Thai Govt And Pitak Siam Must Follow Path Of Democracy

webfact

to my understanding this government was elected ,where as the gverment led by the "democrats " was put in by the army,with eton educated british passport holding puppet as prime minister, as ever when beaten fair and square in elections, the posh rabble throw the toys out the pram and scweem and scweem until there big bully brothers take control via another coup, and give the ball back to some snivling little glove puppet with some generals hand shuvved firmly up it,not saying the preasent lot are saints but at least they won a democratic election, something you woud as,sume the "democrats" would respect ,

Your understanding comes direct from Red TV.

then red tv got it right for once.

No. Not even this once.

• Like 1

The sad part about all this is the use of the word 'democracy' is spat out, flaunted and used as an excuse in just about anything with no heed as to what it truly is. Democratic process, i.e. votes, puts the Govt in power. Once in power, it is given the keys to the bank and the house and the pigs start feeding. At that point they care nothing about 'democracy'. They have a limited time at the trough and like what they represent, the feeding frenzy continues as the country wallows from one deed of corruption to another.

Pitak Siam is a newly formed political party. A minority. The Pareto Principle applies and if any party wishes to get into power, they simply have to appeal to the larger percentage. Even if they do not care about the actual voters, the lip service has to address those who have the power to cast the vote in their favour and the spin doctors work overtime with 'policies' (lies), about what they will do once elected.

Toppling this corrupt govt will be very difficult. Due process of law is not handling it well, Thaksin is a wily seasoned politician and a convicted criminal and still running the country from exile. He knows by using his money, a few hundred Baht here and there, he can buy the votes. As the majority of voters are poor, it does not take much to gain their allegiance. Give them a red T Shirt, a clapper and a picture to hold and some Baht for Mekong, it's an easy recipe. Censure motions may help, a coup also, but right now, leaving 'democracy' up to a voting uneducated public majority willing to accept a 'donation' will leave this country stagnated and being stripped from within.

It may well be Pitak Siam is a far better option than the Dems, but can they get the numbers and the support and if empowered will they be any different from the other pigs at the trough? Or do we wait for military intervention once again? Either way it is simply a roll of the dice and democracy has nothing to do with it.

Toppling this corrupt govt will be very difficult.

it is not difficult. it's called voting.

your comments on the thai electorate indicate where the lack of education is really found. and it looks like you do not like democracy in thailand. do you like democracy in your own country? do they always check with you before approving the results of elections to see if you agree?

this p-s group is not an option to the democrats, it is not even a party, and so far their contribution to the thai democracy has been to call for a coup.

you may not like the red shirts and they may adore their fearless leader in dubai, but they are the ONLY group in thailand calling for elections when the going gets tough. that is a fact.

in my country we just finished an election where the republicans did everything in their power to prevent certain people from voting. it was racist bigoted and disgusting. sounds familiar.

With the last statement of your post you have totally lost what little credibility you may have had on this forum.

to my understanding this government was elected ,where as the gverment led by the "democrats " was put in by the army,with eton educated british passport holding puppet as prime minister, as ever when beaten fair and square in elections, the posh rabble throw the toys out the pram and scweem and scweem until there big bully brothers take control via another coup, and give the ball back to some snivling little glove puppet with some generals hand shuvved firmly up it,not saying the preasent lot are saints but at least they won a democratic election, something you woud as,sume the "democrats" would respect ,

I'm not aware that the Democrats are 'throwing their toys out the pram'.

The main gripe they have is that the democratically elected Government is acting in an undemocratic way.

The Opposition are unable to perform their role. The impression is that the ruling party believe their majority exempts them from acting like a democratically elected Government.

Continue to repeat your 'the ruling party was elected'. Perhaps other people can see beyond 3rd July 2011 and are more interested in what is HAPPENING, rather than what the ruling party promised.

Democracy? Maybe, maybe not. It takes a ruling party and an Opposition.

Perhaps the toys are coming out of the Red pram. "We were elected, stop trying to prevent us doing what we want".

Edited by Noistar

The main gripe they have is that the democratically elected Government is acting in an undemocratic way.

The Opposition are unable to perform their role. The impression is that the ruling party believe their majority exempts them from acting like a democratically elected Government.

Continue to repeat your 'the ruling party was elected'. Perhaps other people can see beyond 3rd July 2011 and are more interested in what is HAPPENING, rather than what the ruling party promised.

Perhaps the toys are coming out of the Red pram. "We were elected, stop trying to prevent us doing what we want".

"The impression is that the ruling party believe their majority exempts them from acting like a democratically elected Government."

the impression from whom may i ask?

Your understanding comes direct from Red TV.

then red tv got it right for once.

No. Not even this once.

yes, maybe "this once"

The sad part about all this is the use of the word 'democracy' is spat out, flaunted and used as an excuse in just about anything with no heed as to what it truly is. Democratic process, i.e. votes, puts the Govt in power. Once in power, it is given the keys to the bank and the house and the pigs start feeding. At that point they care nothing about 'democracy'. They have a limited time at the trough and like what they represent, the feeding frenzy continues as the country wallows from one deed of corruption to another.

Pitak Siam is a newly formed political party. A minority. The Pareto Principle applies and if any party wishes to get into power, they simply have to appeal to the larger percentage. Even if they do not care about the actual voters, the lip service has to address those who have the power to cast the vote in their favour and the spin doctors work overtime with 'policies' (lies), about what they will do once elected.

Toppling this corrupt govt will be very difficult. Due process of law is not handling it well, Thaksin is a wily seasoned politician and a convicted criminal and still running the country from exile. He knows by using his money, a few hundred Baht here and there, he can buy the votes. As the majority of voters are poor, it does not take much to gain their allegiance. Give them a red T Shirt, a clapper and a picture to hold and some Baht for Mekong, it's an easy recipe. Censure motions may help, a coup also, but right now, leaving 'democracy' up to a voting uneducated public majority willing to accept a 'donation' will leave this country stagnated and being stripped from within.

It may well be Pitak Siam is a far better option than the Dems, but can they get the numbers and the support and if empowered will they be any different from the other pigs at the trough? Or do we wait for military intervention once again? Either way it is simply a roll of the dice and democracy has nothing to do with it.

Toppling this corrupt govt will be very difficult.

it is not difficult. it's called voting.

your comments on the thai electorate indicate where the lack of education is really found. and it looks like you do not like democracy in thailand. do you like democracy in your own country? do they always check with you before approving the results of elections to see if you agree?

this p-s group is not an option to the democrats, it is not even a party, and so far their contribution to the thai democracy has been to call for a coup.

you may not like the red shirts and they may adore their fearless leader in dubai, but they are the ONLY group in thailand calling for elections when the going gets tough. that is a fact.

in my country we just finished an election where the republicans did everything in their power to prevent certain people from voting. it was racist bigoted and disgusting. sounds familiar.

With the last statement of your post you have totally lost what little credibility you may have had on this forum.

Credibility is irrellevant when the facts are there for all to see, or did you miss out on the election earlier this month.

I don't really care what you think of my credibility on this forum since the credibility of your posts comes from the right wing's blogosphere and we know how accurate they are don't we?

In your short posting history, you seem to have learned the "casual lie" approach used by many red supporters quite well.

".......so far their contribution to the thai democracy has been to call for a coup."

Which completely ignores their call for public meetings to discuss the disastrous rice scam with its inherent corruption and lack of transparency, and the influence on this government of numerous criminals, some still avoiding conviction by their member ship of it.

"they are the ONLY group in thailand calling for elections" Not only, but also arson, intimidation and murder of opposition canvassers and candidates, "voluntary" donations during their insurgency, and censorship in red areas. And they seem to think they have the right to call for elections when THEY want them rather than wait until due, but if others aren't prepared to wait that's undemocratic.

Your reference to the US elections, taken with a huge grain of salt, allows comparison to the voting shenanigans here, where PTP seems incapable of obeying electoral law. But they get the votes, by fair means or foul, and that's all that matters in the simplistic view of democracy.

casual lie? casual lie? what the heck is that? either I am right or wrong but not lying. got another protest group that calls for elections? I'd like to hear about it. Haven't seen them so far.

"The impression is that the ruling party believe their majority exempts them from acting like a democratically elected Government."

From those who see them pandering to a fugitive criminal, pushing policy which is hugely expensive, corrupt and an abject failure in its stated aims, failing to carry out the norms of parliamentary debate, refusing transparency on matters that are concerning worried citizens.

In your short posting history, you seem to have learned the "casual lie" approach used by many red supporters quite well.

".......so far their contribution to the thai democracy has been to call for a coup."

Which completely ignores their call for public meetings to discuss the disastrous rice scam with its inherent corruption and lack of transparency, and the influence on this government of numerous criminals, some still avoiding conviction by their member ship of it.

"they are the ONLY group in thailand calling for elections" Not only, but also arson, intimidation and murder of opposition canvassers and candidates, "voluntary" donations during their insurgency, and censorship in red areas. And they seem to think they have the right to call for elections when THEY want them rather than wait until due, but if others aren't prepared to wait that's undemocratic.

Your reference to the US elections, taken with a huge grain of salt, allows comparison to the voting shenanigans here, where PTP seems incapable of obeying electoral law. But they get the votes, by fair means or foul, and that's all that matters in the simplistic view of democracy.

casual lie? casual lie? what the heck is that? either I am right or wrong but not lying. got another protest group that calls for elections? I'd like to hear about it. Haven't seen them so far.

So you dispute that PS attempts to question corrupt government policy is a contribution to democracy, or were you lying about it?

The point is not which of the rival camps is right or wrong but the refusal of both sides to engage one another in resolving the differences as it should have been in a true democracy.

BTW with all the 'nice' posts here it may be we're lucky not to live in the UK:

"2012-11-17

In UK, Twitter, Facebook rants land some in jail"

http://www.chron.com...ail-4039078.php

From those who see them pandering to a fugitive criminal, pushing policy which is hugely expensive, corrupt and an abject failure in its stated aims, failing to carry out the norms of parliamentary debate, refusing transparency on matters that are concerning worried citizens.

i meant specifically, as in political parties, supporter groups, media etc.

So you dispute that PS attempts to question corrupt government policy is a contribution to democracy, or were you lying about it?

you're tiresome dude.

you got another group calling for elections? I don't see it.

this group is led by some retired general who stated that if he were still a general, he would have already overthrown the government in a coup. What the heck kind of contribution to democracy is anything else he says?

no party has a monopoly on patriotism or corruption. isn't there some mp still running around who killed a man? I haven't seen any news lately but last time he was still an mp. a dem mp that is.

blather on about corruption as if only one side does it. the TRUTH is still that only one side so far actually calls for elections. might be why they are so popular.

you're tiresome dude.

this group is led by some retired general who stated that if he were still a general, he would have already overthrown the government in a coup. What the heck kind of contribution to democracy is anything else he says?

no party has a monopoly on patriotism or corruption. isn't there some mp still running around who killed a man? I haven't seen any news lately but last time he was still an mp. a dem mp that is.

blather on about corruption as if only one side does it. the TRUTH is still that only one side so far actually calls for elections. might be why they are so popular.

Yes, keep blathering about elections (or anything else) while ignoring the pointed question about your statement. Another tactic of the red sycophants learned well (and amazingly quickly).

• Like 1

without doubt the best most accurate post I have ever read on TV, the nation should give you a colomn

begin removed ...

Are we talking about 2012 or 2010 ?

you're tiresome dude.

The Thai political system has an effective mechanism for dealing with corruption. It's called a putsch. It sets Thailand above other democracies that fail to have an independent military that cares for the country and its Monarchy.

It's been used roughly 19 times in 80 odd years so we're about due one now.

It's not a bloody thing, just a reset to dismantle the mafioso and allow for the smooth passage of other unconnected events.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

you're tiresome dude.

Yes, keep blathering about elections (or anything else) while ignoring the pointed question about your statement. Another tactic of the red sycophants learned well (and amazingly quickly).

i did not ignore your pointy little question but you still haven't answered mine. what other group calls for elections?

and this "red sycophant" as you call me thinks that if you yellow-bellied posters had any wits you might be able to put forth a decent argument but no, just run off on some insignificant tangent.

you're tiresome dude.

i did not ignore your pointy little question but you still haven't answered mine. what other group calls for elections?

and this "red sycophant" as you call me thinks that if you yellow-bellied posters had any wits you might be able to put forth a decent argument but no, just run off on some insignificant tangent.

During the 2010 insurgency the democrat government offered early elections but were rebuffed, proving that the demand was in fact merely a ruse. Last year's elections were called before they were due.

PS is well aware that PTP will not call elections at their demand, though the reds thought that was reasonable in 2010. Calling for a coup without the influence to arrange one, is merely an attention grabber.

Now can we discuss how calling public meetings to discuss government policies and actions causing great concern to a large number of citizens, is NOT a democratic action - as far as you are concerned?

BTW if your reading skills improve, you will note that I did not call you a red sycophant, but that you were adopting their methods.

you're tiresome dude.

During the 2010 insurgency the democrat government offered early elections but were rebuffed, proving that the demand was in fact merely a ruse. Last year's elections were called before they were due.

PS is well aware that PTP will not call elections at their demand, though the reds thought that was reasonable in 2010. Calling for a coup without the influence to arrange one, is merely an attention grabber.

Now can we discuss how calling public meetings to discuss government policies and actions causing great concern to a large number of citizens, is NOT a democratic action - as far as you are concerned?

BTW if your reading skills improve, you will note that I did not call you a red sycophant, but that you were adopting their methods.

what other group calls for elections?

still unanswered. see i read just fine. only the red shirts. and your rhetorical excuse about red bootlicker is just that, an excuse. i also know when I'm being insulted.

the nutty retired general has no desire for democracy. he wants to close down the country for five years. those are his words.

nutter(s).

what's with this quote problemanyway I have to keep deleting stuff to post.