happened to me two times. I will never ever go back to spoked wheels.

Flats are very easy to repair on a tubeless tire as well.

I have Far more Flat tires on spoked wheels then I ever have on Mags....I was getting a flat a week and the Shop told me the studs that hold the spokes in place cause friction and heat build up on the Tube causing the tube to rupture.....I have changed to Mags and the flats have vanished...

seems like a good sales pitch to me ;].