Re-Entry To Thailand Visa Nearly Finished

I have to leave Thailand for 3 days returning on the 12 December, my Visa is finished on the 22 December (multi entry, my 15 months will be up). Is it OK for me to leave so close to the end date? I am asking as the guard at immigration wrote the end date of my visa in the passport the last time I did a border run, and I am worried that if I leave again they will want a renewed visa.My visa is a non O through my wife and kids.

Any help would be appreciated

Your visa appears to have expired as it is only valid for one year from date of issue so you can not obtain a new 90 day entry anyhow (you mention 15 months so you have used last entry). All you could do now is pay for a re-entry permit and use that for a stay until current 22 December so you would be better service with a 15-30 day visa exempt entry or obtaining a new visa for your return if you plan to stay longer; although you could return with the re-entry permit (1,000 baht) and then immediately extend for 60 days for an additional 1,900 baht fee (but you can also do that from a visa exempt entry).

Or do the 60 day extension now and get a re-entry permit for that permit to stay. Doing it this way would save a trip to immigration.

FYI you can now get multiple entry non-o's based upon marriage to a Thai in Savannakhet Laos with not proof of income needed.

Get a re-entry permit if you plan on getting another marriage extension. As long as your visa extension has not expired when you come back then there will be no problem returning with a re-entry permit and you only need a single entry, even if there was only one day left on the extension. No matter what they write you'll still be allowed to enter.

It could take longer getting a new visa rather than another extension if you let your current extension expire by leaving the country without a re-entry permit, then coming back overland on a tourist exemption stamp would only give you 15 days. No reason to mess your passport up with tourist junk stamps you don't need.