Well Cod: Black Ops 2 Kind Of Sucks...

ExpatJ

Anyone else played black ops 2 yet? Came out this week.. Maps are TINY which is the biggest negative for me, very little chance for strategic positioning, or camping (which i love:)

League tables for multiplay is a good idea though- but that doesnt start until december 1...

Installed it last night and played some of the single player campaign/zombie mode to get a feel for it... At this point, I just don't think it will stack up to BF3.

I am interested to get BF 3 but i like to play alone not part of a team in multiplayer- is this possible/common/fun in BF 3?

You will be put on a team when you join a server no matter what (a game consists of 2 or more teams fighting for objectives), and also automatically put on a squad (a group of up to 4 players), but you can choose to leave the squad and not join another, and many people do their own thing independently anyway (in fact, it's one of the main criticisms from hardcore players - the gameplay doesn't award team play enough). You cannot not be on a team, but you can choose to do your own thing, really. This is what a lot of people do as lone wolf snipers, especially.

Is it fun? Yeah, a lot of people like doing things like playing with c4 as support (machine gunner) class, playing with EOD bot/mines/repair torch as engineer class, and with MAV (aerial drone) as recon class. Also, it's fun to run over enemies in the wide variety of vehicles available in Battlefield.

Also, there's a game mode called Gun Runner on a few servers that is geared toward individual combat skills even though it's also played on 2 teams.