Red Shirts Warned Against Getting Near Pitak Siam Rally Site

webfact

oh but the mighty nurofiend already did so.

read it again and then answer mine, because i've changed my mind, it's no longer a rhetorical question.

Do you think that section 68 of the Thai constitution has been fallen foul of by Pitak Siam?

do you support pitak siam?

Back-peddling now?

no.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me that this yellow-oriented rally will pass off without violence, and the 'terrorist' and 'armed militia' epithets tagged on to the red shirt movement by overenthusiastic right wingers will yet again be proved questionable.

To all those who had their car, their business or their personal pride damaged by the events of 2010, or had loved ones intimidated by those actions I would suggest that you seek damages using any legal channels available. The arguments about the rights and wrongs of red shirt demonstrations 2 years ago need to be clarified and judged in Thai courts. Everything else is just venting spleen and has no bearing on the overarching, objective reasons and justifications for why those events (the demonstrations, not the illegal acts) took place.

In the intervening years I would suggest that any red-oriented movement that considered itself an armed millitia ready to fight anything it opposed politically would have considered itself an utter failure. The red shirt movement persists.

Sometimes I think if we siphoned off those posters who had purely personal gripes against the red shirt behavior of 2010 - for which those responsible should be held accountable following Thai law, this forum would be a far more balanced and reasonable medium from which those who aren't so up to speed with the current political situation could get an understanding.

I think some anti-red shirt posters would like nothing more than for violence to break out at the hands of red shirts so that their waning battle-cry of 'terrorists' and 'armed militia' would garner the kind of validity it so desperately needs nowadays.

You seem to miss the point that prosecution under Thai law is pointless when PTP offers MP seats to those charged, or if this option is not available, free bail to persons rightfully convicted and jailed while their appeal hearings are delayed seemingly indefinitely. Yes, Thai law should be applied to wrongdoing, and those thwarting the process also need to be dealt with.

BTW the cries of terrorist were more than justified when a red shirt was convicted of the RPG attack on 30 MAR 2010. He explained the reason for the attack was "to cause fear and confusion in the people" (assuming accurate translation). That is the definition of terrorism, and was an opening gambit, not a hissy-fit reprisal after their BS was finally halted.

• Like 1

I don't doubt the reds will be interspersed with the demonstrators.

oh stop, you've already said that if there is violence from PS it will be because thaksin hired them

you've basically said that if there is any wrongdoing seen from PS in the future that it's thaksins fault and doing, there's no point in trying to reason with people so off the charts in their bias.

Pity you haven't been able to identify a facetious comment. Bias? Hardly - Bottom line, no-one Thai really cares enough about democratic process in Thailand or it would have been introduced ages ago. The political process in Thailand is laughable, motivated only by greed irrespective of who is in power. But yes, Thaksin is and has been the downfall of Thailand for nearly 10 years. And if you can't see it you prove my point admirably.

How exactly is Thaksin the downfall of Thailand.

Can you be specific ??

oh stop, you've already said that if there is violence from PS it will be because thaksin hired them

you've basically said that if there is any wrongdoing seen from PS in the future that it's thaksins fault and doing, there's no point in trying to reason with people so off the charts in their bias.

Pity you haven't been able to identify a facetious comment. Bias? Hardly - Bottom line, no-one Thai really cares enough about democratic process in Thailand or it would have been introduced ages ago. The political process in Thailand is laughable, motivated only by greed irrespective of who is in power. But yes, Thaksin is and has been the downfall of Thailand for nearly 10 years. And if you can't see it you prove my point admirably.

Can you be specific ??

Thailand prides itself of having never been colonised but is now ruled from the Emirates. How the flighty have mauled.

Surely you can do better than that ???

Never colonised indeed.

Burma ?

Laos ?

Cambodia ?

France ?

Japan ? ( but only for the last 20 years or so )

China ?

Karen ?

British ???

Please do tell us your facts about never colonised.........

Can you be specific ??

We are not in the kindergarden to explain.

So you can't or you won't. ??

Either way, your response is pathetic.

I cannot, my daughter, special teacher for handicapped children, instructed in Thailand in orphan-homes is not available for the moment.

• Like 1

I cannot, my daughter, special teacher for handicapped children, instructed in Thailand in orphan-homes is not available for the moment.

Even more pathetic.

Truly sad.

Never colonised indeed.

Burma ?

Laos ?

Cambodia ?

France ?

China ?

Karen ?

British ???

Watch a bit more History Channel

Never colonised indeed.

Burma ?

Laos ?

Cambodia ?

France ?

China ?

Karen ?

British ???

Watch a bit more History Channel

Or use a dictionary to learn the difference between invasion and colonisation. Hint - the "colon" in "colonisation" has nothing to do with your nether regions.