High Season Or Idiot Season

PattayaPhom

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with being a cheap charlie. Why pay more than you have to for anything?

So long as you're not cheating someone, stealing something or being fraudulent then what you do with your own money is up to you.

Nobody has ever tipped me over and above any price I have requested for goods or services supplied.

tip is a gesture of gratitude for good service or good taste or fast service.

No one is forcing you to tip, but if you want to get faster/preferential service one would.

Try not to tip in a nice bar and see what happens the next time you go order a round.

When i say a nice bar, i do not mean a beer bar, i mean a nice bar in any country in the world where drinks do not cost $3, but more like $10

In Pattaya all that counts is money! Do the locals tip? No. Oh I forgot we are all rich farangs.

Why not pay double for your air ticket and give the 50% as a tip? I'd accept your $10 drink and reciprocate in a beer bar.

1. We are not talking about "crazy" tips

2. Yes locals do tip, especially when they want to show off they leave huge tips. I had 1 Thai guest who tipped the maid 300 baht and reception 300 baht for 2 days stay., when they get a takeaway they do not tip, when they eat in side, always minimum 20 baht tip

They must have been lucky as my partner says the worst tippers in her hotel are thais

tip is a gesture of gratitude for good service or good taste or fast service.

No one is forcing you to tip, but if you want to get faster/preferential service one would.

Try not to tip in a nice bar and see what happens the next time you go order a round.

When i say a nice bar, i do not mean a beer bar, i mean a nice bar in any country in the world where drinks do not cost $3, but more like $10

In Pattaya all that counts is money! Do the locals tip? No. Oh I forgot we are all rich farangs.

Why not pay double for your air ticket and give the 50% as a tip? I'd accept your $10 drink and reciprocate in a beer bar.

1. We are not talking about "crazy" tips

2. Yes locals do tip, especially when they want to show off they leave huge tips. I had 1 Thai guest who tipped the maid 300 baht and reception 300 baht for 2 days stay., when they get a takeaway they do not tip, when they eat in side, always minimum 20 baht tip

They must have been lucky as my partner says the worst tippers in her hotel are thais

that my have changed in the year that's past since this was first posted.......

I've never paid for water at any hotel or guesthouse, a guesthouse I could understand but a hotel? Can't be that tight surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hilton charges for water with lunch

Not to me, which hilton charges for water? Unless you are there for just lunch then like anywhere will charge for drinks but staying as a guest in a room then they don't.

I've never paid for water at any hotel or guesthouse, a guesthouse I could understand but a hotel? Can't be that tight surely?

Not to me, which hilton charges for water? Unless you are there for just lunch then like anywhere will charge for drinks but staying as a guest in a room then they don't.

the Hilton in pattaya charges diners for bottled water with lunch and with dinner

theres no distinction between guests in a room or dining only

its still charged

the Hilton in pattaya charges diners for bottled water with lunch and with dinner

theres no distinction between guests in a room or dining only

its still charged

I'm talking about the water you get in a room, lunch/dinner is completely different. I assume the guy is charging his punters for water that is in the room.

instead of moaning and bitching about idiots, just remember who puts the food on your table, and make you the high flyer you are! or thought you could be,idiots are part and parcel of the trade if you dislike them that much dont take there money!!! sad.png

I started the thread because at the time we were getting customers that were rude, arrogant and just down right nasty people that thought they knew it all...my my what difference a year makes....it was nothing to do with their money.....I would never walk into any business anywhere and be the way that those people were and money isnt everything.....a smile a sorry cant help got rid and they didnt come back