What Are People Here Doing With Old Bicycle Parts?

BBbUn

• 1 month later...

ahahaha..good question BBbun.

I usually keep spare parts as back up for a spare to assist a friend in need to keep his ride rolling.

I have some old Campy pedals from the 1970s!

Bearings in top shape, strap style to secure shoe to pedal. Pre-SPD!

PM me if interested.

My wife and I are decorating a new coffee shop bakery with a cycling/cyclist theme just outside chiang rai city and need all this kind of thing as decorative items.

Don't know where you guys are but if you're close then ?!?!?

Drop me a PM maybe

Thanks

I think the OP is asking about what to do with parts that are no longer usable by anyone and he'd prefer that they not wind up in a landfill. I've got the same question. No one is going to use my old stretched chains and cassettes with 15,000 kms on them or tires worn through to the casing.

Burgdawg, I keep a few chain links for an emergency, but how many old chains do you really need?

Ajarn P, I've got lots of old greasy parts and worn tires. I'm in Chiang Mai. If you ever get down here, you can have them.

Guest House, I don't know where you live but most of the Thais I ride with are using much better equipment than I have. It's much more likely that they'll be giving me their old equipment than vice-versa.

So how do we keep our junk out of the landfill?

• Like 1

Ajarn P, I've got lots of old greasy parts and worn tires. I'm in Chiang Mai. If you ever get down here, you can have them.

Thanks el jefe. I plan to cycle over to your area in February (after CNY) from my home in Chiang Rai. Be great to meet you and relieve you of your old bits and pieces. I can always put them in a box for the Green Bus to carry back.

I'll PM you when I know the dates

Thanks many

AjarnP

Guest House, I don't know where you live but most of the Thais I ride with are using much better equipment than I have. It's much more likely that they'll be giving me their old equipment than vice-versa.

So how do we keep our junk out of the landfill?

I ride with a regular club, we've got members from across the wealth spectrum, our best rider is a young lad who's riding a frame he bought for Bht3000 fitted up with second hand gear he's scraped together. But I can't say I pay a lot of attention to the gear any of the riders have, its the legs that matter.

• 4 weeks later...

There is an outdoor market on saturday nights at the Junction of Rachada and Lad Phrao.

It's called Khlong Thom, and they have many old bicycles and parts for sale.

You can sell them there or give them away if you wish.

A Thai friend of mine gave a whole bunch of stuff (chains/cassettes) to a shop that does steel sculptures. I'll see if I can contact him to find out the exact location as its been four years since I have been there.