The New Challenge: How To Differentiate Bogus Red Shirt Activists From Genuine Ones?

webfact

Nobody is genuine red shirt until shotted dead, and all shotted dead people are genuine red shirt no matter they are in red, in yellow or in soldier uniform.

Indeed. Maybe the march has swelled so much in numbers due to the massive payouts on the table.

Get 4,000 old and sick to wear shiny new red shirts, shoot them all and claim a massive 37 billion baht in political death compensation. The thing is the army is not playing this time round.

There is a certain segment of most societies that will grab an opportunity to indulge in a little gratuitous violence, particular as part of a large group where the chances of being identified is much smaller. They don't particularly follow the ideals of whichever group they attach themselves to, or care if the cause is won or lost, the fun is in the rough play.

Now while such an element may be handy on some occasions, they can also be an embarassment at other times, and the leadership will try hard to disown them from the ranks of the true believers.

The propaganda and violent rhetoric put out by the red shirts has attracted this segment like a fresh turd attracts flies. The call "bring your weapons" and "bring bottles, we'll supply the petrol" was music to their ears, and it can hardly be surprising what the result was in 2010 when the leadership capitulated, losing all credibility with those they had incited to violence for so long.

Now the red leadership wish to disown them, calling them fake reds. But if you ask those running amok who they are associated with, what answer will they give?

• Like 1

How to distinguish between bogus 'any colour' and 'real colour', that's the question. So if some yellow shirts like to join the fun in Udon Thani, what colour shirt should they wear?

BTW "Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Prasopdee claimed that there have been offers at Bt1,000-2,000 each to rural people to join the mass rally on Saturday. (MCOT online news)". I wonder if he heart it through the grapevine or from our esteemed member jayboy ?

• Like 1

"...the authorities suspect some ‘third party’ instigators will disguise themselves as Red Shirt activists..."

I can't believe the media took the bait on this story! Isn't it pretty obvious that this is just a cheap ploy to provide cover for real red shirts who will try to instigate violence?

How to distinguish between bogus 'any colour' and 'real colour', that's the question. So if some yellow shirts like to join the fun in Udon Thani, what colour shirt should they wear?

BTW "Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Prasopdee claimed that there have been offers at Bt1,000-2,000 each to rural people to join the mass rally on Saturday. (MCOT online news)". I wonder if he heart it through the grapevine or from our esteemed member jayboy ?

Well NOW it is widely reported, but the credibility of the source still leaves a lot to be desired.

"...the authorities suspect some ‘third party’ instigators will disguise themselves as Red Shirt activists..."

I can't believe the media took the bait on this story! Isn't it pretty obvious that this is just a cheap ploy to provide cover for real red shirts who will try to instigate violence?

The maoist roadmap:

1. win the people by populist policies. (Not good not bad.) Except the red village indoctrination.

2. win academics.( Most bad, sometimes good)

3. create underground hidden fighters everywhere you can find and pay them.

"How to distinguish between bogus 'any colour' and 'real colour', that's the question. So if some yellow shirts like to join the fun in Udon Thani, what colour shirt should they wear?"

well this is it.

it's not like the thousands of members of each group (red shirts or yellow shirts/pitak siam or whatever that same crowd call themselves these days) all know each other, so it would be very easy to infiltrate either protest group by simply putting on a t-shirt.

He claimed that there have been offers at Bt1,000-2,000 each to rural people to join the mass rally on Saturday.

Hmmm I wonder if this is enough money to encourage many redshirts to abandon their leaders and join the protest.

Thats 4 times more than they got to vote the current lot in. I would believe B2000 will turn red into just about any other color.

The nutters have taken over the asylum. No cases of vote buying against PTP at last election only Chidchob and he deserted to be with Abhisits military government

You sound more knowledgable when you talk about Yinglucks dress sense.

There is a certain segment of most societies that will grab an opportunity to indulge in a little gratuitous violence, particular as part of a large group where the chances of being identified is much smaller. They don't particularly follow the ideals of whichever group they attach themselves to, or care if the cause is won or lost, the fun is in the rough play.

Now while such an element may be handy on some occasions, they can also be an embarassment at other times, and the leadership will try hard to disown them from the ranks of the true believers.

The propaganda and violent rhetoric put out by the red shirts has attracted this segment like a fresh turd attracts flies. The call "bring your weapons" and "bring bottles, we'll supply the petrol" was music to their ears, and it can hardly be surprising what the result was in 2010 when the leadership capitulated, losing all credibility with those they had incited to violence for so long.

Now the red leadership wish to disown them, calling them fake reds. But if you ask those running amok who they are associated with, what answer will they give?

It would have been easy to write...off duty soldiers loyal to boonlert disguised as red shirt start riots by shooting several demonstrators at the rally

"How to distinguish between bogus 'any colour' and 'real colour', that's the question. So if some yellow shirts like to join the fun in Udon Thani, what colour shirt should they wear?"

well this is it.

it's not like the thousands of members of each group (red shirts or yellow shirts/pitak siam or whatever that same crowd call themselves these days) all know each other, so it would be very easy to infiltrate either protest group by simply putting on a t-shirt.

There are two aspects to your answer which I find difficult to accept. The lesser part is the 'a T-shirt', unless you would like to suggest black/white or rainbow colours. Especially the last could start a new fashion statement and allow Thailand to be another hub rolleyes.gif

The more serious objection I have is the "yellow shirt/pitak siam/ or whatever name". PAD had yellow shirts, but not all yellow shirt are PAD, Pitak Siam has yellow shirt followers, but also PAD (which 'allowed' it members to join the rally') and probably other 'concerned citicens'. With red-shirts you have various organisations, some small some big like the UDD and Pheu Thai. Not all UDD supporters might be red-shirts and not all red-shirt UDD supporters.

Saturday if I feel like it I'll walk to Royal Plaza in the afternoon to have a look. Now please advise, what colour and type of shirt should I wear wai.gif

• Like 1

It would have been easy to write...off duty soldiers loyal to boonlert disguised as red shirt start riots by shooting several demonstrators at the rally

It would be equally easy to write ... on duty police follow orders of various police generals in the current government and of course our beloved Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin and start suppression of peaceful rally with faulty gas grenades. Neither your nor my description really helps though wai.gif

well this is it.

There are two aspects to your answer which I find difficult to accept. The lesser part is the 'a T-shirt', unless you would like to suggest black/white or rainbow colours. Especially the last could start a new fashion statement and allow Thailand to be another hub rolleyes.gif

The more serious objection I have is the "yellow shirt/pitak siam/ or whatever name". PAD had yellow shirts, but not all yellow shirt are PAD, Pitak Siam has yellow shirt followers, but also PAD (which 'allowed' it members to join the rally') and probably other 'concerned citicens'. With red-shirts you have various organisations, some small some big like the UDD and Pheu Thai. Not all UDD supporters might be red-shirts and not all red-shirt UDD supporters.

Saturday if I feel like it I'll walk to Royal Plaza in the afternoon to have a look. Now please advise, what colour and type of shirt should I wear wai.gif

oh god, i give up.

• Like 1

LOL... her dress sense is probably the least of her problems.

LOL... her dress sense is probably the least of her problems.

Yes, but does she knows it? Maybe getting dressed is her biggest problem.cheesy.gif

Well, if they went as far as burning Central World down in order to incriminate the reds, buying & distributing a few red shirts is nothing.

His is cloud cuckoo land today?

Perhaps he has a point !!

Notwithstanding thousands of troops protecting the place, probably thousands of witnesses, certainly hundreds of cameras etc etc etc and presumably the desire of the owners, police, government etc to catch the culprits, we have no convictions or even substantial accusations, two years later................

What is wrong with the picture ?

military controlled area in which a building burns and it was not the military who did it, obvious as the nose on your face.

ooops

don't be so sure, it's a dirty tactic that has been used in other countries.

He claimed that there have been offers at Bt1,000-2,000 each to rural people to join the mass rally on Saturday.

Hmmm I wonder if this is enough money to encourage many redshirts to abandon their leaders and join the protest.

Thats 4 times more than they got to vote the current lot in. I would believe B2000 will turn red into just about any other color.

The nutters have taken over the asylum. No cases of vote buying against PTP at last election only Chidchob and he deserted to be with Abhisits military government

I would give anything to live in your fantasy world backtonormal.

BTW "Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Prasopdee claimed that there have been offers at Bt1,000-2,000 each to rural people to join the mass rally on Saturday. (MCOT online news)".

I wonder if he heard it through the grapevine or from our esteemed member jayboy ?

So far, the sources of this "widely reported" news have been:

1. Red Shirt (non-fake) Korkaew

2. Red Shirt (non-fake) Pracha

3. jayboy (later recanted)

:coffee1:

For most it is, particularly when looking at specifically who these "authorities" actually are, but for a very small handful it is not.

Can we please have a NO shirt movement as im sure this will be more appealing to the masses ??

Red Shirt Leader Sombat already tried a No Shirt....(and No Pants) faction movement with some scary results

:unsure:

Is the lady in the black bra on the right at 2:00 into the clip Thida? Kinda favors her.

I would give anything to live in your fantasy world backtonormal.

Better a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.