The Clattenburg Conspiracy

MrRed

You can charge someone for unfair allegation though,which is called slander and in the case seems to be appropiate that is why his union is getting involved.

The FA can also charge Chelsea for bringing the game into disrepute(which they have of course)through unfounded accusations by a member of staff.

Remember Chelsea had the time to interview there staff thoroughly before anything was put out in the open,especially when they have a lawyer on board.

To me it would be unfair if nothing happened because like i mentioned earlier it will happen again and if nothing is done then it will happen more and more because of sour grapes.

Chelsea are to blame here they never had any evidence from the beginning,so why did they quickly try to crucify an official without looking at it correctly?

• Like 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Football Association has cleared referee Mark Clattenburg of using "inappropriate language" towards Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi.

But Mikel, 25, has been charged by the FA with misconduct following his involvement in the alleged incident.

It seems that sanity has prevailed. It'll be interesting to see both Chelsea's response................ and future referees responses to Chelsea.

Just curious. When I posted this I made the first line as big and as bold as the second line. It has been changed to a very small font size after I posted.

Who has the ability to change it?????????????

And if whoever it was did want to change it (I assume to change the emphasis of the post) why didn't you just repeat the post with your choice of font size instead of changing my post without asking???????????????

I'm not very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like it may have been a formatting issue from wherever you copied and pasted it from. Any Mod has the ability to edit posts but I see nothing in your post to suggest a mod has touched it. Anyway, it's fixed now.

I'm reading that Chelsea are shamelessly going to resist making an apology.

Surely now is the time to throw the book at them big time. Thats what can happen in court if you show no remorse. They've brought the game into disrepute.

Its time for their team to be sold off on the cheap to siberian league sides and their ground dismantled to be replaced by a childrens fun park

I couldn't agree more, they are a total joke.

With regards to the Mark Clattenburg decision, the club accepts the case is now concluded and notes the FA states the allegation was made in good faith.

Good faith my arse, they were nothing more than vindictive and spiteful.

I hope every referee from now on comes down on them like a ton of hot faecal matter.

• Like 1

Good that Mikel's been charged, gives the incident perspective. I know the 'charge is bringing the game into disrepute but I wonder what the specific's of the charge are,? lying?

He can't be charged with lying because he didn't hear anything. Unfortunately I've read elsewhere on the Internet that he said to Clattenberg he was going to break his legs!!

him not hearing it did cross my mind, and the legs thing would sort of make sense.

The wording by the fa's a touch ambiguous almost contradictory, on one hand they say they understand Chelsea's position regarding reporting/investigating it the next they say it shouldn't have gone as far as it did!!!! thinking about it its hardly surprising given the fa and really sort of points to a lack of procedural leadership.

If nothing is done by the FA to Chelsea as a football club alone then they are dangerously leaving this kind of accusation open and it will lead to other instances down the line against referee's.

I think Chelsea should also be charged with wasting the FA's time due to lack of any reasonable evidence,really it was just sour grapes and as we have seen before they do have a history against referee's,all down to sour grapes and being bad sports.

As far as i am aware the ref's union Prospect are getting involved in this and want a full unreserved apology and are also seeking compensation for Clattenburg,not sure if this is the correct way to go if as they say he is to continue reffing in the future,this would have complications of interest when officiating games at the top for sure!

The FA have to be strong as a governing body of football in the eyes of the World so it doesn't happen again,if a club is going to accuse the match officials of racism towards one of its players it better have bloody good evidence BEFORE it throws any wild accusations out in the open.

In my eyes the FA have timed this statement perfectly with the Benitez employment as a detraction and cover so that they can carry on regardless of any accusations of them being totally inept at governing there own association and it's members correctly.

For football's sake lets hope the union Prospect stands by Clattenburg for the good of the game and the referee's need to really come together after this and clamp down on many areas that players and managers continually ha-rang officials ........as mentioned before zero tolerance and miking the ref up will cut a lot of problems out of the game in no time.

Imagine every time the refs talk to a player same as in rugby ....how the players attitude would change when he is being heard on TV and in the stadium!

Red, all they need to do to ensure it doesn't happen again, is record the officials conversations as they are already mic'd up should be very easily done.

Agree though the fa need to be strong, but they've never really been in the past, comfortable yes, but not really strong.

If nothing is done by the FA to Chelsea as a football club alone then they are dangerously leaving this kind of accusation open and it will lead to other instances down the line against referee's.

I think Chelsea should also be charged with wasting the FA's time due to lack of any reasonable evidence,really it was just sour grapes and as we have seen before they do have a history against referee's,all down to sour grapes and being bad sports.

As far as i am aware the ref's union Prospect are getting involved in this and want a full unreserved apology and are also seeking compensation for Clattenburg,not sure if this is the correct way to go if as they say he is to continue reffing in the future,this would have complications of interest when officiating games at the top for sure!

The FA have to be strong as a governing body of football in the eyes of the World so it doesn't happen again,if a club is going to accuse the match officials of racism towards one of its players it better have bloody good evidence BEFORE it throws any wild accusations out in the open.

In my eyes the FA have timed this statement perfectly with the Benitez employment as a detraction and cover so that they can carry on regardless of any accusations of them being totally inept at governing there own association and it's members correctly.

For football's sake lets hope the union Prospect stands by Clattenburg for the good of the game and the referee's need to really come together after this and clamp down on many areas that players and managers continually ha-rang officials ........as mentioned before zero tolerance and miking the ref up will cut a lot of problems out of the game in no time.

Imagine every time the refs talk to a player same as in rugby ....how the players attitude would change when he is being heard on TV and in the stadium!

Cant imagine our overpaid and over-adulated footballers coming into line like rugby players do. Always amazes me how an 18 stone hulk can commit greivous bodily harm on someone in the ruck, be called over by a ref who is a quarter of his size (and who has not been surrounded by all the other players) and take his medicine quietly, trudging off respectfully like a naughty 2 year old. Must be something to do with nannies and potty training I guess.

Edited by SantiSuk

Cant imagine our overpaid and over-adulated footballers coming into line like rugby players do. Always amazes me how an 18 stone hulk can commit greivous bodily harm on someone in the ruck, be called over by a ref who is a quarter of his size (and who has not been surrounded by all the other players) and take his medicine quietly, trudging off respectfully like a naughty 2 year old. Must be something to do with nannies and potty training I guess.

My 'other' little club took a stand with a player, this player was on a two year contract, no small thing for them, on the park at our level he could defo make a difference But he got three red cards, and 12? games out, at the end of the season he was still joint top scorer however they cancelled his contract , or what ever, and THEY DONT WASTE MONEY just let him go When the reds and fines of three weeks wage start flying about on a regular basis, the players will soon come into line.

Chelsea say they "regret" the way they handled their accusation that referee Mark Clattenburg used racial language at midfielder John Mikel Obi.

The club regrets not having given more consideration before issuing a statement on the evening of Sunday, 28 October.

(Quote from BBC Sport on-line).

Doesn't this a mean Chelsea then admit they lied about the whole case?

The lies didn't go through, so they are happy with the end result anyhow.

Wow, this club really give me more entertainment than my favorite club do.

No apology and they would welcome him back at the bridge anytime........until the next decision they don't agree with then,the jury is still out on this one.... damned if i do damned if i don't!

The seed is sewn i'm afraid.

Good that Mikel's been charged, gives the incident perspective. I know the 'charge is bringing the game into disrepute but I wonder what the specific's of the charge are,? lying?

He can't be charged with lying because he didn't hear anything. Unfortunately I've read elsewhere on the Internet that he said to Clattenberg he was going to break his legs!!

him not hearing it did cross my mind, and the legs thing would sort of make sense.

Get with the programme rijiit!!rolleyes.gif

Mikel had stated right from the start he had not heard anything.

Thats what made the whole thing ridiculous and obviously vindictive. Only 1 player heard the so called abuse. And he (Ramires) does not speak English properly. It was obviously concocted in the dressing room after, and then Mikel, with others, went to the refs dressing room.

In my opinion, the lawyer is the biggest t@sser in all of this (Buck). He should have said right from the word go, that there was not sufficient evidence. He is a lawyer, he understands burden of proof and balance of probabilities.

Look at it from th other viewpoint. How can a top lawyer, based on the evidence we now all know, believe that Chelsea had sufficient proof or on the balance of probabilities had sufficient evidence to bring a prosecution. Answer is he cant!!

Thats why Chelsea should be charged, on the balance of probabilities, of bringing the game into disrepute.

But of course the spineless FA will do FA

Chelsea say they "regret" the way they handled their accusation that referee Mark Clattenburg used racial language at midfielder John Mikel Obi.

The club regrets not having given more consideration before issuing a statement on the evening of Sunday, 28 October.

so not sorry in the slightest. quelle surprise. carry on chelsea.

so not sorry in the slightest. quelle surprise. carry on chelsea.

Yeah, Pat Nevin 4 me he generally gives a balanced view,was saying on 5 live today, he felt the lawyers had advised them not to, he felt that as the parties involved were satisfied with the statement, rightly or wrongly, it should make room for everyone to move on.

baring mikel, who's being charged with barging into the ref's room post match.

Edited by rijit

What makes you so sure it was a lie?

I've said from the start it was probably a misunderstanding, yet you are adamant it was a lie. I guess you always look for the bad in people.......

If you accuse someone of racist comments and you are proven wrong, then you've made a false accusation.

A lot of people call that lying.

Myself included.

A false accusation is lying is it? What a comedian. So if Ramires believes he heard something and it seems likely he mis-heard, he is lying. 55555555 I don't follow that logic at all.

So Chicog, this is your events of what happened.

Chelsea lost to bad ref decisions.

In the dressing room they decide to make up a racism story.

To make it seem more realistic, Mikel agrees to get angry and burst in the the refs office and threatened to break his legs.

Or.

Ramires mis-heard.

If its just a lie, why didn't Mikel say he heard the ref say it?

A false accusation is lying is it?

yes. the clue is in the word 'false' by the way.

false (fôls)

adj. fals·er, fals·est

Contrary to fact or truth:
false tales of bravery.

Deliberately untrue:
delivered false testimony under oath.

Arising from mistaken ideas:
false hopes of writing a successful novel.

Intentionally deceptive:
a suitcase with a false bottom; false promises.

If you accuse someone of racist comments and you are proven wrong, then you've made a false accusation.

A lot of people call that lying.

Myself included.

A false accusation is lying is it? What a comedian. So if Ramires believes he heard something and it seems likely he mis-heard, he is lying. 55555555 I don't follow that logic at all.

So Chicog, this is your events of what happened.

Chelsea lost to bad ref decisions.

In the dressing room they decide to make up a racism story.

To make it seem more realistic, Mikel agrees to get angry and burst in the the refs office and threatened to break his legs.

Or.

Ramires mis-heard.

If its just a lie, why didn't Mikel say he heard the ref say it?

Keep clutching at straws.

Chelsea have also confirmed a separate incident, understood to involve Juan Mata, after claims that Clattenburg called him ‘a Spanish t**t’.

Lie.

Edited by Chicog

I've said from the start it was probably a misunderstanding, yet you are adamant it was a lie. I guess you always look for the bad in people.......

Read again please.

I asked if it Chelsea admit it was a lie.

You don't make a complaint based upon a misunderstanding, when you know the issue at hand will explode in the mass media.

Read again please.

You don't make a complaint based upon a misunderstanding, when you know the issue at hand will explode in the mass media.

Chelsea have said they regret making a statement public. They have not said they regret making the complaint. The FA have also said chelsea acted correctly in reporting the incident, its the public part they disapprove of.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20420934

Read again please.

Chelsea have said they regret making a statement public. They have not said they regret making the complaint. The FA have also said chelsea acted correctly in reporting the incident, its the public part they disapprove of.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20420934

Reporting what incident 40.gif

John Mikel Obi banned for Mark Clattenburg threats

Chelsea's John Mikel Obi has been given a three-match ban and fined £60,000 by the Football Association for threatening referee Mark Clattenburg.

Mikel admitted an FA charge following an incident in the match officials' changing room after Chelsea's defeat by Manchester United on 28 October.

The FA accepted the player had believed the referee had racially abused him.

However, the union Prospect, which represents referees, said it was "dismayed" at the "lenient" punishment.

In a personal hearing on Thursday the FA's Independent Regulatory Commission accepted the Nigerian midfielder's explanation.

"But for that factor the suspension would have been significantly longer," the FA said in a statement.

Prospect national secretary Alan Leighton claimed "far too much weight" had been given to Mikel's mitigating circumstances.

A Prospect statement added: "It is vital that officials were given real respect and this decision regrettably gave entirely the wrong message. A player in parks football found guilty of behaviour like Mikel's would have faced a long-term ban."

The FA investigated the allegation against Clattenburg which prompted Mikel's behaviour and found that there was no case to answer.

The police also dropped there own inquiry into the allegations that Clattenburg had racially abused Mikel, 25.

Mikel's team-mate Ramires had made the allegation and Chelsea later said they regretted the way the matter was handled.

Clattenburg missed four weekends of premier league matches while the FA investigated Chelsea's complaint.

Edited by MrRed

John Mikel Obi banned for Mark Clattenburg threats

Chelsea's John Mikel Obi has been given a three-match ban and fined £60,000 by the Football Association for threatening referee Mark Clattenburg.

Mikel admitted an FA charge following an incident in the match officials' changing room after Chelsea's defeat by Manchester United on 28 October.

The FA accepted the player had believed the referee had racially abused him.

However, the union Prospect, which represents referees, said it was "dismayed" at the "lenient" punishment.

In a personal hearing on Thursday the FA's Independent Regulatory Commission accepted the Nigerian midfielder's explanation.

"But for that factor the suspension would have been significantly longer," the FA said in a statement.

Prospect national secretary Alan Leighton claimed "far too much weight" had been given to Mikel's mitigating circumstances.

A Prospect statement added: "It is vital that officials were given real respect and this decision regrettably gave entirely the wrong message. A player in parks football found guilty of behaviour like Mikel's would have faced a long-term ban."

The FA investigated the allegation against Clattenburg which prompted Mikel's behaviour and found that there was no case to answer.

The police also dropped there own inquiry into the allegations that Clattenburg had racially abused Mikel, 25.

Mikel's team-mate Ramires had made the allegation and Chelsea later said they regretted the way the matter was handled.

Clattenburg missed four weekends of premier league matches while the FA investigated Chelsea's complaint.

Only 3 gameswink.png evra got 4 games for nothing.

bang-up job by the FA this. basically set a precedent for any player who wants to boot down the referee's door after a match and threaten him. go ahead, we'll just fine you and ban you the same as if you'd been sent off by the referee during the match. utter berks they are.

• Like 1