President More Popular Than Yingluck And Abhisit: Poll

Lite Beer

President more popular than Yingluck and Abhisit: poll

The Nation on Sunday

BANGKOK: -- Survey results released on the eve of US President Barack Obama's arrival reveal that Thais have more faith in the American leader than in Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra or her predecessor.

If they could choose between Obama, Yingluck and Abhisit, about 43 per cent of survey respondents said they had faith in Obama as the best leader, while about one-third picked Yingluck and 24 per cent threw their support behind Abhisit, said the director of Assumption University's Abac Poll, Noppadon Kannika. The survey questioned 2,115 respondents aged 18 and over in seven provinces between Monday and Friday, he said.

On Obama's role in promoting democracy in Thailand, 85.4 per cent of respondents said they wanted him to support preserving the Constitutional monarchy. About 70 per cent wanted him to address the crisis of faith in Thai politicians, and over 65 per cent said they wanted Obama to help improve Thai politicians' morality. About the same number of people wanted the president to help solve the problem of vote-buying, while over half of respondents said they wanted the rights and duties of Thai citizens be seen as important to the Thai government.

Asked to identify problems they would like Obama to help solve, over 85 per cent of respondents cited drugs and transnational crime, according to the poll.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-18

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

85% of Thais polled want Obama to help solve the Ya Ba problem in Thailand. I wonder how he would do that? What else do they want him to help with? Stopping womens' underwear thieves?

Obama could care less about Thailand's internal problems. He is busy transforming America.

• Like 1

85% of Thais polled want Obama to help solve the Ya Ba problem in Thailand. I wonder how he would do that? What else do they want him to help with? Stopping womens' underwear thieves?

Obama could care less about Thailand's internal problems. He is busy transforming America.

Busy transforming America into a banana republic... It's so broke now and will never be able to clear its debts. Why would Thailand want to align itself with 'friendlies' like USA? As for Barry being more popular than the two politicians here, that's a no brainer, as the two here have no international presence or recognition other than negative or useless press.

• Like 2

They could get him to tour the plastic surgery wing and have him place his hand on the heads of those with a botched penis.

• Like 2

Busy transforming America into a banana republic... It's so broke now and will never be able to clear its debts. Why would Thailand want to align itself with 'friendlies' like USA? As for Barry being more popular than the two politicians here, that's a no brainer, as the two here have no international presence or recognition other than negative or useless press.

Spot on. To prove your point take a look here.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

• Like 1

I think he has got enough on his plate within his own country?

About the same number of people wanted the president to help solve the problem of vote-buying,

I wonder how many of those polled sold their vote? The only way that request could be achieved is to offer money to stop vote selling! blink.png

What a stupid request, "you sold your vote, now you don't like what you have brought, you expect a 'falang' to help you sort it out?" They really do not realize how frigging stupid they make themselves look!

You mean that 43% of Thais actually know of what is happening outside of "Planet Thailand" ??? I call BS. coffee1.gif

I guess the pollers were going like this:

"...ahm...Obama, Obama...how to say....oh...the American president?! USA?!....that black dude?!...I show you a picture! Here! ....still nothing? Okay, I count that as a YES!"

• Like 1

Huh! I find this odd! is this survey really credible????? But Obama is dark skinned........Thai people only like light skinned yeah. He does not look Korean or Japanese, Plus thai people normally hate blacks, indians, middle-easterns, their own dark skinned Isaan people, etc. So how can this be true?

Huh! I find this odd! is this survey really credible????? But Obama is dark skinned........Thai people only like light skinned yeah. He does not look Korean or Japanese, Plus thai people normally hate blacks, indians, middle-easterns, their own dark skinned Isaan people, etc. So how can this be true?

They have no clue, who he is....maybe...?!