Pattaya Grinds To A Halt As Heavy Rain Drenches The City

Rimmer

Why because I have spoken up! I have taken picture throughtout town and send them to local Pattaya papers to indicate the problems I see, which is exactly what I did in the problem I just mentioned at Nernpludwan. In fact, when I was taking pictures on the drain one official rush up to me and spoke some nasty words in Thai like he wanted to fight. I indicated to him the height of the drain and such he just walked away! This is what you have to deal with?

Edited by Rimmer
inflammatory also quoted replies of removed

Some inflammatory posts removed also quoted replies of removed. I have also edited some inflammatory remarks from posts in order to keep the peace around here. Please try not to get so vocal, thanks guys smile.png

That looks like a walk in the park compared to what we get in Phuket

That's true. Every time I've been anywhere near Phuket it always seemed to be raining, or just about to rain, or just finished raining, though rain can be very enjoyable as long as I'm at home to watch it from my balcony with a beer and dont have to go out in it.

A lot of people prefer to live near Pattaya simply because it is much drier here on average than in most other parts of Thailand, as confirmed by the official weather statistics. This also may be the reason why the drainage here isn't always up to the task; it just doesnt get used often enough.

I remember those days, bout 10 years back when I lived there. I would ride the motorbike through 12-18inch (30 to 45cm) deep flood waters with the honey de jure on squealing on the back with her little feet up trying not to get them in the water. Never once stalled. Those were fun days biggrin.png

"Honey de jure" ... since "de jure" means "by law", that would be your wife. Never heard her referred to that way before, though

I am sure that he meant "du jour", as in "soup du jour" -- soup [honey] of the day. Got it? Perhaps "honey du nuit" might be more accurate....

Should be “de la nuit”.

biggrin.png

I measured 2 inches (5 cm) this sunday afternoon on Pattayatai.

The missus was flooded until her waist, but she still measures 144 centimetres, no idea how many inches that is.

"The missus was flooded until her waist, but she still measures 144 centimetres"

Contrary to popular belief, dwarfs do not shrink as a consequence of being exposed to flood water! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I remember those days, bout 10 years back when I lived there. I would ride the motorbike through 12-18inch (30 to 45cm) deep flood waters with the honey de jure on squealing on the back with her little feet up trying not to get them in the water. Never once stalled. Those were fun days biggrin.png

"Honey de jure" ... since "de jure" means "by law", that would be your wife. Never heard her referred to that way before, though

I am sure that he meant "du jour", as in "soup du jour" -- soup [honey] of the day. Got it? Perhaps "honey du nuit" might be more accurate....

Should be “de la nuit”.

LoL, Honey of the Day, "Du Jour" or what ever just sounded better than "What ever hoe I was feelin that day". And yeah Pattaya was fun then, in the early 2000's before the Russians were there heavy and the baht was like 43 to the USD. I'm grateful for those days.

Funny du jour.