Decent Movies Made/set In Thailand.

End

My first trip to TL I was an extra the the Gina Davis pirate flick that was a total dud. It was terrible. Miserable experience.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Shanghai with John Cusack was partially filmed in bangkok. I was an extra in that, as you said, it was a fairly miserable experience, but interesting enough to see how many hours work goes into making a few minutes of a movie.

The movie was average at best....

Edited by jonw8uk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first trip to TL I was an extra the the Gina Davis pirate flick that was a total dud. It was terrible. Miserable experience.

But her next film Long Kiss Goodnight wasn't half bad for an action thriller. And Thelma and Louise of course, my wife at the time became one of Brad Pitt's most rabid early fans from that.

Seen it, absolute rubbish. How a great actor like William Hurt got talked into this piece of crap is beyond me.

Yes he's a brilliant actor, and he does try to be selective, but in the end needed to pay for the ongoing costs of running his airplane (favourite hobby) as well as all his children fathered by a string of ex-wives and mistresses - his usual pattern has been to knock up the next wife before leaving the last one.

And don't forget he got roped into "Lost in Space" a klunker if there ever was one.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Seen it, absolute rubbish. How a great actor like William Hurt got talked into this piece of crap is beyond me.

Yes he's a brilliant actor, and he does try to be selective, but in the end needed to pay for the ongoing costs of running his airplane (favourite hobby) as well as all his children fathered by a string of ex-wives and mistresses - his usual pattern has been to knock up the next wife before leaving the last one.

And don't forget he got roped into "Lost in Space" a klunker if there ever was one.

Lost in Space is Academy Award material compared to Hellgate.

Brokedown Palace takes place in Thailand but was filmed in Phillipines.

William Hurt had a career setback when word got out he liked to beat up his girlfriends, like his co-star from Children of a Lesser God. A rep like that is box office poison, by 1990 or so he (role-wise) had to take whatever he could get.

Edited by bendejo

hellgate 2011, just downloaded it but not had time to watch it yet , set in bangkok .

Some filming was done in an apartment building on Sukhumvit Soi 4, nearly adjacent to the Nana Tai Mansion. Locals said Bill Hurt was nice.

Some Bollywood actioners are shot in Bangkok as well.

William Hurt had a career setback when word got out he liked to beat up his girlfriends, like his co-star from Children of a Lesser God. A rep like that is box office poison, by 1990 or so he (role-wise) had to take whatever he could get.

He apparently got quite a bit better in that regard once he got sober, met his next wife in rehab. . .

Got 1.2 mill for The Village, sure peanuts for an Oscar-winner but still not shabby IMO.

Ong Bak, and I forget the name and I haven't seen it, but a Thai made film won the Palme D'or a couple of years ago.

Suriyothai? About the historical/legendary lady general?

She was the Queen/Consort of Chakkrabhat.

Some of the best films made here in my opinion are the films of Nonzee Nimibutr especially Nang Nak and the beautifully shot Jan Dara which is almost like looking at old sepia photos.

tommorrow never dies. (james bond)

D.O.A: dead or alive

The killing fields. (1984)

The quest (1996)

These are not the sort of films i would watch, but the OP asked for films that were filmed in Thailand.

"Bangkok Adrenaline"

Low budget action written in a Sukhumvit bar, and starred in, by a bunch of stuntmen. Co-stars a cutie and, even better, a few minutes of a very classic ride.

Didn't like it much the first time, but when looked at from a humorous perspective, made me laugh the second time. Martial arts action is fairly decent, too. Lots of good locations. It's worth the 100 baht.

TRAILER: