Praise For Kfc Thailand

kaspercat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all focusing on the negatives again i see.

what a surprise.

Not all of us. I said kudos to KFC and I felt so positive about them that I was going to start eating there.

Any company who employs handicapped people get tax breaks!! Think about it.

I believe the story is about Thailand. Do they get tax breaks in Thailand? Or did you make that up?biggrin.png

I agree they are doing a good thing for deaf people - but I'd say deaf people are doing a good thing for KFC.

KFC are doing more good in the world than I? I don't know. I know they are doing a lot more harm.

I remember reading somewhere about how kids that eat there are more likely to be violent and I'd imagine fat.

Why are you trying to change the thread into a dissertation about killing chickens and violent fat kids? Why don't you start your own thread about killing chickens and violent overweight folks? The only thing you will accomplish here is baiting people to start an argument and have the thread closed. Was that your prime intention?

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I agree they are doing a good thing for deaf people - but I'd say deaf people are doing a good thing for KFC.

KFC are doing more good in the world than I? I don't know. I know they are doing a lot more harm.

I remember reading somewhere about how kids that eat there are more likely to be violent and I'd imagine fat.

Violent?

The fact that Yum! is a huge global corporation just makes them a bigger and more obvious target - and perhaps they do engage in other practices that cause harm in the world maybe not, but the guy selling fried chickens from CP at your street corner is every bit as evil as KFC if you believe the welfare of factory farmed chickens is important.

And the whole point of any corporate corporate social responsibility programme is the positive PR, but the individual leaders that launch specific initiatives may well have personal motives to target that particular issue, perhaps Mr Gian has a deaf-mute in the family or something?

In any case even if there are tax breaks or lower wages (both of which I doubt) in Singapore one benefit is probably higher retention rates = lower turnover = lower training costs, but a selfish motive doesn't cancel out the beneficial results so again kudos to KFC for this program.

KFC recently ordereed to payout millions to a girl in Australia who ate a chicken wrap infected with some shocking virus that left her permanently disabled in a wheelchair. There again hygeine standards and quality control for KFC are probably better here.

KFC recently ordereed to payout millions to a girl in Australia who ate a chicken wrap infected with some shocking virus that left her permanently disabled in a wheelchair. There again hygeine standards and quality control for KFC are probably better here.

I think it is the same franchise owner, Yum.

Employing a few deaf people whilst laudable does not offse the fact that KFC is about the unhealthiest food on the planet.

The smell of the grease from a KFC outlet makes me want to puke.

Maccas looks like health food compared to KFC!

Employing a few deaf people whilst laudable does not offse the fact that KFC is about the unhealthiest food on the planet.

KFC chicken drumstick 140 calories. KFC chicken breast 380 calories KFC chicken thigh 360 calories. Pad Thai 1400 calories

Edited by chiangmaikelly

There are much, much more interesting videos of Pam Anderson out there. thumbsup.gif

People talk about McD's being all over the world, but I've seen KFC places in some out-of-the-way places.

I almost never eat there (digestive problems with deep-fried foods), but I go for the soft ice cream. The only real dumpy KFC I've come across was in Ambon.

KFC chicken drumstick 140 calories. KFC chicken breast 380 calories KFC chicken thigh 360 calories. Pad Thai 1400 calories

So what. KFC is deep fried in a whatever disgusting oil they use.

And if you added the whole calorie intake of a standard KFC meal with a two or three pieces of chicken chips and coke then you have a high fat, high salt high sugar toxic cocktail with more calories than Pad Thai.

And finally most Thai food is pretty unhealthy as well so no point really using thai food as any sort of barometer.

• Like 1

So what. KFC is deep fried in a whatever disgusting oil they use.

And if you added the whole calorie intake of a standard KFC meal with a two or three pieces of chicken chips and coke then you have a high fat, high salt high sugar toxic cocktail with more calories than Pad Thai.

And finally most Thai food is pretty unhealthy as well so no point really using thai food as any sort of barometer.

1. No it does not.

2. This is Thailand and a Thai forum hence the comparison to Thai food.

Well because i have a bit of free time I went and did a google search on calorie counts.

For pad thai 940 calories and for a three piece KFC meal 1220. Calories arent everything however. Both meals are pretty unhealthy but at least pad thai has peanuts, lime, tofu, and bean sprouts in it. Nutrition wise pad thai superior but also high in salt,fat so not really a good choice.

• Like 1

Well because i have a bit of free time I went and did a google search on calorie counts.

For pad thai 940 calories and for a three piece KFC meal 1220. Calories arent everything however. Both meals are pretty unhealthy but at least pad thai has peanuts, lime, tofu, and bean sprouts in it. Nutrition wise pad thai superior but also high in salt,fat so not really a good choice.

My research suggested Pad Thai is 1400 calories. Pad Thai has more calories than your KFC meal at 1220 calories.

http://www.healthzon.../article/775163

The nutrition information paints a different story. It's shocking," says registered dietitian Carol Harrison, who reeled at the sodium in the dish."It's through the roof!" she says. "At 3,160 mg per serving, you're eating two days of sodium in just one sitting."

At 1,382 calories, the pad Thai has more than double the amount you should be eating for a meal, Harrison says. Keep in mind that doesn't include extra calories in the full dinner, from the spring roll appetizers to the fruity cocktails or

Edited by chiangmaikelly

The sodium level is indeed way over the top but in Thailand if you are outside and active you sweat so much that higher levels of sodium are not as big an issue as they would be in most western countries.

As for the calorie count in Pad Thai i checked five different websites on calorie count for Pad thai and they varied from 450c to the highest which i picked at 940c. This of course depends on the ingredients used and the size of the meal. Nonetheless Pad Thai would still be a far superior choice as a meal than KFC which was what i am arguing anyway.

The sodium level is indeed way over the top but in Thailand if you are outside and active you sweat so much that higher levels of sodium are not as big an issue as they would be in most western countries.

As for the calorie count in Pad Thai i checked five different websites on calorie count for Pad thai and they varied from 450c to the highest which i picked at 940c. This of course depends on the ingredients used and the size of the meal. Nonetheless Pad Thai would still be a far superior choice as a meal than KFC which was what i am arguing anyway.

The pad Thai meal that I presented has more salt and fat and calories than the KFC meal how is that better?

what a surprise.

Not all of us. I said kudos to KFC and I felt so positive about them that I was going to start eating there.

I believe the story is about Thailand. Do they get tax breaks in Thailand? Or did you make that up?biggrin.png

Having lived and worked in Thailand for over 25 years I have come across this situation many times. My current Thai employers are in the business of fabricating steel and pipe spools, they employ handicapped purely for tax reasons.

The pad Thai meal that I presented has more salt and fat and calories than the KFC meal how is that better?

Even if your figures are correct which i suggest they are not from what i have googled KFC is full of trans fats and grease and the deep frying of chips and chicken is way worse for you than any Pad Thai dish.

Even if your figures are correct which i suggest they are not from what i have googled KFC is full of trans fats and grease and the deep frying of chips and chicken is way worse for you than any Pad Thai dish.

So the Pad Thai is not fried in an oil with salt and sugar and worse than the oil KFC uses or the shrimp cured in salt brine? Face it both Pad Thai and KFC are bad for you. Very little difference except in anti or pro feelings toward the country or company.

Ask a dietitian and they will tell both with rot your arteries. You choose to say KFC is worse; I Pad Thai. The truth is both are equally bad.smile.png

what a surprise.

Having lived and worked in Thailand for over 25 years I have come across this situation many times. My current Thai employers are in the business of fabricating steel and pipe spools, they employ handicapped purely for tax reasons.

Exactly - those in this thread that believe KFC are doing it as they are a compassionate company make me laugh.and some even say they respect them :cheesy:

Exactly - those in this thread that believe KFC are doing it as they are a compassionate company make me laugh.and some even say they respect them cheesy.gif

There are a lot of fast food chains in Thailand why is KFC the only one to use deaf employees to staff a store?

My current Thai employers are in the business of fabricating steel and pipe spools, they employ handicapped purely for tax reasons.

So it's kudos to the Thai government, past or present, then?

Wow. On ThaiVisa you can't get much more controversial than that!

The problem when people take aim at easy targets like KFC or McDonalds is they give the false impression that these places are the problem, when it's general eating habits that are causing poor health. Fast food is just a symptom. People who eat it a lot probably are cooking as bad or worse food when they cook at home.

The problem when people take aim at easy targets like KFC or McDonalds is they give the false impression that these places are the problem, when it's general eating habits that are causing poor health. Fast food is just a symptom. People who eat it a lot probably are cooking as bad or worse food when they cook at home.

Of course they are a major part of the problem.

If you have time read a book called Fast Food Nation.

It will open your eyes to the depth of the problem.